****ing umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to agree. Crap both ways, but would say you did slightly better. That could be the colour of my glasses though. :D

Good to see you guys playing better after your run with injuries. I think you will be a tough opponent in Sept.
Would love to be a threat this year, but our performance tonight was eye opening - we just cant play at the MCG. Hoping Guerra and Guston are ok, youll def need them for the premiership!

In 2008 we played a game-style of deliberately giving frees away to slow the opposition rebound and the free kick differential made sense. This year's differential makes no sense. And tonight was ridiculous, the umpires almost free-kicked the Eagles back into the game. The comical call on Mitchell for push in the back (resulting in a goal) was about the worst I have ever seen.

In 2008 we played a game-style of deliberately giving frees away to slow the opposition rebound and the free kick differential made sense. This year's differential makes no sense. And tonight was ridiculous, the umpires almost free-kicked the Eagles back into the game. The comical call on Mitchell for push in the back (resulting in a goal) was about the worst I have ever seen.

Nah, we didn't actually - at all, like ever, as in nup - wasn't part of the plan that we worked on or eventuated.

Ever.

Nice story though.

Are you Tails brother? - cause we have been meaning to talk to him..........

Would love to be a threat this year, but our performance tonight was eye opening - we just cant play at the MCG. Hoping Guerra and Guston are ok, youll def need them for the premiership!
I don't think you are a threat to win it all this year, but if your rucks have a day out with Kennedy, you could knock out anyone. Guerra is cooked by the look of it but hopeful on Gunners.

cheers :thumbsu:

It is seriously the weakest pool of quality umpires for decades.

They are appalling. Not only the incorrect ones paid but the multitude they miss as well.

The game is suffering enormously from it. The AFL deny there is a problem. There is a MAJOR problem.

I have had enough. It has made me feel sick in the guts all year and tonight was no different.

No-one at the ground has any idea what is going on out there inside or outside the grandstand.

If I can borrow a quote from an AFL coach from years ago: 'I'm not allowed to comment on the umpires. And if ever I was going to not comment on the umpires, I really am not going to comment on the umpires after today's efforts.'

I noticed a couple of late square-ups to Hawthorn on the wing where it was safe to do so without costing a goal. Only when the game was dusted did they decide to bother offering us anything forward of centre. I also noticed the commentators were saying 'blatantly in the back' when we tackled the Weagles, but when they did exactly the same thing it was 'a perfect tackle'. If I was paranoid, I'd be suggesting a conspiracy...

Agree totally with you Agent Smith. Bruce and Denis did everything except barrack for the Eagles.

Three goals in the last quarter due directly to poor umpiring, and Cometti has the gall to say the Eagles are mounting a challenge.

After the last two efforts it looks like we will be up against it in the finals as far as umpires go. But we are still good enough.

Have Joined the forum just to vent, that's how bad that umpiring was.

McInerney is normally one of the few umpires that gives us a fair run, (not a favoured run, just a fair run and thats all I ever want), but he reamed us tonight.

It's nopt just the crap wrong decisions they make, its that they only award them against us, never to us. And the ONE wrong decision to favour us for what seems like the entire year, which was last week for Puopolo in th elast quarter, we NEVER HEARD THE END OF IT, especially from the most Biased commentator in the business, Paul Roos, (seriously, Eddie gets crap from when he called Magpies games, how does Roos get away with his RIDICULOUS BIAS during Swans games?!?!?!? THe sun doesnt shine out his bum, AFL world).

I bet he doesnt crap on about how terrible the Beau Waters/Sam Mitchell free kick was which was THE WORST DECISION OF THE YEAR!

What really gets me though, is that we seem to just take it on the chin. Hardwick, Malthouse (when he coached), Brad and Chris Scott, they dont shy away from bringing it up in their press confernce when they've been bent over by the umps, why do we?

You lkno what? I can answer my own question, it's because when Clarko did a few years back, (cant remember the game, but he said something like "Gee, number 3 had a good game, didnt he?' refering to the ump), the AFL jumped on him, but I've never seen it happen to any other coach.

And other fans wonder why we have an 'US vs The World' attitude??? Because it's TRUE.

End rant, McInnerney, you made McBurney look like Hawthorn's number one ticket holder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering Jeff gieschen essentially said this week that they coach umpires NOT to use common sense, I'm not surprised by tonight's display.

Let's not forget, the umpires "coach" has never actually umpired a game in his life. How can you coach someone on something you've never done?

I fully expect to get McLaren, #30 and someone else in our first final.

I fully expect to be >10 frees less at half time.

I fully expect to be hurling abuse at them at the main break.

Yep.

Tonight was just a preview of what we'll be in for next week and beyond.

I know complaining about them, especially after a win (that sealed the minor premiership), is frowned upon but I genuinely believe they have in it for us. Always have.

Shits me. :thumbsdown:

This is the end result of us being so dominant in the 80's and early 90's. The kids then grew up hating us for being so damn good for that period (take note Geelong supporters, THAT was a dynasty), and what happened to those kids?

They grew up to be umpires...

Tonight just re-affirmed my absolute disgust with the maggots. Vile scum, one of these days they are going to cost us a game I tell ya.

It did, in the game aginst the Eagles in Perth, that ridiculous holding the ball decision which was against Osborne from memory? Or the Rioli holding the ball decision that wasnt paid against the cats a few weeks ago. That's just 2 that sprng straight to mind in games decided by less than a goal and in the last couple of minutes.

Can you tell how angry I am???

I got very close to jumping the fence and decking McInerney. I don't know if he's a WA native or if he's just got some sort of vested interest in WCE, but god damn it he was only umpiring one team tonight.

I wished something bad upon him in the main BF section, and got a yellow for it. It probably would have been red had I said what I was really thinking. And I'm still thinking it.

What a disgusting human being he is. Just blatantly IGNORING anything that was going in our favour while giving EVERYTHING to that cheating, drug addicted scum that was possible. Absolutely seething. :thumbsdown:

If I can borrow a quote from an AFL coach from years ago: 'I'm not allowed to comment on the umpires. And if ever I was going to not comment on the umpires, I really am not going to comment on the umpires after today's efforts.'

I noticed a couple of late square-ups to Hawthorn on the wing where it was safe to do so without costing a goal. Only when the game was dusted did they decide to bother offering us anything forward of centre. I also noticed the commentators were saying 'blatantly in the back' when we tackled the Weagles, but when they did exactly the same thing it was 'a perfect tackle'. If I was paranoid, I'd be suggesting a conspiracy...

In the back should only be in the back if it is the first act of the tackler.
If a player is chased down and dispossessed and thereafter you land in the back the tackle should always be rewarded first.
If you push them in the back and thwart them from a disposal in doing so it is a different story.

Seriously though. To be in front all night. Win by 4 goals. Not play dirty. Then only receive 8 frees is just ridiculous.
Apart from a couple, they can have their 16, but our tally was the result of seriously bad umpiring.

When 45,000 fans collectively scream in anger several times, then the same 45k collectively cheer ironically when you do get the odd free kick, you know they have had a stinker.

the umps lost the plot, up until the last quarter i reckon they did alright, the they just reverted to ticky touch free's, frustrating for both sides.

Exactly, the first three quarters were umpired like a final with most of those stupid high contact/ in the back frees not being paid. Then suddenly in the last they went mad.

When 45,000 fans collectively scream in anger several times, then the same 45k collectively cheer ironically when you do get the odd free kick, you know they have had a stinker.

I hate the bagging of the umpires, but I must admit to actually doing the above in the last quarter.
It was just bodgy.

It did, in the game aginst the Eagles in Perth, that ridiculous holding the ball decision which was against Osborne from memory? Or the Rioli holding the ball decision that wasnt paid against the cats a few weeks ago. That's just 2 that sprng straight to mind in games decided by less than a goal and in the last couple of minutes.

Can you tell how angry I am???

That Osborne one was the worst in the history of the game.

Not possible for a worst decision to be made.

Remove this Banner Ad

****ing umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back