International International Rugby League Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by BTige
Poor little pom, stuck out on his own, easy meat?
:confused: ;)

Actually, I thought you were a Richmond supporter here in OZ until a few days ago....

I'm not picking on you. If you look at most of your Thread Titles, we actually agree with you!

BTW, I stood down, not because I thought I was wrong, but to keep the peace. If you were fair dinkum you'd realise this.

Oh OK. I stand corrected!:rolleyes:

So to "keep the peace" you post that Nicko has his hand up my arse and then start a thread that us "pinheads" should be banished to Coventry because we don't agree with you?!? :eek: :confused:

Wow, let's make sure they keep you away from the middle east peace process!

Originally posted by Briedis

Oh OK. I stand corrected!:rolleyes:

So to "keep the peace" you post that Nicko has his hand up my arse and then start a thread that us "pinheads" should be banished to Coventry because we don't agree with you?!? :eek: :confused:

Wow, let's make sure they keep you away from the middle east peace process!

Briedis, I thought I'd got clear of the nicko thing, then you went straight into my next post. Geez, give me some room mate, I'm only human, I do actually feel annoyed at times.

Briedis, I thought I'd got clear of the nicko thing, then you went straight into my next post. Geez, give me some room mate, I'm only human, I do actually feel annoyed at times.

I'm not responsible for your feelings, especially when you post crap like that.

Oh, and although I don't expect special treatment, I do suffer from depression. Maybe I should bear that in mind myself.

I am human and I do care about others.

:confused:

Look, I am sorry if you are upset. I genuinely thought we were debating this topic, although a little heated at times, but generally in good faith.

I get a little annoyed when you call me a pinhead, Nicko's bitch or say stuff like "I'm not your mate". You seem to have taken it a bit far, I'm willing to call a truce and forget the whole thing if you will.

I can and am willing to let bygones be bygones. Just let it be known that although I forgive nicko doesn't mean to say I trust him.

Well, who can you trust these days anyway?;)

I'll trust anyone who is willing to strap on the maroon and white this saturday!:cool:

I look forward to more debates in the future, hopefully we might find something we can agree on. Are you a cricket fan? Perhaps we might agree on that....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll trust anyone who is willing to strap on the maroon and white this saturday!:cool:

I look forward to more debates in the future, hopefully we might find something we can agree on. Are you a cricket fan? Perhaps we might agree on that....

I can don the orange black and white, red and blue, red and white and navy, yellow, grey and white.......sorry, no marroon and white with a bit of blue.

Cricket? Nah............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nephew of a GB RL international of the 1950's, that's all I can claim.

I can don the orange black and white, red and blue, red and white and navy, yellow, grey and white.......sorry, no marroon and white with a bit of blue.

Cricket? Nah............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nephew of a GB RL international of the 1950's, that's all I can claim.

I meant Nicko who is donning the maroon and white this saturday. I didn't think you would!!! ;)

Originally posted by nicko18

every NZ cricketer is a NZ citizen. im assuming this "half the side" you are reffering to is Matthew Sinclair. He was born in Darwin, then moved to NZ at a very young age and is a citizen. when asked by Kerry O'Keefe on At the Wicket, he considers himself very much a kiwi and has a NZ accent. could you please tell us the others that you think refer to themselves as aussies in the NZ cricket team?

I didn't say half the kiwi side is Australian, I said enough Australians to fill half a first class team have moved to New Zealand for the opportunity to play test cricket. They all qualify for New Zealand citizenship, but if a four year residency test existed none of these players would (have) qualified for New Zealand.

Heath Davis (who has played for NZ), Tama Canning (a gun all-rounder who will play ODIs for NZ) Rodney Redman (son of a former NZ test batsman), Lou Vincent, a Sri Lankan-Australian whom I can't remember his name, oh yeah and Matthew Sinclair.

All are individuals who left Australia to play cricket, and they are only the ones I know about.

I went to NZ/SL test a few years ago, I was unimpressed when during an informal practice session the Sri Lankans were "playing" rugby, while the Kiwi's were kicking a soccer ball around.

Managed to catch a day at test cricket this year, the soccer ball has been put away and replaced with a sherrin.

Click on this thread, the more I read, the more everybody is playing nice. WTF is going on?

Will the Manly Sea-Eagles suck because the Northern Eagles blow.

The Melbourne Storm must move to South Queensland for the good of the game, and sooner rather than later.

News Limited have only the games best interest at heart.

What if Bradford were the World Club Champions, and nobody cared.

I can and am willing to let bygones be bygones. Just let it be known that although I forgive nicko doesn't mean to say I trust him.

i dont think you are in a position to be forgiving anyone. take a good hard look at your posts, and think "who starts the verbal slander every single time?"

I'm possibly the only Richmond supporter in Calderdale and a good bloke to know, even if I say so myself.

In fact, I'm a very nice chap once you get to know me.

Honest.
Caring.

and modest by all reports too :rolleyes:

people like you are not tolerated in australian culture, either the poms are very different, are you are a basketcase there too.

cricket... oh yeah. i heard there was talk about the waugh twins making it back in time for the world cup, this coming from mark taylor, hope to high heaven its true, but ill save my cricket talk for the other forums i think ;)

infact i just about follow any sport, except for basketball. been turned off the swimming of late too, must be the overexposure of hackett and thorpe, seems every 2nd ad, their noggans pop up.

lol hows the ad with hacket endorsing that speedstick deoderant... yuk

Re: Guys......

Originally posted by Ms.Storm
BTige is a fantastic guy....
He is fun and informative and can give it back when needed.
He loves his rugby league and I can back him up as being genuine...going by the last couple of years on the net....

So we are all friends, then?:D

at least im prepared to be ms. storm, but you must have missed all his abusive comments, as well as some of the posts he has since deleted. methinks the fact that he supports league is clouding your judgement somewhat.

Originally posted by nicko18

better than the league debacle where they were just allowed to play for a country based upon their grandfather being born there. just face it, rugby league is not, and never will be an international sport

RL is in fact an INTERNATIONAL SPORT and always will be, and it is growing at an ever increasing rate. A league has been re-established in Serbia (they used to play it in Yugoslavia before war and stuff), Lebanon set one up after the World Cup, they have one in the USA (www.amnrl.com), a Kenyan one being set up and the Russian league is really strong with 20,000 juniors. Then there's all the Pacific Island nations and GB, plus Central Asian countries like Tartarstan, Japan plays as well. I'll post up a full list of countries playing league later.

Remove this Banner Ad

International International Rugby League Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back