International Rules 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

What has a maltese person with a chipon his shoulder got to do with anything ?

Totally biazarre . Have you been drinking the haggis through a hooker with the wrong size aperture?

Haggis????:confused:

Malteser.
That answers most questions. Hot headed irrational mediterranean nutsack.

Is the Gooch coming out again to beat the living bejaysus out of us!!??

I can already hear the Aussie players crying: "The Gooch...not the mighty Gooch!!! I won't play this infernal abomination of a game if the all-conquering, man-mountain called the Gooch even enters the country!!!" :eek:

Who? Gotta wonder since the country has become Germany's bitch, can they afford to come over this year?

No we've had trade week

With the season finishing later everything had been so condensed not giving time for any proper attention - it's also why the teams what it is...back to normal next year

Got an email from Freo today promoting $15 tickets for the Melbourne game - any members from other clubs get it? Ticket sales must be slow.

Idiots for not scheduling the game in Perth anyway, they would have filled Subi like they did the other 3 times.

Got an email from Freo today promoting $15 tickets for the Melbourne game - any members from other clubs get it? Ticket sales must be slow.

Idiots for not scheduling the game in Perth anyway, they would have filled Subi like they did the other 3 times.
Got it too through Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silly question i'm sure, but does anyone know where you enter the code on the website to get the $15 tickets?

Does anybody know the broadcast guide ? The AFL website just says "Channel Ten, TBC"

Meant to be Channel 10 but because they are not part of the new rights, they said the Grand Final will the be last game they televise. So I don't think they are televised at all now.

Will be interesting to see what the crowds are? If they didn't sell the $15 tickets I think they would have really struggled, even so I think they will probably only get around 25K to the Docklands and 10-15K at Gold Coast.

Surely Fox Sports or even one of the networks smaller channels - 7Mate, GEM etc could show the game, they could even just similcast the Irish telecast, if they have one.

Better be a fight this series. Best part about IR.

I disagree actually.

The concept is dead and the Australians are to blame. They killed it the year they used it primarily as an excuse to king hit and beat-up Irishmen half their size. Chris Johnson was the primary offender, he embarrassed himself, the league, the code and the country.

It was an ugly, ugly spectacle that a lot of people switched off, and haven’t and won’t switch back on.

Despite any stereotype to the contrary, Australians don’t enjoy cowardly, needless violence, nor an uneven fight.

I unwittingly found myself cheering for the Irish that night, and have spoken to plenty of Aussies who were the same.

Maybe if the physical match-up was even, the spectacle of violence would be appealing.

It’s was already a rubbish concept and that display killed what little durability it had. May there be less than 20k people at Etihad, and it soon be consigned to the sewerage pipes of history. Absolute shite in its purest form.

It always amazes the number of people who have enough interest to post that they don't have a shred of interest.The Irish love it and historically it's been well attended in Australia.

I disagree actually.

The concept is dead and the Australians are to blame. They killed it the year they used it primarily as an excuse to king hit and beat-up Irishmen half their size. Chris Johnson was the primary offender, he embarrassed himself, the league, the code and the country.

It was an ugly, ugly spectacle that a lot of people switched off, and haven’t and won’t switch back on.

Despite any stereotype to the contrary, Australians don’t enjoy cowardly, needless violence, nor an uneven fight.

I unwittingly found myself cheering for the Irish that night, and have spoken to plenty of Aussies who were the same.

Maybe if the physical match-up was even, the spectacle of violence would be appealing.

It’s was already a rubbish concept and that display killed what little durability it had. May there be less than 20k people at Etihad, and it soon be consigned to the sewerage pipes of history. Absolute shite in its purest form.
I really think you need to change your name to Munk Boreland.

saintkildaman is right, most people only tune in to see a fight (which was happening all the time in the series). With the awful team they picked, it might be the only entertainment for the night.

I checked the national census data and, apart from "Australian", the ancestry to which the highest number of Australian residents identify with is Irish at like 1.8 million.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to the second test cos I've never seen it live before and I think, like Aussie rules, it will be much easier to appreciate when you can see the whole field and the strategies, what's off camera etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

International Rules 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back