Intraclub Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Cousins Stars in Intraclub

Right... enough of the bullshit talking.

Ben Cousins

Was good, fitness is never going to be a concern, he managed to get to every contest and keep up with the pace of the game. Those saying he starred is just flat out dog shit. He wasnt that clean by hand or foot, yes he set up a nice shot on goal early, but his timing looked a bit out.

Matty Richardson

Owned it and he continues to defy age. Absolutely amazed by the shape the big fella is in, playing on a wing and then smashing it in the forward arch. Absolutely made Dean Polo look like a 2nds player for Whittlesea.

Dean Polo

Gone... l'll say it now, he's finished at Richmond. Before you jump down my throat, all l can say is, he is unfit, he is not concentrating and looks totally utterly LOST. Played on Richo for the first 1.5 quarters and gee whiz, didnt get near him. 10 minutes into the first quarter, Richo had run him off his legs. Hands on knees and disillusioned. Gone, finished, ta ta!

Andrew Raines

Have to eat my words on this one... he looked really good. Still needs to learn who to pass the pill to, but got a lot of it, has bulked up even more and showed an enormous amount to offer. Played the first quarter in the backline, then sort of shifted to the forward line, but always amoungst it. (see l can put my hands up when wrong.... good on ya Rainsey)

Jack Reiwoldt

Looks like a kid... absolutely no muslce on him whatsoever. Bit disappointed that he still hasnt managed to fill out. Not expecting him to fill a CHF or FF position, but it looks like you could the poor fella out. As my mate RECORDS says, lucky he is smart and knows how to play the game, because he theres not much of him.

Daniel Jackson

Sorry guys l'm right. Yes, he may have the fitness and the athletic ability, but he hasnt got a brain. Richo continually, continually had to spray him. Has no composure, no understanding of how to move the ball. I'm right.

Shane Edwards

Thought he was a fringe player at the beginning of the day... a walk up start as we speak. Played really well and looks like he has got more than just a burst forwardline player. Did some really good work coming out of the defence and in the guts.

Dean Putt

For a big fella, has some skills about him. Yes a few stray kicks here and there, but looked like he had more time than most 200cm giants.

Robin Nahas

My new cult hero... loved him! Would love to see him jump up onto the senior list and have him flinging around the forward pocket. Could be a missing link... could be a quicker, smaller, Edwards type player that can seem to duck in and out and dominate when the team needs.

Could make a few comments, but that was my take on what l saw.

:thumbsu:

Daniel Jackson

Sorry guys l'm right. Yes, he may have the fitness and the athletic ability, but he hasnt got a brain. Richo continually, continually had to spray him. Has no composure, no understanding of how to move the ball. I'm right.
But but but the time trial and he's cherry ripe at training!!1!ONE! ;)

Shane Edwards

Thought he was a fringe player at the beginning of the day... a walk up start as we speak. Played really well and looks like he has got more than just a burst forwardline player. Did some really good work coming out of the defence and in the guts.

Natural footballer is Shane, really like him. My only concern is his kicking can be off and a he gives passes too much air, how was the technique looking?

Gee Nahas has been getting some good wraps, thats awesome to hear and hopefully we have a goal sneak here with a defensive side.

What can you tell us about Hislop/Thompson/Post and more importantly for mine, Big Tyrone? If it's not too much trouble?

I got there about halfway through the first quarter. Cuz worked his way into it then in the second quarter showed enough to suggest he's still a very, very good player. If he stays off the Uncle Dougs we're laughing all the way to the bank.:thumbsu:

Polly spilled a few marks before Cuz hit him on the chest, as did JON, who played as a lead-up half-forward and didn't stand out in either a good or bad way. Had plenty of friends in that regard IMO. He is quick with a good leap and good hands. Played first half only.

Polly played three quarters and threw himself into it. Didn't shirk anything and got treated like anyone else, so that's a good sign. Thursty wasn't afraid to lay a shepherd on him. Kicked 0.3 from what I saw.

Cogs I thought struggled to get into it. He's lost weight and is about the same build as Polo these days. Didn't do a lot of his renowned clearance work but got a few handball receives and his kicking was typically neat. Still a big question mark unfortunately.

Speaking of Polo, he probably got more of the ball than anyone. Played on Richo to begin with, then went back and touched up Mich Morton, then went onto the ball.

Andy Collins is bigger than I thought, about the same size as Polo too. First time I've seen him play and I was impressed. Reminds of someone in body shape and the way he moves but I can't put my finger on it.

We like Nahas.:thumbsu:

Post will play this year. He's better than Rance. Taller and bigger than Thursfield and once the ball hits his hands it doesn't move. Took one ripper mark in the third quarter and converted, then held his own v Jack in the last.

Speaking of Jack, he probably shaded McGuane in their duel. Kicked 2-3.

Rance I'm not sold on. Doesn't look a key defender and didn't really play as one. More a tall flanker.

Cleve looks like Adonis but still doesn't do enough. Needs to go towards the ball in a marking contest instead of letting it come to him and giving his man a chance to spoil. But he's our FF.

I tell you right now: if Simmo or Patto goes down and we have to play one of Gus, Vickery, Putt or Browne, I'd pick Browne. I predicted he'd show Graham up and he did. In a game for thoroughbreds, Gus is a camel.

Vickery beat Putt in their ruck contests. Putt is more of a forward. He has a long way to go but if and when he clicks, look out. For such a tall bloke he is incredibly nimble. Patto played forward and took a screamer of a contested mark over Jack, Moore and Schulz. And converted.

Raines played the first half off half-back and looked very good. So did Edwards in a similar role. He's put on a bit of weight and is so quick of foot, hand and mind. Like him a lot.

Who else?

I didn't recognise Thomson. If someone else who was there can tell me which team he was on and what number he was I can report, because there were quite a few unrecognisables out there. The dark bloke wearing 18 for the white team - is that the tennis player who's been training with us? I like him. Similar size and build to Rance but quicker and I reckon with plenty of upside.

White turned on the after-burners a couple of times and sliced his way through 4-5 of them, but forgot to bounce it. He's a regular now, no doubts.

King got a lot of it, did his typical 14 changes of direction and scrapped like a terrier. He's a good bloke to have at the club with that attitude and will give his all whenever we need him but I still hope that's not too often.

I didn't notice Hislop much.

Connors came on in the second half and kicked a nice goal.

Lids is a Ferrarri. Needs a slight tune-up or to get on the autobahn and blow out the kinks at 280kmh. But we love him.

That's about all worth mentioning. The usual suspects did what you'd expect. Foley might be in for a big year. Johnson didn't play but addressed the black team at 3/4 time, as Petts did with the white. They might have done it at every break but that's the only one I went to. Brown didn't play. Tambling didn't play. Gililigan is clever, slippery and keeps his feet but didn't do a lot. Nahas well ahead at this stage.

Ratten, Fev and Skinny Lappin were watching. Fev is huge across the shoulders and chest. I mean massive.

Speaking of massive, Damien Monkhorst looks like he eats rovers for breakfast. He was tutoring Putt at 3/4 time and made him look like a skinny kid. Putt is starting to develop arms but Monky's hands, arms, thickness dwarfed him.

Any questions, fire away.

I saw the last 3 quarters. Few players especially in the second half i didn't recognise,apparently Coburg players.
Think most people have got it right with their assessments. Several thoughts are :
Jake King. He was everywhere. Thought he played well. He runs and runs,disposal was ok.
Graham Polak. Was staggered how much he put himself in the game. Looked reasonably good, took a couple of good marks.Couldn't beleive he played.
Deledio. Great mark in the goal square
Cuz. You can see the class and pace that he has got. If he improves on that we did well getting him. Very impressive the way he moves.
Axel. Very busy.
Post. Liked him. For a newcomer he moved pretty well. I can see why they drafted him.
Tuck. Knocked up getting the ball. He'll be tired tonight.
Jack. Did some good things. I think we'll see improvement again this year.
Putt. He looked alright. Obviously a way to go, but again, the potential is there.
Gilligan. Very elusive and quick. One great piece of work in the third qtr in the forward line, Krakeour-like.
Nahas. Took a great grab under pressure (I'm sure it was him) in the pocket.
Cleve. Kicks well. Seemed to attack the ball more as the game went on. You would think he is a big confidence player.
Vickery and Browne. I'm assuming that Browne was the big dude with red
coloured hair. Both look like they move ok. To early to tell but seemed mobile enough.
Jackson. Had a heap of kicks. I though he was pretty reasonable.

Couple of questions. Who was 31 for yellow and black? And number 3 for the other side? What number was Thomson?

Adam Thomson for that guy who wanted to know was 31 for the White team. Did alot of tough things and all signs would suggest he's a brute of a player. I liked him.

Make no mistake, he will star. You just need to play him.

mind my spelling and grammer.

was at the whole game.

Richo - another huge year for him looked very good in the first quarter

nathan brown looked very shape and quick - big year

hughes got into the game 3rd and 4th quarters played really well and took some nice marks

rains looks back to his best, taking on players with confidence.

deledio is set for a big 1 also looks very good took a screamer over a pack of 4 blokes.

COUSINS - got better as the game went on, started like he needed a grease up but his disposal and clean hands made him stand out, second half he put the afterburners on and looked like his brownlow days.

give this bloke another 3 or 4 hitouts and he will be ready to rumble.

Alroy Gilligan - reminded me to rioli the way this kid moves, one point he took on 5 players dished it off got it back and kicked a nice goal looks good.

foley - same old self, ran hard all game and disposal was very clean looks good to go.

polak was quiet early but then got stuck into it. went in hard and looks to be coming on good.

daniel jackson - did some nice things, looks very fit and ran hard

dean polo stood out for me did everything well and ran hard all game.

coughlan didnt even notice him playing to be honest long way to go

matty white was solid and ran the lines hard looks good also

posty is gonna be our next richo without a doubt strong hands works hard and ticked all the boxes

as for the rest - the usual

still a very long way to go but signs are good and no injures to date from the game either which was a good thing.

forgot to mention the blondi nexto me was a stand out too :p

i thought cuz only played the first half?? Sure you weren't looking at him put the after burners on while driving back to punt road??

A few points....

ISpeaking of Polo, he probably got more of the ball than anyone. Played on Richo to begin with, then went back and touched up Mich Morton, then went onto the ball.

Disagree... tired of people making excuses for him - me being one of those people. Unfit and lazy.

We like Nahas.:thumbsu:

Couldnt agree more! :thumbsu:

Post will play this year. He's better than Rance. Taller and bigger than Thursfield and once the ball hits his hands it doesn't move. Took one ripper mark in the third quarter and converted, then held his own v Jack in the last.

Again, l agree.... but reckon he may play more forward than back. Such clean hands. Took a fantastic pack mark from a dodgy kick in the 2nd quarter l think.

I tell you right now: if Simmo or Patto goes down and we have to play one of Gus, Vickery, Putt or Browne, I'd pick Browne. I predicted he'd show Graham up and he did. In a game for thoroughbreds, Gus is a camel.

Agree, our big men stocks look better than ever. I like Putt and Browne is a ****ing monster!

Brown didn't play.

Brown did play and still has that element of class. Makes everything around him quite pedestrian. Not a stand out, but a couple of neat things.

[/QUOTE]

Although I'm extremely jealous to see Cuz playing someone else it's good to see he's coming along well. But the more exciting news for me was to see that Polak was out on the field. I thought he was a long way off coming back into heavy training? Lucky boy!

The dark bloke wearing 18 for the white team - is that the tennis player who's been training with us? I like him. Similar size and build to Rance but quicker and I reckon with plenty of upside.

Coburg players #11, #18, #35

Hey guys does anybody know who number 3 was for the white team??
he looked super impressive!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

3. Matt Deledio (Lid's brother)

Full list at http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=8458.msg126734#msg126734

Ben Cousins

Was good, fitness is never going to be a concern, he managed to get to every contest and keep up with the pace of the game. Those saying he starred is just flat out dog shit. He wasnt that clean by hand or foot, yes he set up a nice shot on goal early, but his timing looked a bit out.

Matty Richardson

Owned it and he continues to defy age. Absolutely amazed by the shape the big fella is in, playing on a wing and then smashing it in the forward arch. Absolutely made Dean Polo look like a 2nds player for Whittlesea.

Dean Polo

Gone... l'll say it now, he's finished at Richmond. Before you jump down my throat, all l can say is, he is unfit, he is not concentrating and looks totally utterly LOST. Played on Richo for the first 1.5 quarters and gee whiz, didnt get near him. 10 minutes into the first quarter, Richo had run him off his legs. Hands on knees and disillusioned. Gone, finished, ta ta!

Andrew Raines

Have to eat my words on this one... he looked really good. Still needs to learn who to pass the pill to, but got a lot of it, has bulked up even more and showed an enormous amount to offer. Played the first quarter in the backline, then sort of shifted to the forward line, but always amoungst it. (see l can put my hands up when wrong.... good on ya Rainsey)

Jack Reiwoldt

Looks like a kid... absolutely no muslce on him whatsoever. Bit disappointed that he still hasnt managed to fill out. Not expecting him to fill a CHF or FF position, but it looks like you could the poor fella out. As my mate RECORDS says, lucky he is smart and knows how to play the game, because he theres not much of him.

Daniel Jackson

Shane Edwards

Dean Putt

For a big fella, has some skills about him. Yes a few stray kicks here and there, but looked like he had more time than most 200cm giants.

Robin Nahas

My new cult hero... loved him! Would love to see him jump up onto the senior list and have him flinging around the forward pocket. Could be a missing link... could be a quicker, smaller, Edwards type player that can seem to duck in and out and dominate when the team needs.

Could make a few comments, but that was my take on what l saw.

I left out a couple. Shane Edwards was very impressive. Lots of pace, good skills.
Don't quite agree about Cuz. He didn't dominate but you could see the talent. One particular burst in the second qtr showed how explosive and damaging he could be.
Rainesy was good. I've always liked him as a footballer. Has got the same poise as his old man.
I thought Polo was alright. Admittedly, I didn't see the first qtr when he was on Richo, but he got a bit of it when I was there and ran pretty well.
Also Morton did a few nice things. No-one has mentioned him.

In fact, that was one thing that impressed me, the amount of run we showed. Both teams. And the handballing and disposal under pressure even by the new blokes was good especially this early in the season.
Something Geelong is very good at.
Looking at that game, you would be optimistic for this year. Lots and lots of depth, our possible weakness would be key forwards, Jack and Cleve, while going ok, must continue to improve for the Tigers to really threaten this year.

Originally Posted by Wally Matera

Ben Cousins

Matty Richardson

Dean Polo

Andrew Raines

Jack Reiwoldt

Daniel Jackson

Shane Edwards

Dean Putt

Robin Nahas

What a great summary.

I couldn't have put ti any better myself. I have been a Polo potter for ages but am staggered at the level of suport he gets on here. I tooo thought he was embarassing and oh sooooooooo slooooooooooow!
He is suffering from the Rory hilton syndrome..too small for key position too slow for the flank, so where do you play him?

slow with no work ethic is a bad combination.

Raines, edwards and nahas were the standouts for mine

Pictures . . .

0,,6473134,00.jpg

0,,6473133,00.jpg

0,,6473137,00.jpg

More at http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gallery/0,22010,5037305-19894,00.html#

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that is absolute BS dude. Whats with the cant add more shit? What about after you buy the fridge, or what happens if you dont buy one, what are you going to do around 7 and so on.
;)

Cogga, you'll be happy to hear that I got my fridge. The wife was with me and we finished up paying way too much for something that looks great but can't hold more than four litres of milk and a dozen eggs. Still, if I want to keep having sex ...

About the only other thing I would have added, which everyone else has done anyway, is Nahas - a real man's Aaron Davey.

And Post - hopefully they'll use him as a forward - could be a very handy man to have.

Can't say anything more, I've got to pick up the kids from school (except to apologise to Aaron Davey, a very handy player).

I was standing on the wing side down near the bench so saw quite a bit of cousins plays he looked to me to be only going at about half pace and was still carving it up he has that great ability to stand out of the way but still get to every contest. I got very excited watching him play

Nahas was really impressive has great defencive skills to go with his goal kicking ability I really liked him he will make our best 22 you can count on it

Number 18 had a great passage were he layed 4 tackles caused a spill gathered the ball and set up a play going forward very impressive, no idea who he was though.

Saw Vickery lay a nice tackle on someone, his highlight reel from his junior years shows him laying big tackles on players so good to see he has this side to his game. Hes a big guy and when he fills out will be a great player for us.

Foley was brilliant as usual, Raines looked good, Richo is a legend,

Tambling didnt play because of the aboriginal all stars game i heard a trainer say

The players i was most happy with was Polo, Putt and Polak. What the hell is Wally Matera on about? Polo was very good in the last 3 quarters. He played on Richo in the 1st quarter, which isn't a good match up. Richo is alot taller. Polo is a quality midfielder who wins most one on ones. Polak moved well and took some knocks. He dropped a couple of contested marking chances, but he looks the goods and got into position well. Putt looked pretty good up forward :thumbsu:

The players i was most happy with was Polo, Putt and Polak. What the hell is Wally Matera on about? Polo was very good in the last 3 quarters. He played on Richo in the 1st quarter, which isn't a good match up. Richo is alot taller. Polo is a quality midfielder who wins most one on ones. Polak moved well and took some knocks. He dropped a couple of contested marking chances, but he looks the goods and got into position well. Putt looked pretty good up forward :thumbsu:

When you have a bloke that is blowing trumpets 10 MINUTES INTO a game because a 34 year old has out run him. Hands on knees and kneeling over. 10 minutes into the GAME!

Unfit and lazy. Got dragged off Richo, not because he couldnt contest in the air, but because HE COULDNT CATCH HIM.

****ing lazy... learn to look at more of the game Tug FEST

When you have a bloke that is blowing trumpets 10 MINUTES INTO a game because a 34 year old has out run him. Hands on knees and kneeling over. 10 minutes into the GAME!

Unfit and lazy. Got dragged off Richo, not because he couldnt contest in the air, but because HE COULDNT CATCH HIM.

****ing lazy... learn to look at more of the game Tug FEST

Richo tends to beat every player in the league from the wing. :cool:

Which one was he?[/quote]

Adam Thomson was No.31 for the white side. Played mostly on a wing with blonde/brown shaggy hair. Didn't star but looked pretty handy.
Nice reporting by RAG, a couple of points though:
- Brown did play. He showed beautiful vision in the middle in the first quarter but I didn't see him after that - did he go to the showers with Richo and Co?
- No.18 in the black was Gilligan wasn't it?

I wrote that assessment at the "other forum" - here's the link:
http://www.superfootyforum.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1942

Hey guys does anybody know who number 3 was for the white team??
he looked super impressive!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Pretty sure it was Lids' brother Matt. He's playing for Coburg this year. Can't be certain but he moved exactly like his brother and teammates were calling him "Lids".

Pictures going up later tonight.

I was watching with my friend and I was standing right in front of the media and sheesh these people are absolute chatterbox.

The nuggety No. 9 black was pretty impressive. Quick and fast.

Nahas was fantastic. There's something about him that excited me. He played well and he's a slick mover.

King... Gosh, massive turnover that resulted in the opposition goal but that didn't stop him from persisting and giving his all. Doubt that he'll have a stellar year.

Cousins' kick is pinpoint accurate. Dead on and probably one of the best kicks in our team and the league. Because I didn't see much of him because they were at the other end of the field, I can't really say much about him.

Richo is god. MOTM I reckon. One of the SEN person that I was staidning around said that in the past 7 Richmond intra-match that he has went to, Richo is always the MOTM.

I also noticed Rory Hilton standing around where all the coaches were.

Whatever the case, I had a good day and I'm sure others had a good day as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Intraclub Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back