Aboriginal & TSI Indigenous All Stars - Who would your side be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lingsface

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I read an article that says this team will return to face Fremantle at the start of the year.

Who would your side be?

I’ll have a go, don’t really have a list of all the players but will try.

D Rioli Pearce Jones
Impey May Coleman
Br Hill Kelly S Bolton
K Pickett JUH C Rayner
T Stengle L Ryan C Cameron

Finlayson Rankine JHF

Humphries R Sanders Bedford B Hill
Wanganeen Milera Simpkin Windhager

Why the hell should players miss a preseason game and match prep with their teams before the season to play an exhibition game. Just pointless.

“Each club will have two pre-season matches next year and if a player is selected in the exhibition game, they will miss one of their club’s pre-season contests.”
Have you watched a pre-season game?
most players are going at 50% and played out of position while playing half/quarter playing time's
unless your a rookie, its just a dress rehearsal

Have you watched a pre-season game?
most players are going at 50% and played out of position while playing half/quarter playing time's
unless your a rookie, its just a dress rehearsal

Doesn’t matter if it’s a dress rehearsal IMO. It’s about getting somewhat of a better understanding under a different opponent as to how your structures are set up and how the individuals play as a team.

Particularly with only the 2 PS games now, generally have at least one that’s pretty close to full dress rehearsal even if it’s not at full pace. The other may be experimenting around with positions/tactics/giving others a run but that’s all still important to the overall team dynamic.

It’s just unnecessary to remove them from the clubs games. If they play, just play an extra game.

Doesn’t matter if it’s a dress rehearsal IMO. It’s about getting somewhat of a better understanding under a different opponent as to how your structures are set up and how the individuals play as a team.

Particularly with only the 2 PS games now, generally have at least one that’s pretty close to full dress rehearsal even if it’s not at full pace. The other may be experimenting around with positions/tactics/giving others a run but that’s all still important to the overall team dynamic.

It’s just unnecessary to remove them from the clubs games. If they play, just play an extra game.

And having Freo players playing against team mates is a great way to learn about your team mates.

I read an article that says this team will return to face Fremantle at the start of the year.

Who would your side be?

D Rioli Pearce Jones
Impey May Coleman
Br Hill Kelly S Bolton
K Pickett JUH C Rayner

Finlayson Rankine JHF

Karl Amon play Bowls?

Who would your side be?

D Rioli Pearce Jones
Impey May Coleman
Br Hill Kelly S Bolton
K Pickett JUH C Rayner

Finlayson Rankine JHF

I had to google JHF then and yes, he does have heritage.. i had no idea

This is better than a National Carnival/State of Origin comp, IMO.

No, it's not.

But I will enjoy the mental gymnastics why this format will work and why SOO couldn't.

Hopefully it's Ch 7 doing a test to see how much interest there is in an inferior product.

If it rates it's socks off, SOO might be a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it's not.

But I will enjoy the mental gymnastics why this format will work and why SOO couldn't.

Hopefully it's Ch 7 doing a test to see how much interest there is in an inferior product.

State of Origin stinks and nobody wants it. You cannot fabricate state pride that does not exist in footy.

Why the hell should players miss a preseason game and match prep with their teams before the season to play an exhibition game. Just pointless.

“Each club will have two pre-season matches next year and if a player is selected in the exhibition game, they will miss one of their club’s pre-season contests.”

Not only that, what if the player is mis-managed and ends up injured.

Is this the AFL finding ways to sneak State of Origin back into things?

No, it's not.

Because an Indigenous All-Stars game forms part of the wider agreement between the AFL and the AFLPA with their Reconciliation Action Plan and wider objectives related to this, and isn't designed to be a commercial or otherwise even related to the main operation of the main football competition, and how it rates or whatever is not really a concern?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aboriginal & TSI Indigenous All Stars - Who would your side be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back