Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Depressing photo in the Sunday Mail of the Trump Clan

Even if Trump loses this election and eventually Father Time wins the battle, there's a queue of Trumpites ready to carry on. The Trump circus will continue ad infinitum.

It's like being excited because David Warner is finally out of the test team and off our TV screens. Until you realise that he'll now be commentating every match

There is no end

Can wait out Boris or Donald or Dutton but conservative candidates only seem to be getting worse. The issue would solve itself except the left seem adept at finding candidates capable of losing. Breathes even more life into them
The more I research this, and apologies to the Trump supporters here, but I am convinced the election odds being manipulated is masking a relatively easy Democrat victory upcoming next week. As Jenny and adelaidecrows thought a few weeks ago.

Of the circa 10m early votes in swing states slightly more than 55% of votes are women. Record turnouts in so many places shattering by 100-300% previous best days early turnout. Look at people at Trumps crowds and they are bored shitless and/or leaving early. Slightly different with Kamala’s 20,000-30,000 fever pitch stadium performances.

My prediction - I think Harris wins all 3 Blue Wall states and Georgia and North Carolina. Nevada is a little underwhelming for her currently of the 7 swing states and that and perhaps Arizona go to the orange man. The other 5 to Dems who then win easily.

Just my prediction and NOT financial advice haha. I can’t believe she is still paying $2.40 and I just put my 10th bet on her to win but wish I loaded up more on at my first bet in May @ 56-1 (I was expecting Biden to pull out to age)

Go Kamala. The world and your country needs you to win. Huge week upcoming.

I’m not sure it is going to be in the end, everyone knows what Trump represents (seriously, men need to get a good hard look at themselves) however not everyone knew about Harris and I think the energy she is getting at her rallies has resonated. I might well be wrong but think some of the statistical information that is now coming out shows all the momentum is with her.

Seen parts of the Joe Rogan show with Trump - now that is 3 hours of waffling and incoherence.
Agreed on all fronts except now confident Harris wins - easily - despite the odds

MediasTouch networking has done a magnificent job - gosh they are busy pumping out new content every 1-2 hrs and out rating FoxMews I see now for online election viewing

Last edited:
The Washington Post really upsetting the lefties

First time in 36 years the WP hasn't endorsed a candidate.

They know how bad BOTH candidates are...

The Washington Post says it will not endorse a candidate for president​

Publisher William Lewis explained the decision as a return to the newspaper’s roots.

Not just lefties, us moderate conservatives as well. The editorial wrote about how dangerous Trump is and how he is a threat to democracy. It was the owner (Bezos) that blocked the endorsement. For Bezos, billions of dollars of government contracts are at stake, something Trump could kill with the stroke of a pen. It's a little more complex than you make it out to be.

Not just lefties, us moderate conservatives as well. The editorial wrote about how dangerous Trump is and how he is a threat to democracy. It was the owner (Bezos) that blocked the endorsement. For Bezos, billions of dollars of government contracts are at stake, something Trump could kill with the stroke of a pen. It's a little more complex than you make it out to be.

Who would have thought that Mutineer doesn’t do in depth analysis? 🤔🤔🤔

Didn’t multiple editorial staff resign in protest of Bezos overruling here as they wanted to endorse Harris ? Same as the LA Times

The more I research this, and apologies to the Trump supporters here, but I am convinced the election odds being manipulated is masking a relatively easy Democrat victory upcoming next week. As Jenny and adelaidecrows thought a few weeks ago.

Of the circa 10m early votes in swing states slightly more than 55% of votes are women. Record turnouts in so many places shattering by 100-300% previous best days early turnout. Look at people at Trumps crowds and they are bored shitless and/or leaving early. Slightly different with Kamala’s 20,000-30,000 fever pitch stadium performances.

My prediction - I think Harris wins all 3 Blue Wall states and Georgia and North Carolina. Nevada is a little underwhelming for her currently of the 7 swing states and that and perhaps Arizona go to the orange man. The other 5 to Dems who then win easily.

Just my prediction and NOT financial advice haha. I can’t believe she is still paying $2.40 and I just put my 10th bet on her to win but wish I loaded up more on at my first bet in May @ 56-1 (I was expecting Biden to pull out to age)

Go Kamala. The world and your country needs you to win. Huge week upcoming.

US elections are ALL about turnout and women have been the most motivated since Dobbs. Kamala leads with women voters 60/40. You only have to look at the '22 midterms when there was supposed to be a red wave and Democrats were winning seats in places like Kansas.

Trump's biggest new support is among young men and that demographic has always been the softest in terms of turnout. The Republican get out the vote operation has been poor as well.

US elections are ALL about turnout and women have been the most motivated since Dobbs. Kamala leads with women voters 60/40. You only have to look at the '22 midterms when there was supposed to be a red wave and Democrats were winning seats in places like Kansas.

Trump's biggest new support is among young men and that demographic has always been the softest in terms of turnout. The Republican get out the vote operation has been poor as well.
agree 100% thats why I am confident she wins. Women dominating men in voting turnout in swing states. Strong early turnouts in swing states are strong Democrat leaning. I was concerned a few weeks ago but now very confident she wins

who would have thought..

Trump’s Madison Square Garden event begins with crude jokes

Donald Trump is finally getting his Madison Square Garden moment.

With just over a week to go before Election Day, the former president is taking the stage on Sunday (Monday AEDT) at one of the country’s most well-known venues, hosting a hometown rally to deliver his campaign’s closing message against Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris.

Supporters recite the Pledge of Allegiance before Republican presidential nominee former President Donald Trump speaks at a campaign rally at Madison Square Garden. AP

The opening of the rally was a hodgepodge of Trumpism, with an extended clip played from the 1970 film “Patton,” a painting of the American flag with Trump in front of it as “God Bless America” blared from the speakers, and a stand-up routine from comedian Tony Hinchcliffe that was full of lewd jokes, often invoking racist stereotypes of Latinos, Jews and Black people.

“I don’t know if you guys know this, but there’s literally a floating island of garbage in the middle of the ocean right now. I think it’s called Puerto Rico,” said Hinchcliffe, whose joke was immediately flagged by Democrat Kamala Harris’ campaign, which is competing with Trump to win over Puerto Rican communities in Pennsylvania and other swing states.

Several critics ripped Hillary Clinton, the Democrat defeated by Trump eight years ago, for saying Trump on Sunday would be “reenacting” a pro-Nazi event at the Garden in February 1939. One speaker, radio host Sid Rosenberg, used a profanity to denounce the former secretary of state.

“Hey guys, they’re now scrambling and trying to call us Nazis and fascists,” said Alina Habba, one of Trump’s attorneys, who draped a sparkly “MAGA” jacket over the lectern as she spoke. “And you know what they’re claiming, guys? It’s very scary. They’re claiming we’re going to go after them and try and put them in jail. Well, ain’t that rich?”

Didn’t multiple editorial staff resign in protest of Bezos overruling here as they wanted to endorse Harris ? Same as the LA Times
Yes, from both papers. It's a very scary development. Billionaires afraid of Trump. What does that mean for the rest of us? MAGA would cease being a cult and become the law of the land.

Yes, from both papers. It's a very scary development. Billionaires afraid of Trump. What does that mean for the rest of us? MAGA would cease being a cult and become the law of the land.
So we now have censorship, Trump saying he will be a Dictator on day one, a bloodbath upcoming with forced removal of undocumented migrants, Trumps threatening to go after anyone that has interfered in the election (generally meaning Journos, election officials and probably even the opposition party..), admiring some of Hitlers work and wishing his military would be more like Hitlers. All the while trying to cheat thru the previous election and even the current one with Republicans taking over what should be neutral election offices in various states - inc swing states like Georgia with 3 Republican officials now in the electoral office saying they thought 2020 election was rigged and they reserve the right to not endorse the winner on Nov 5th if they “feel” there may be improper election voting. Loving other Dictators and just so much more.

What part of ****** up fascist behaviours do people not understand here. How is this election even close? A smart and decent person with values and a vision vs a corrupt criminal who wants to be a fascist leader. It’s depressing its even close

LOL

Harris has all the advantages of the mainstream lefty media that far outstrips that of the conservative media not to mention all the lefty entertainers and actors etc batting for her but that's still not enough...it goes to the fact that both are absolutely terrible candidates. The best you mob have got is Harris is a better candidate than Trump, even if she isn't as bad as Trump she's still unfit to be the leader of the free world especially in these troubling times ahead.

Both candidates are totally unsuitable for what's ahead IMO. So Harris is less crap than Trump, she's still crap and a blight on the broken American political system

LOL

Harris has all the advantages of the mainstream lefty media that far outstrips that of the conservative media not to mention all the lefty entertainers and actors etc batting for her but that's still not enough...it goes to the fact that both are absolutely terrible candidates. The best you mob have got is Harris is a better candidate than Trump, even if she isn't as bad as Trump she's still unfit to be the leader of the free world especially in these troubling times ahead.

Both candidates are totally unsuitable for what's ahead IMO. So Harris is less crap than Trump, she's still crap and a blight on the broken American political system

Yeh, an Attorney General of what would be the 5th biggest economy in the world (and it is a state) means absolutely nothing. She knows nothing according to you and the MAGA cult.

Why is she unfit to be leader? Common give us all reasons. Convince us.

So we now have censorship, Trump saying he will be a Dictator on day one, a bloodbath upcoming with forced removal of undocumented migrants, Trumps threatening to go after anyone that has interfered in the election (generally meaning Journos, election officials and probably even the opposition party..), admiring some of Hitlers work and wishing his military would be more like Hitlers. All the while trying to cheat thru the previous election and even the current one with Republicans taking over what should be neutral election offices in various states - inc swing states like Georgia with 3 Republican officials now in the electoral office saying they thought 2020 election was rigged and they reserve the right to not endorse the winner on Nov 5th if they “feel” there may be improper election voting. Loving other Dictators and just so much more.

What part of ****** up fascist behaviours do people not understand here. How is this election even close? A smart and decent person with values and a vision vs a corrupt criminal who wants to be a fascist leader. It’s depressing its even close

Because you have a stack of non-college men and rural individuals that just don’t get it - the world has moved on - we are now heading towards the middle of the 21st Century.

What gets me is they actually think that Trump has the solutions - Trump has only one interest - himself!

The Philadelphia Inquirer editorial sums it up perfectly

by The Editorial Board
Published Oct. 25, 2024, 12:41 p.m. ET

Voters face an easy but tectonic choice in the race for the White House.
Will they choose the first woman or the oldest man to be the next president?
Will they choose the prosecutor or the convict?
Will they choose the candidate who supports restoring Roe v. Wade, or the man who bragged about overturning it?
Will they choose the candidate with a tax plan to help the middle class or the one who wants to help the superrich?
Will they choose the candidate who backs a tough bipartisan immigration law or the guy who killed the measure?
Will they choose the candidate who wants to combat climate change or the one who thinks it is a hoax?
Will they choose the candidate who upholds the peaceful transfer of power or the one who summoned a violent mob to attack the U.S. Capitol?
Will they choose the candidate who stands up to Vladimir Putin or the one who said Russia could do “whatever the hell they want”?
Will they choose the candidate who champions education, health care for all, and sensible gun safety laws, or the person who wants to close the U.S. Department of Education, repeal Obamacare, and told supporters after a school shooting to “get over it”?
Will they choose the candidate who supports the working class or the one who is anti-union and opposed raising the minimum wage?
Will they choose a woman of color who wants to unite the country, or a man with a history of misogynistic, racist, and divisive comments and actions?
Will they choose the candidate who supports LGBTQ rights or the one who wants to roll back protections for the gay community?
Will they choose the candidate who will uphold the presidential oath, or the one who was impeached twice for high crimes and misdemeanors, profited from the White House, dangled pardons to cronies, and was indicted four times?
This baker’s dozen list could go on, but the choice is clear and obvious. Vice President Kamala Harris wants to help all Americans.
Donald Trump wants to help himself.

That is why The Inquirer endorses Kamala Devi Harris to be the 47th president of the United States.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah sums up the election coverage perfectly. They are afraid of a Maga backlash hurting his profits if they endorse Harris. Don't get me wrong, I think endorsements are stupid. If you are a voter that only votes one way because you see something or someone you like endorse that candidate then you are voting that way for the wrong reasons.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

LOL

But why is she a terrible candidate? why is she unfit for office? You dont explain yourself. At least Trump bashers provide HUNDREDS of examples of why he isnt fit for office. What is your list of grievances with Harris?

From Lawyer to AG to Senator over decades, many have pointed out she is potentially the most qualified person to ever run POTUS.

I feel sad for all the Adelaide Crows lwnj on this thread need to hang their heads in shame. You have massively been beaten to 1000 deranged posts by a troll from Port Adelaide.
In fairness she probably leads the post count on all other TDS threads on BF. :D :D

1730072415071.png
Embarrassed Shame GIF

Because you have a stack of non-college men and rural individuals that just don’t get it - the world has moved on - we are now heading towards the middle of the 21st Century.

What gets me is they actually think that Trump has the solutions - Trump has only one interest - himself!
look i understand the rich billionaires voting for Trump out of self interest (tax cuts) but the stupidity of the uneducated chunk (often white males) thinking Trumps policies from tax cuts for the rich (Harris overwhelmingly the bottom 40% of income earners get the highest tax cuts whilst the highest 5% will pay more tax), Obama care and similar will see them much WORSE off under Trump. Why are they so stupid?

I feel sad for all the Adelaide Crows lwnj on this thread need to hang their heads in shame. You have massively been beaten to 1000 deranged posts by a troll from Port Adelaide.
In fairness she probably leads the post count on all other TDS threads on BF. :D :D

View attachment 2152947
Embarrassed Shame GIF
Those are rookie numbers.

MRyuRh3.png

View attachment 2152947
Embarrassed Shame GIF
do you have anything constructive to ACTUALLY SAY besides hiding behind Bicks posts and liking most of them?

use your intellect and try and address the issues here. why is Kamala a bad candidate? Whats good about Trump?

Try actually saying something perhaps

look i understand the rich billionaires voting for Trump out of self interest (tax cuts) but the stupidity of the uneducated chunk (often white males) thinking Trumps policies from tax cuts for the rich (Harris overwhelmingly the bottom 40% of income earners get the highest tax cuts whilst the highest 5% will pay more tax), Obama care and similar will see them much WORSE off under Trump. Why are they so stupid?

You have to remember these people get ALL their news from Fox and Newsmax and policy doesn't come into it.

It's about "owning the libs". The more racist Trump gets, the more misogynistic he gets, the more offensive he gets - they love it. They think the system is rigged and unfair and they want him to tear it down. The more outraged the media gets, the more they love it. It's classic fascist brainwashing.

Mel Brooks said it best many years ago

Yes it's the lefts fault. Not the people voting for the skin crawling buffoons.
They'd die a natural death with some basic competence on the other side.

There will always be easily led far righters, watching Sky. Same as there will always be unemployed tree hugger lefties demanding the end of big business via misspelled placards. I don't blame either group for the woes of the world.

Fortunately, there are (usually) adults in the building to prevent these fringe morons taking charge. But not now.

You have to remember these people get ALL their news from Fox and Newsmax and policy doesn't come into it.

It's about "owning the libs". The more racist Trump gets, the more misogynistic he gets, the more offensive he gets - they love it. They think the system is rigged and unfair and they want him to tear it down. The more outraged the media gets, the more they love it. It's classic fascist brainwashing.

Mel Brooks said it best many years ago

i shouldnt be but just continue to be appalled and disgusted by this shit. just listen to the first moment of this clip with the 'comedian' paying out on various ethnic groups inc Puerto Ricans (PR). Unfortunately for Reps they then show the amt of PR voters in swing states inc 400k+ in PA

Just not very bright...and despicable behaviour over and over. Sickening actually

They'd die a natural death with some basic competence on the other side.

There will always be easily led far righters, watching Sky. Same as there will always be unemployed tree hugger lefties demanding the end of big business via misspelled placards. I don't blame either group for the woes of the world.

Fortunately, there are (usually) adults in the building to prevent these fringe morons taking charge. But not now.
mate, can I ask your issues with Harris? I feel she is a smart, competent and principled person who is fit for office but keen to hear opposing views

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back