Indigenous All Star game

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm looking forward to it (maybe because my team is going to play!).

In all fairness, I'm just glad I'll be able to see some AFL again. Sure the standard and intensity might not be the same as 2 top 4 teams going at it but will be good to help my footy fix :thumbsu:

And how many of the Richmond players will actually be involved in the game? I would expect the side to be made up of, predominantly, fringe players and youngsters fighting for a spot at the start of the season.

Not so. The side was announced today. Its not a bad side.

No. 1 – Chris Newman
No. 3 – Brett Deledio
No. 4 – Dustin Martin
No. 5 – Brandon Ellis
No. 6 – Shaun Grigg
No. 7 – Matt Dea
No. 8 – Jack Riewoldt
No. 9 – Trent Cotchin
No. 10 – Shane Edwards
No. 12 – David Astbury
No. 14 – Bachar Houli
No. 15 – Chris Knights
No. 16 – Luke McGuane
No. 18 – Alex Rance
No. 23 – Daniel Jackson
No. 26 – Robin Nahas
No. 27 – Aaron Edwards
No. 29 – Tyrone Vickery
No. 30 – Reece Conca
No. 31 – Nick Vlastuin
No. 33 – Kamdyn McIntosh
No. 35 – Matthew White
No. 36 – Matthew McDonough
No. 37 – Orren Stephenson
No. 38 – Steven Morris
No. 40 – Cadeyn Williams
No. 43 – Todd Elton
No. 45 – Brett O’Hanlon
No. 48 – Ben Darrou
No. 49 – Steven Verrier

just my personal speculation (no inside info at all), but knowing the AFL they probably insisted on x number of cameras, highlights and replays, half time interviews, etc.

TBH I don't give a stuff about bells and whistles for this kind of game, just wanna see some footy

Man that sucks, I've caught the odd game on NITV before and I reckon their coverage is pretty decent, not a whole lot worse than ABC's WAFL coverage tbh.

Bolded is spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't honestly be comparing, what is essentially an intra-club match for Richmond to a representative match in the NRL.

Here is the "All-star" squad

Indigenous All-Stars squad:
Adelaide: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Graham Johncock, Jared Petrenko
Brisbane Lions: Ashley McGrath
Carlton: Eddie Betts
Essendon: Alwyn Davey, Courtenay Dempsey, Leroy Jetta, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Patrick Ryder
Fremantle: Jonathon Griffin, Joshua Simpson
Geelong: Bradley Hartman, Allen Christensen, Steven Motlop
Gold Coast: Harley Bennell, Jarrod Harbrow, Steven May
Greater Western Sydney: Shaun Edwards, Curtly Hampton, Gerald Ugle, Zac Williams, Nathan Wilson
Hawthorn: Jed Anderson, Amos Frank, Lance Franklin, Bradley Hill
Melbourne: Aaron Davey, Neville Jetta
North Melbourne: Lindsay Thomas
Port Adelaide: Brendon Ah Chee, Jake Neade, Chad Wingard
St Kilda: Terry Milera
Sydney Swans: Tony Armstrong, Lewis Jetta
West Coast: Josh Hill, Murray Newman, Sharrod Wellingham
Western Bulldogs: Brett Goodes, Liam Jones, Koby Stevens

How many of those players picked in the squad would make a starting 22 in a top 4 side, let alone a supposed "ALL STAR" side ??? Just out of interest I bolded those players who are draftees/have played less than 20 games of AFL football. So 19/42 of the players from the squad have barely played a game of football/just been recruited into the system.

And how many of the Richmond players will actually be involved in the game? I would expect the side to be made up of, predominantly, fringe players and youngsters fighting for a spot at the start of the season.

The nrl's game at least appears to be a representative game, with two strong teams playing against each other. No disrespect to Richmond or the indigenous all-star players, but those expecting the game to be more than an intra-club match will be in for a rude shock, and honestly it isn't expected to be more than that by most people.
Don't worry about how many of them would make a starting 22.
I would be more concerned about how many are actually indigenous.Where is Mundine when you need him?

You can't honestly be comparing, what is essentially an intra-club match for Richmond to a representative match in the NRL.

Here is the "All-star" squad

Indigenous All-Stars squad:
Adelaide: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Graham Johncock, Jared Petrenko
Brisbane Lions: Ashley McGrath
Carlton: Eddie Betts
Essendon: Alwyn Davey, Courtenay Dempsey, Leroy Jetta, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Patrick Ryder
Fremantle: Jonathon Griffin, Joshua Simpson
Geelong: Bradley Hartman, Allen Christensen, Steven Motlop
Gold Coast: Harley Bennell, Jarrod Harbrow, Steven May
Greater Western Sydney: Shaun Edwards, Curtly Hampton, Gerald Ugle, Zac Williams, Nathan Wilson
Hawthorn: Jed Anderson, Amos Frank, Lance Franklin, Bradley Hill
Melbourne: Aaron Davey, Neville Jetta
North Melbourne: Lindsay Thomas
Port Adelaide: Brendon Ah Chee, Jake Neade, Chad Wingard
St Kilda: Terry Milera
Sydney Swans: Tony Armstrong, Lewis Jetta
West Coast: Josh Hill, Murray Newman, Sharrod Wellingham
Western Bulldogs: Brett Goodes, Liam Jones, Koby Stevens

How many of those players picked in the squad would make a starting 22 in a top 4 side, let alone a supposed "ALL STAR" side ??? Just out of interest I bolded those players who are draftees/have played less than 20 games of AFL football. So 19/42 of the players from the squad have barely played a game of football/just been recruited into the system.

The nrl's game at least appears to be a representative game, with two strong teams playing against each other. No disrespect to Richmond or the indigenous all-star players, but those expecting the game to be more than an intra-club match will be in for a rude shock, and honestly it isn't expected to be more than that by most people.

Oh be quiet!

Go find something else to do if you're not interested.

Don't worry about how many of them would make a starting 22.
I would be more concerned about how many are actually indigenous.Where is Mundine when you need him?

Think there's more players of Anglo-saxon decent in the so called indigenous side than there is in the Richmond side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Indigenous All Star game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back