International Rules 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Somebody asked whats the population of Ireland - the whole island is about 6.4 million - 1.8 million in the north with one million of these having no interest in Gaelic Games and the rest in the republic where Gaelic Games - football and hurling are the biggest sports followed by soccer and Rugby (Union)

That was moi .
A bit of perspective into things .Australia Vs Ireland .
In IR the majority of 20 million people Vs majority of 6.4 people .
In RU the minority of NSW & QLD Vs minority of Ireland .
In RU NZ are favourites because they have a commited population of 4.3 million .

Fletcher's gotta be goalie again. So what if Zac Smith is an experienced soccer goalkeeper as someone suggested. Fletcher is an experienced IR goal keeper and was superb last year. He was also brilliant again this year for Essendon despite being tagged half the time.

God I hope not one single Geelong player is selected to represent.

The whole thing is a waste of time and if I see someone like Varcoe injured this series I will spew up.

Feel the same way. Australia is supposed to be represented by the All-Australian team, therefore no Richmond players should be putting their pre-seasons (or more) at risk.

Fletcher's gotta be goalie again. So what if Zac Smith is an experienced soccer goalkeeper as someone suggested. Fletcher is an experienced IR goal keeper and was superb last year. He was also brilliant again this year for Essendon despite being tagged half the time.

:thumbsu: Agree with this. He basically plays a keeper in AFL as well despite the posts being infinitely high. Still goes for the desperate goal block with his go go gadget arms.

good to see tommy walsh and chris mckaigue be in contention for the irish. the more Australian based players the better as the fitness/competitiveness compnents favor the Australians

walsh has a great second half in 2011 and i have seen mckaigue play in a few NEAFL games down here for the swans reserves and has been getting better game by game.

did walsh play really well in last years series or was that in the all ireland final?

Jake King is currently suspended yet is conscripted to play in this? How seriously is the AFL taking its 'no violence' vow?

Tommy Walsh did not play in the All Ireland Final last year! Marty Clarkes Down beat them in the semi final before losing to Cork in the final.

Any word of which club Marty is supposed to be joining now that he is going back to Aus?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly the comment that kills SOO or any other development of Australian Football .

Don't compare it to SOO, that's the same game and I seriously doubt that many people would consider that "a waste of time".

Don't compare it to SOO, that's the same game and I seriously doubt that many people would consider that "a waste of time".

I would.

The comp itself is now national; SOO is outmoded. I agree wholeheartedly with anyone who doesn't want to see their players injured in a Mickey Mouse game that means nothing. It's tantamount to a player getting injured in a practice match.

I would.

The comp itself is now national; SOO is outmoded. I agree wholeheartedly with anyone who doesn't want to see their players injured in a Mickey Mouse game that means nothing. It's tantamount to a player getting injured in a practice match.

I didn't say that everyone would want it, more that a lot less would be against than are against IR. Personally, I don't like the idea of a player getting injured in a SOO game and missing games for their club. I would only embrace SOO were it played in October like the IR is (couldn't give 2 ****s about the IR no matter when it was played though), when most injuries suffered wouldn't affect a player's season.

Is there anybody with the technical skills to resurect a famous post from October 2002 from the legendary 'Hardyarse' describing 'A Gaelic Football Fan's First Impression of Australian Rules' It's one of the funniest things ever posted and would get this years mud slinging off to a decent start.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51373

That review really is a work of art.

Remove this Banner Ad

International Rules 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back