Disco Clarky

Senior List
Aug 3, 2004
Brunswick
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Essendon
These are the changes that I think should be made this week.

Ins: Stanton, Rioli, Allan (if fit), Watson

Outs: Alvey, NLM, Cartlidge, Cupido

Dont think Lloyd will play definately should take at least 1 more.

Disco Clarky said:
These are the changes that I think should be made this week.

Ins: Stanton, Rioli, Allan (if fit), Watson

Outs: Alvey, NLM, Cartlidge, Cupido

Dont think Lloyd will play definately should take at least 1 more.

IN Dyson
OUT Henneman
Give Andrew Lovett a go i place of his cus

I think hennemen should stay in simply because of that tackle he did midway through the 3rd where he pulled some carlton player clean off his feet with one arm

I don't think Cupido has been that bad. He still makes some ordinary mistakes but with the footy he missed last year, he really needs the ground time. Damian Cupido will not find form in the seconds. He will benifit from the inclusions of Lloyd and Rioli.

In - Lovett, Allan (or Laycock), Lloyd
Out - Cartledge, Alvey, Lovett-Murray.

Longy413 said:
In - Lovett, Allan (or Laycock), Lloyd
Out - Cartledge, Alvey, Lovett-Murray.

Perfect. Henno must stay in. He played a good quarter in the first game, three decent quarters on Friday. Getting better and better, and with the total absence of uninjured ruckmen in our side, we need him.

nonchalance said:
Perfect. Henno must stay in. He played a good quarter in the first game, three decent quarters on Friday. Getting better and better, and with the total absence of uninjured ruckmen in our side, we need him.

Agree.
Holland and Sewell will probably come out for them, with two of Lewis/Ries and Roughead/Dixon to come in. I'm tipping probably Lewis and Dixon. Giving us something like -

B: Ladson Hay Thurgood
Lovett Lloyd Cupido

HB: Smith Croad Beaumont
Solomon Lucas M.Johnson

C: Bateman Crawford Vandenberg
McPhee Peverill Murphy

HF: Dixon Franklin Brown
Hird Bradley Welsh

F: Jacobs Barker Williams
Fletcher Zantuck Ramanuskas

R: Everitt Hodge Mitchell
Allan J.Johnson McVeigh

Int: Taylor Lonie Miller Clarke
Monfries Winderlich Bolton Henneman

IN: Dyson, Allan, Rioli
Out: Cartledge, Lovett-Murray, Alvey.

Henno's been fairly good thus far, no reason at all to drop him.

nonchalance said:
Nice work, Longy - but Murphy on Vandenburg?
Murphy won't worry him enough.

Play McPhee or Solly on him. Or even MJ.

Vandenberg will be too worried about wanting to start a fight to hurt us with the footy.

Murphy will hurt him running forward. If Vandenberg gets sucked into the contest to often and blokes like Jason Johnson, Pev, Hird, Solly, McPhee etc can win there share of the footy, Murph will be very damaging. We don't want Murphy to worry Vandenberg, the second we go out there trying to knock is head off is the second we lose the game.

Longy413 said:
B: Ladson Hay Thurgood
Lovett Lloyd Cupido

HB: Smith Croad Beaumont
Solomon Lucas M.Johnson

C: Bateman Crawford Vandenberg
McPhee Peverill Murphy

HF: Dixon Franklin Brown
Hird Bradley Welsh

F: Jacobs Barker Williams
Fletcher Zantuck Ramanuskas

R: Everitt Hodge Mitchell
Allan J.Johnson McVeigh

Int: Taylor Lonie Miller Clarke
Monfries Winderlich Bolton Henneman

Giving us a rough idea looking at that, if we can't win on Sunday... there is going to be trouble at Essendon left, right and center. We look about a 10-11 goal better side on paper... but as we all know, games arn't won on paper and the Hawks would consider themselves a genuine show this weekend.

IN:

Laycock - We need an extra ruckmen and with doubts over the condition of Allan's knee we may have to gamble on playing Laycock. He can hold his own in the centre square and is a genuine marking target up forward.

Lovett - He is a genuine crumber who can have spells in the middle. He may just be the spark we have lacked since Boris retired. He can kick a miracle goal and open up a game with his pace. He fills a need much more than his cousin does so this would be a straight swap.

Nash/Dyson/Stanton - One of these kids needs to come in. They provide run and goal kicking ability. If you are only going to play somebody for 30 or 40 minutes it might as well be somebody who can run and use some pace when the sting is out of the game.

OUT:

Lovett-Murray - Im not sure he has found his position in senior football. Up forward he bobs up occasionally and in defense he can provide run but looks lost in marking contests when any physical contact is initiated. He seems to be another tweener who is a better VFL player than AFL.

Alvey - Just starting to get back to full fitness after a fullyear of footy back from a knee reco but is a shell of a player that he was at the dogs. He needs a month of solid footy in the VFL. Play him for the whole game on ball. These short cameos off the bench in the senior side will do him no good at all

Henneman - He made one good tackle last week and did his best in the ruck but the fact is he has played one good quarter in two weeks. His ruckwork is poor. It is one thing to get you hands to it and its another to make an effective tap. French gave carlton an armchair ride last week and we got spanked 20-8 out of the middle. His lateral agility makes him a liability in defense and the inclusion of Laycock means he is not required up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see nash get a game! As i havent seen him play but i have heard alot of good things about him.

also Winderlich might be in danger of being omitted for the game against Hawthorn after his quite game against carlton. Which i hope his not his got the pace we need in the middle but just doesnt get the game time :( .

I doubt Lloyd will play. Scotty did too good a job to rush Lloydy back if he's not ready. Give him another week.

Did I hear Sheeds correctly that Hird will finish his career in the backline?? :eek:

Id say for us

In: Lewis, Taylor, Dixon
Out: Sewell, Lonie and Holland(Injured)

We should win majority of the clearences with the Mitchell/Spida combo, but that forward line is always going to look sketchy until Franklin starts to dominate ;)
By the way, i saw Rioli the other day on the Tv, my god, he looked fatter than Ever, is this true? :eek:

Sports Capital said:
IN: Dyson, Allan, Rioli
Out: Cartledge, Lovett-Murray, Alvey.

Henno's been fairly good thus far, no reason at all to drop him.

Allen is still at least a week off, so therefore Cartledge must play, u can't leave it to Hackerman to hold up the ruck against Everitt. Agree Dyson should be included for Alvey or Lovett-Murray. Should also give either Teddy or Joely Reynolds another senior game to see how they have improved over the preseason...

Assuming that Lloyd, Allan and Laycock will all miss.

B: Zantuck Fletcher Welsh
HB: McPhee Bradley Solomon
C: McVeigh JJohnson Ramanauskas
HF: Murphy Lucas Bolton
F: MJohnson Henneman Cupido
R: Cartledge Hird Peverill

I/C: Rioli Lovett Winderlich Monfries

EM: Dyson Watson Richards

IN: Lovett, Rioli
OUT: Lovett-Murray, Alvey

Disco Clarky said:
Just heard that Rioli probably wont play. In that case Id probably give Cupido one more crack.

Agreed, although Cupido hasn't stared, he's done ok off half forward in the past 2 matches. He's got a bit of the ball which is a good sign. Last year you couldn't pay him to touch the footy. As long as he's getting some possession, i feel it won't be too long before he starts contributing on the scoreboard.

I think this is a good match to blood Thomas. With MJ doing well in the forward pocket (he's still chewing his gum like a rockstar moron) it would be a good chance to see McVeigh get a good spell in the middle rather than pinch hit. Thommo would be a good replacement seeing the Hawks don't have an explosive Davey type player a McVeigh would generally stand.

Allan won't play til round 4. Injury list has him at two weeks. Laycock was running fine at training, sprinted, changed directions, no problem at all. Think he'll line up. Lloyd says he'll play, marked strongly with both arms at training without any guard. Improvement from the week before where he avoided using his bad arm.
Henneman should stay in. Has showed something in the ruck and up forward, and although he was clearly betean there by French he has gven us some service there. Needs to be another tall in the team.
Lovett should come in. Is better than NatRat and can provide run through the centre also. Kids play is explosive and will be an excellent addition to our team.
I wanted to drop Cupes, Murphs and Rama...but that won't be likely. Assuming Hird plays in the backline once again - which will be more than likely according to Sheeds, it frees Solly to go up forward as well as MJ.
Alvey doesn't get much game time, and therefore doesn't get a chance to show what he's capable of. This guy was the bulldogs up and coming midfielder, leader of their disposals. Give him some more time, he's always on the bench then taken off after five minutes for him to get into the action.

Think as a major forward Cupido needs to kick 2-3

I hope to see this team line-up

B:Thomas Fletcher Zantuck
HB:Welsh Bradley Solomon
C:McPhee McVeigh Stanton
HF:Hird Lucas Rioli
F:MJ Lloyd Lovett
R:Laycock Pev JJ
I/C: Henneman Bolton Licha Monfries
E:Nash Slattery Cupido

The likely line-up will be
B:Welsh Fletcher Zantuck
HB:Hird Bradley McPhee
C:Rama McVeigh Murphy
HF:Solomon Henneman Monfries
F:MJ Lucas Cupido
R:Laycock Pev JJ
I/C: Cartledge, Stanton, Lovett, Licha
E:Alvey Thomas Richards

or something of the sort. If Lloyd plays, Carts out, Henneman to the ruck and Lucas to CHF

Kepler and Franklin would be a good match, though as their main forward, I think Kepler lacks speed there. Fletch can take him, to be on the safe side, and Kepler can be the loose man down back. Williams and Zantuck should be a good match up :D

Hyanes and Dyson would have to be up for a recall this week wouldn't they??

I think Haynes kicked 5 goals in the VFL and Dyson was BOG..

Channel 10 seemed to be indicating that Lloyd and Rioli are certain starters whilst Laycock is only in the consideration stage.

With that in mind:

B: Welsh Fletcher Zantuck
HB: Solomon Bradley McPhee
C: Murphy Rioli Bolton
HF: Hird Lucas M. Johnson
F: Lovett Lloyd Henneman
R: Cartledge J. Johnson Peverill
Int: Monfries, McVeigh, Cupido, Ramanauskas
Emerg: Winderlich, Laycock, Lovett-Murray

Ins: Lloyd, Rioli, Lovett
Outs: Lovett-Murray, Alvey, Winderlich

Remove this Banner Ad