Autopsy Insipid Dogs flogged by Hawks - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

The ruck situation has been a joke for years now.

English is not a ruckman. He's a tall utility that is forced to play a ruckman because Bevo does not like genuine ruckmen.

Bevo will always refuse to play a ruckman unless they're flexible enough to play every position on the ground.

Roughhead, Campbell, Trengove were all let go for next to nothing and now we are crying out for someone to play number one ruck.

It's so frustrating how much time we've wasted trying to play English as a number one ruck where his only improvements have been forward craft and marking behind the ball.

We've wasted the careers of Bont, Macrae, Hunter and Libba because we couldn't find an AFL standard ruck.

I'm guessing that by the age of 24 (he just had his birthday) Luke and the crew were hoping that English would have lived up to his potential.

Or Bev is continuing to be a stubborn mule.

We desperately need a ruck for next year, even if he comes from the WAFL or SANFL or Hampden league

I feel as flat as the Doggies today.
However , when you have endured the mental grief of the dark 70's and 80's , have faith and enjoy the ride. Today excluded.
Chrs Stephen

That was a pathetic performance. Kudos to the Hawks. They deserved the win (which is me being captain obvious).

I’m not even going to waste any more of my time discussing that effort. They don’t deserve it.

Checking out for the week. See you next week.

Hope our boys make a stand soon as the season is disappearing before our eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a good thing we've banked lots of wins early. Because we are currently staggering to the line with all the control of Patrick Tiernan.

We were always going to reach a tipping point where our paper thin stocks of quality talls was going to be exposed. We reached that point last week and fell over the other side completely today when we watched our side get out marked and outworked with monotonous regularity. As of right now, I see no turning of a listless ship that has two effective talls surrounded by a fleet of mids who jump overboard whenever consistent applied pressure is brought to bear by their opponents. Unfortunately we currently have no option but to bring them straight into the side, but having so many underdone players returning from injury or being ineffective since concussion layoffs is just murdering a side that relies so much on its mids to do the heavy lifting.

As an aside. Anybody else laugh after seeing Jack Macrae taking a multiple ruck contests half-way through the last?

It was Frontal Cortex, 4d level stuff that could be the solution to our insipid centre square issues. Lets face it, he couldn't be much worse than a clearly out of sorts and bereft of confidence Tim English is right now.

Last edited:
Those more astute than me might be able to answer this but why in earth foes Tim get beaten so badly? Surely his height alone would ensure he can outreach a lot of ruck men?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn’t realise people didn’t know this but Sweet is even worse in the ruck then Tim by a fair margin.
we simply have no AFL standard ruck right now

Physically he’s not and right now that’s what we need.

If we play a ruck combo of Sweet and English (with Martin out) and we get smashed in the ruck I can live with that. At least its on the list management team to get us better depth.

But this continuation of one ruck (and lets be honest English is just a 205cm Blicavs and not a ruck) and we continue to get murdered by rucks who wouldn't even be considered top 6 in the comp is a glaring problem.

At least in 2016 bevo went with a combo of Roughead/Boyd/Campbell for nearly every game. This is just not working.

No, nice try on behalf of your friend. I did address the point be accusing him of blaming the coach when some of the players he has to work with are more blameworthy.
And why can’t he blame the coach??? You didn’t explain at all. And I have no idea who this guy is but I really hate where people think correcting a spelling mistake somehow proves an argument. It’s pedantic.

Those more astute than me might be able to answer this but why in earth foes Tim get beaten so badly? Surely his height alone would ensure he can outreach a lot of ruck men?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

scared of contact. Doesn’t jump high. And suddenly our midfielders can’t seem to defend it or rove off their ruckman.

And why can’t he blame the coach??? You didn’t explain at all. And I have no idea who this guy is but I really hate where people think correcting a spelling mistake somehow proves an argument. It’s pedantic.
I usually like your posts but you are well out of line here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Insipid Dogs flogged by Hawks - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back