Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Was hoping it was nothing serious for Juddy as he passed the structural tests on the bench

giphy.gif

Whoever put him back out there, whether they knew it was an ACL or not, should be sacked. Total mismanagement.
Come on mate. They performed the tests on him and he passed them and Clarke himself has a say in whether he feels right to go.

Come on mate. They performed the tests on him and he passed them and Clarke himself has a say in whether he feels right to go.
what a load of rubbish he came out all strapped up like a wounded soldier. It was incompetence of the highest order.

His knee was strapped so obviously there was some issue. Shouldn't have gone back out.
Yes he was strapped up, but as I said he had passed the tests they do to determine if the ACL has been damaged and unfortunately clubs don't have access to MRI/X-Ray like they do in the NFL to allow them to accurately diagnose injuries like this. It's unfortunate that it's ended up as an actual ACL, but to suggest the club deliberately mismanaged him and put him at risk is wrong IMO.

Yes he was strapped up, but as I said he had passed the tests they do to determine if the ACL has been damaged and unfortunately clubs don't have access to MRI/X-Ray like they do in the NFL to allow them to accurately diagnose injuries like this. It's unfortunate that it's ended up as an actual ACL, but to suggest the club deliberately mismanaged him and put him at risk is wrong IMO.
I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it was incompetent. Shouldn't have been risked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think it was intentional, but the process was wrong. An injury to the knee in a VFL game, should be treated with upmost caution and not risked, especially when there was significent enough concerns to add a hefty amount of strapping

You are misunderstanding the meaning of the words INTENTIONAL V INCOMPETENCE.

Why would they risk making him worse for a fuppin VFL match though? That's a very bad judgement call there. We are not taking about Bachar's calf in the 2020 GF.

We are becoming a second rate club. Who the ****s sends out a suspected acl to complete the job?

We’ve seriously coasted along drinking our own bath water lately. It’s time for a clean out as the exceptional talent has left and we’ve just hired the next in line. Same with our assistant coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it was incompetent. Shouldn't have been risked.
Not many players will sit out when they are medically cleared to return to the game. Dow last week is a perfect example, tweaked the ankle pretty good and everyone thought he was done, got re-strapped and given the all clear to return and played ok until subbed out.

I was at the ground and saw a lot of what the broadcast didn't show with regards to his injury. Clarke hurt the knee got checked out and was given the all clear, went back out after half time with no strapping and tweaked it again and was pointing to the outside of his knee, which had me thinking it may have been a slight meniscus issue as normally when it's an ACL, they usually grab the whole knee. He then went to the rooms and got it strapped up and returned to the field again after being given a bit of a test regarding his movement before heading out and he was running around fine once he went back out, it was only when he planted the leg to kick that his knee completely gave way. It's unfortunate rather than incompetence.

Why would they risk making him worse for a fuppin VFL match though? That's a very bad judgement call there. We are not taking about Bachar's calf in the 2020 GF.
Clarke is a fringe player trying to force his way back into the senior side, he passed all the tests as to whether there was a serious issue with his knee and is declared right to go. So he heads back out and unfortunately ends up with an ACL injury. I know many like to pile on the club at the moment regarding the injury crisis, but it's seriously concerning that people are starting to believe that the club is intentionally putting players at risk.

Not many players will sit out when they are medically cleared to return to the game. Dow last week is a perfect example, tweaked the ankle pretty good and everyone thought he was done, got re-strapped and given the all clear to return and played ok until subbed out.

I was at the ground and saw a lot of what the broadcast didn't show with regards to his injury. Clarke hurt the knee got checked out and was given the all clear, went back out after half time with no strapping and tweaked it again and was pointing to the outside of his knee, which had me thinking it may have been a slight meniscus issue as normally when it's an ACL, they usually grab the whole knee. He then went to the rooms and got it strapped up and returned to the field again after being given a bit of a test regarding his movement before heading out and he was running around fine once he went back out, it was only when he planted the leg to kick that his knee completely gave way. It's unfortunate rather than incompetence.

That’s even more proof that they’ve bungled this, they sent him back out TWICE!!!

Absolute disgrace.

All the more reason to make the decision for them. Absolutely ludicrous he was sent back out after having complicaitons TWICE during the game.

Don't think it was intentional, but the process was wrong. An injury to the knee in a VFL game, should be treated with upmost caution and not risked, especially when there was significent enough concerns to add a hefty amount of strapping
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but they do the tests, Clarke passes them and is a fringe player trying to work his way back to the senior side. If he sat out and there was nothing wrong with him, then people would be questioning why he wasn't playing when right to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back