Game Day Intraclub match!!! Details in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate its as though the club think there man united. Honestly no other club sreamed a practise match
How unfortunate for yourself and fans of other clubs that don't matter.

I thought Adams & De Goey dominated from start to finish. Worked really well together in close as well.
Saw Rendell talking to Grundy after the 2nd period & he played much better in the last. He needed to because he was pretty ordinary before that.
Witts the best big man in the first 2 periods. Darcy looking good & Ramsey & Sinclair looked good as well.
Phillips & Smith did pretty well too.

Why you say that? I barley saw Broomhead Tonight

I say that because he got a lot of it (more than Aish) just because you barely saw him doesn't mean he wasn't involved.

FWIW I thought Aish warmed into it and his performance was solid, but he had two touches in the first period and didn't get as much of it as Broomhead.

You have gone nothing but backwards mate. That will be my last word.
I guess after reaching the top the fall is inevitable. One day you might experience your club reaching thos..... Oh wait you're a Richmond supporter....

Eternally half way top the top is ok too I guess...

Mate its as though the club think there man united. Honestly no other club sreamed a practise match
You still here, don't hang around too long as you might learn something.
Oh I get it you thought Treloar was playing and wanted to see what you missed out on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess after reaching the top the fall is inevitable. One day you might experience your club reaching thos..... Oh wait you're a Richmond supporter....

Eternally half way top the top is ok too I guess...
Got to love Richmond supporters. They have one season where they finish above 9th and they think they are relevant :D

There shouldn't have been a first word. That's the problem. Maybe you should venture off the the Tiggers board and tell your fellow Richmond supporters to lobby the club into getting you a live stream.

I really enjoyed Gault and Aish, only because both have a fair bit of pressure for different reasons.

Gault really is thinking more, his body shape looks great, moves well and most importantly kicks beautifully. His pressure was also not bad, being that I think that was one of his weaknesses. I think he could really slot in, hope he gets a fair go in NAB.

Aish (so laconic) I thought did enough to show he will be worth the pick and money. He will be an in and out type of player early on, I think like Wellingham early in his career and often throughout when the team went south. Once Aish proves his worth and the players continue to use him he will be like the icing on the cake, and really runny yummy icing also. :p

Overall, thought Philips was really good, however as the game wore on his kicking went to Tassie, maybe he was watching another game. (I fogot about Hawthorn and the scum) He probably tired so I shouldn't be to harsh.

Pendlebury is just gold a thousand times gold. If you are playing fantasy, forget Dangerfield, Ablett and the rest, he is just amazing.

Swan, now a barge pole, split packs, run with player, will be urnreal down the fwd line, smash and bash.

Darcy Moore is better than his father if he has a decent run with injuries. To me that is the major worry with him. Everytime he just goes for everything and gets everything. OMG I remember Peter and the gang back then and I was nearly crying, we have an out and out superstar folks. I was just thinking Darcy and Gault are going to be great in the future in our fwd line.

Cloke and White. (cloke has to play upfield, his kicking for goal is just no good really and everything he tries it just doesn't work, so lets do a Matthew Richardson and move him up the bloody ground. White just does what he always does in practice matches, amazing skills, just enough and I really don't know what will happen. I wonder now that his contract is coming to an end, he might just get going.

Grundy was ok but at times he just, I don't know what it is but like he is so exhausted that he hopes the game comes to him. But if we can play two rucks then we are in such a good space.

De Goey, is a Goey. Adams with him also. Kicking ok but like the both boys in the team.

The white team looked like they needed Scott Pendlebury and they would have won, basically the white team had to work hard to get goals, hence I wonder if that is why Varcoe played on the black team also to give the team a bit of class. The black team fwd line looked more mobile and the White team with Cloke needed a better group of crumbers.

Was hoping more out of Marsh, looks big and slow imo. Not dashing like he was, think Hamstrings really concern with speed now. However looks like a director type player and will probably fight it out with Frost.

Saw Broomhead a few times with good thinking skills when passing the ball, got in reasonable position at times. also Sinclair, noticed him but not sure how much. Need to see them both next week.

Greenwood, his ability to kick to a man in any space on the ground is horrible under any pressure. Unless I missed something (I hope I did). Not sure what his role was and to me needs the whole team for Greenwood to make any impressions. Please let me know if I am wrong.

cox can't kick straight hence he will spend the majority in the twos and missed a few marks (however Darcy flew right in front of him for a certain mark). For me, he has to this year, hone his skills. Otherwise just another Casbolt. Sandilands is good with his body work however he doesn't do enough up fwd, if he did Freo would have won a GF. If Cox really improves his effective kicking for goal and White really stuffs up I could see Cox making some sort of Cameo at the end of the season. Especially if we miss the 8 again. Then again not sure White will make it anyway.

Caff saw him often mainly because he wore the hat, defintely a different role, sort of like the 1st handpass to and he moves it on. Moved around in small enough circles to see the knees are ok. Will play all over the ground.

Steele, who I love to death will love to have players running on so he can use his awareness to get the ball to them. He spends more time down the back. Langdon played marking intercept fairly well, love his bun on his head.

Anyway a really good hit out, no injuries that I saw and I loved watching it on internet. I am really crook so this has helped me forget my crap ear, had it drained today and my head feels and looks like Damien Monkhurst after a big night out.

GO PIES

And You are a Total Flog the is Lucky not to get Banned for a Long Time from our Mods.

Yarran is a Hack

You still here, don't hang around too long as you might learn something.
Oh I get it you thought Treloar was playing and wanted to see what you missed out on.
Mate there is a treloar alarm anyway if he gets a mention you blokes find your own way to the board

No other club has Treloar either. #destinationclub
The only thing streaming out of Tigerland is their own cr@p. They are full of it.

De Goey was the second best mid on the field.

Sidebottom I really liked on the ball and felt he was the clear third best mid. He needs to start at more centre bounces.

Moore took some nice grabs and showed that he'll take another strong step forwards again in 2016.

Grundy and Witts both through the ruck looked good and both hit the scoreboard so fingers crossed they can learn to play together.

Swan was wasted up forward and he looks in such good condition too! Just seeing Blair and Macaffer get midfield minutes and Swan be wasted up forward. Very frustrating to have to put up with that. Just such an awful waste of his ability. He can still be a best 10 mid in the game again this year.

Reid down back was mostly clear by foot. Penetration not quite what it was, but still acceptable.

Josh Smith was involved and if he cleans up his footskills can get match. Phillips also showed some signs. Both can play games this year.

Cox had his moments, he can also debut. Wyatt while not as advanced as Cox also showed some hints that he has some talent in his own right but will need this year to develop.

Also noteworthy was Ramsay's footskills which were very good with some nice lace out kicks to target which really caught me off guard. I have him passing Toovey and others by down back with a probably best 22 position (deservedly) looming if he can continue getting it done by foot like that.

Sinclair by foot was pretty reasonable so that's a great sign for his chances if he like Ramsay can keep that up and produce by foot consistently.

Fasolo had his moments up forward. Broomhead looked good when up around the ball at stages. Langdon solid down back and played his game.

Aish was fine without being great. He played like a component of the team and did not star, so I expect his impact to grow through the preseason if he wants to be a regular.

Gault and White both were good up forward but then again the backmen seemly largely uncompetitive.

Transition offense through the first quarter was a positive, with transition defence on the other side of things and defensive running badly lacking.

Toovey/Frost/Brown were relatively among those I was disappointed by.

---------
Also kudos to the club for showing the intra club game on the club website. Big :thumbsu::thumbsu: from me as having a work day tomorrow and not living near the city, it's the only way realistically I could have seen the game.

The thing with Aish for me is that whilst he didn't get a whole lot of the ball, he really stood out when he had it in hand. Only Pendlebury, Fasolo and Moore had that aura about them as well. We know he can be a productive player but this was signs of some seriously good decision making and disposal.

On a side note your early call on Phillips is looking like an accurate one :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Intraclub match!!! Details in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back