Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

So no discussion on why Dr Evil has donated $75M to Trump...

The world is better place when both of these have less influence on the world.

This is the problem when half of the worlds media moguls, including social media are republicans. We only ever get half the stories because half of the worlds journalists arent interested in investigating let alone speaking about anything that doesnt fit their bosses narrative.

But the reason this in particular isnt really spoken about is that its super obvious. Everyone knows Elon is buying policy, tax cuts and government contracts. He isnt doing it because he likes Trump, he is doing it because Trump is corrupt, can be bought and no doubt he thinks Trump is as stupid like the rest of us do.

How many here are still gobbling up Tucker's garbage?

It's going to be interesting to see if the EU follow up with sanctions and travel bans on him

How many here are still gobbling up Tucker's garbage?

It's going to be interesting to see if the EU follow up with sanctions and travel bans on him

Hopefully this election will spell the end of this type of election interference and disinformation era. Everything we are seeing is purely because of Trump. Once a De Santis or Haley is a candidate we will probably slink back to normal style campaigning. Well thats the hope.

Hopefully this election will spell the end of this type of election interference and disinformation era. Everything we are seeing is purely because of Trump. Once a De Santis or Haley is a candidate we will probably slink back to normal style campaigning. Well thats the hope.
I think the dems need to get win the election and get control of the house and senate and start making some law changes

It's completely absurd some of the shenanigans currently playing out

I think the dems need to get win the election and get control of the house and senate and start making some law changes

It's completely absurd some of the shenanigans currently playing out

This is what leads me to think its loud trolling. No one actually believes the crap that is being said. Even most of MAGA arent that stupid.

There are small clues. Harris out rated Trump on Fox, she out rates him on every TV broadcast she is on which is a heavy indication the american public dont think Trump will be president.

This is what leads me to think its loud trolling. No one actually believes the crap that is being said. Even most of MAGA arent that stupid.

There are small clues. Harris out rated Trump on Fox, she out rates him on every TV broadcast she is on which is a heavy indication the american public dont think Trump will be president.
Good point but re Fox, could be as it was her one off performance only whereas Trump appears all the time

Seriously...

Bicks and Eagleboy2011 , would love to engage in constructive respectful debate here.

Genuinely interested in what most appeals to you about Trump. His policies, character, past performance, “strength” that may possibly be perceived to deter other rogue nations from taking adverse actions that would cause Trumps US to heavily retaliate.

I am open minded, have been a swing voter in Oz at various times, and genuinely trying to get my head around the closeness of the US election (Trump now favourite according to polls)

Appreciate any meaningful response and debate.

Bicks and Eagleboy2011 , would love to engage in constructive respectful debate here.

Genuinely interested in what most appeals to you about Trump. His policies, character, past performance, “strength” that may possibly be perceived to deter other rogue nations from taking adverse actions that would cause Trumps US to heavily retaliate.

I am open minded, have been a swing voter in Oz at various times, and genuinely trying to get my head around the closeness of the US election (Trump now favourite according to polls)

Appreciate any meaningful response and debate.
Are legit polls being claiming trump is now favourite, or are people pointing to Polymarket?

Polymarket, an offshore betting market largely owned by Peter Thiel, JD Vance's backer

Also interesting that 4 accounts have just placed $30M+ bets on trump winning, giving the appearance he's way out in front and the likely winner of the election

Elmo's grubby little hands in amongst it all again too

Screen Shot 2024-10-19 at 6.15.27 am.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you haven't heard of it yet, it's probably worth doing a little research on "Progress 2028"

It's being framed as pro-Harris/Walz and has been sending out false information to democrat voters

It's being run by a pro-trump dark money network. Additionally Elmo has kicked in $100M

Plenty of info has started emerging

Worth a read and listen is you've got a few minutes

And lastly, Judge Chutkan has unsealed the documentary evidence presented by the DOJ in the Jan 6 case

Around 1900 pages of evidence (though highly redacted)

Screen Shot 2024-10-19 at 6.47.43 am.png

This thread is worth a read for clarity on why they've been unsealed and why the unwritten "60 day" rule doesn't apply

Last edited:
Are legit polls being claiming trump is now favourite, or are people pointing to Polymarket?

Polymarket, an offshore betting market largely owned by Peter Thiel, JD Vance's backer

Also interesting that 4 accounts have just placed $30M+ bets on trump winning, giving the appearance he's way out in front and the likely winner of the election

Elmo's grubby little hands in amongst it all again too

View attachment 2147226

Just saw that this morning. I suppose the multi billionaires like Thiel and/or Musk could now well be manipulating betting markets as tens of millions is nothing for them. Still trying to determine how Trump being fave with election odds actually helps him in reality? Perhaps to disenchant Dem voters or encourage Rep to vote respectively?

Massive early polling in Georgia I think I saw 120% higher than previous first day record. Surely that’s not excitement for Trump?

I honestly thought / expected (bloody well hoped), Harris would win the majority of Swing states inc the 3 “blue wall” and at least Nevada and I thought North Carolina with that ***** disgraceful “black Jesus” Governor Robinson also. Like the truest of true believers adelaidecrows that even Florida could possibly be in play a few weeks ago. Just been shocked by recent election odds and hopefully it is manipulation and I am 100% wrong re this issue

Just saw that this morning. I suppose the multi billionaires like Thiel and/or Musk could now well be manipulating betting markets as tens of millions is nothing for them. Still trying to determine how Trump being fave with election odds actually helps him in reality? Perhaps to disenchant Dem voters or encourage Rep to vote respectively?

Massive early polling in Georgia I think I saw 120% higher than previous first day record. Surely that’s not excitement for Trump?

I honestly thought / expected (bloody well hoped), Harris would win the majority of Swing states inc the 3 “blue wall” and at least Nevada and I thought North Carolina with that ***** disgraceful “black Jesus” Governor Robinson also. Like the truest of true believers adelaidecrows that even Florida could possibly be in play a few weeks ago. Just been shocked by recent election odds and hopefully it is manipulation and I am 100% wrong re this issue
I was reading a piece last night on Texas

Texas has been trending consistently towards blue since 2012. It's gone from +17% to +5% in the last election. There's a belief that if there is a large voter turn out in the state that it could flip to blue

From memory Texas has 1 of the lower voter turn outs of all the states, somewhere around 50% (I may be wrong on the %)

It's going to be interesting

Florida has a huge Haitian population that could possibly be offended by trumps "they were eating the cats, they were eating the dogs" xenophobic rants

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back