Investigation into Essendon Fitness Program

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not from AOD

So they might have got an unfair advantage just not from AOD?

Your players bulked up significantly whilst being injected with a banned substance. It remains to be seen if any sanctions are applicable as a result

So they might have got an unfair advantage just not from AOD?

Your players bulked up significantly whilst being injected with a banned substance. It remains to be seen if any sanctions are applicable as a result
So if ASADA find the only banned substance they took was AOD are you going to ignore scientific research and blame a non ped for their change in body size?

Bombers trying to inject some obscurity into this from the ACC report are deluded and keep trotting this out as if it is some kind of evidence that AOD's status was not clear. If you bother to actually read the report it is quite clear. But continue burying your head in the sand.

The ACCs mandate is for crime. Which is why the government press conference was mainly handled by the Justice Minister and not Kate Lundy. The ACC report was a starting place, nothing more and will have little bearing on the outcome of the ASADA report. Further, the Bombers cant use language in the ACC report as any kind of leverage since it was released well after the program was undertaken at Essendon, and which in turn, began well after substances not permitted for human use by regulatory bodies was inserted into S0 of the WADA code.

The AFL has said repeatedly that no action will be taken until the ASADA report is complete. Thats why Jobe is still playing this week, and why the Bombers are still playing for premiership points. The AFL has never gone off that line since the beginning.

John Fahey (WADA): "Once it's in your system you're gone..unless you play AFL...then the administration will sit on their hands for a few months in the hope they can direct the investigation to a pre-determined end."

Fixed.

You would of course be the first to agree that Jobe does not have any reason to juice up to be the player he is. Now let's be honest.

Love Jobe as a player - is a Gun. And the performance enhancing qualities of AOD are questionable at best.

BUT he's admitted to being injected with a banned substance. The unfortunate reality is that he, along with any other players who were subject to the same treatment, should be banned.

So if ASADA find the only banned substance they took was AOD are you going to ignore scientific research and blame a non ped for their change in body size?

I'm going to question what it is they did/took that achieved results that other clubs couldn't replicate. It may be the result of sheer hard work but when that hard work is combined with an injection regime designed to increase bulk it isn't an unreasonable question particularly when it hasn't been disclosed publicly what was taken

How is Jobe Watson playing this week? Ben Cousins never fails a drug test and he's banned for a year. Watson admits on national television to using a banned substance...and the AFL are silent.

What the ****.

The AFL are really showing their true colours in this whole saga and it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

All this talk about integrity is just talk, money takes priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Jobe as a player - is a Gun. And the performance enhancing qualities of AOD are questionable at best.

BUT he's admitted to being injected with a banned substance. The unfortunate reality is that he, along with any other players who were subject to the same treatment, should be banned.
So not worthy of a Brownlow?

So WADA think AOD is performance enhancing? Can you quote where?

You still haven't learnt...

WADA boss John Fahey was firm in his stance there are no excuses for taking performance-enhancing drugs after Essendon captain Jobe ...................

I can get you over 20 links to that quote. Interested?

You still haven't learnt...

WADA boss John Fahey was firm in his stance there are no excuses for taking performance-enhancing drugs after Essendon captain Jobe ...................

I can get you over 20 links to that quote. Interested?

"Now whether or not there's any mitigating circumstances depends on individual cases, and that's a matter for ASADA who are currently investigating it.

Fahey wouldn't comment specifically on Watson's revealing interview on Fox Footy's On The Couch program on Monday night.

"I won't comment on that, that's a matter for ASADA ... any comments I make would only complicate that," he said.

People need to understand that these powerful peptides can benefit the athletes for many years after taking them . They force physiological changes and all last year we heard Hird state that the benefits would be seen next year ! Essendon are handling this horribly .

It does not matter if they think it was not banned ! it was not approved for human use . They tried to exploit a loophole and got caught red handed . They need a harsh punishment !

You know it, I know it... but the guys running the comp, are out the back trying to work out just what story they can tell mum and dad.

You must be pretty slow Faheys directive of AOD and Performance Enhancing is quite clear unless you're fairly ******ed.

The merits of whether or not the AOD enhances performance doesn't matter. Its still a banned substance and as Fahey said today, you're responsible for anything that goes into your system. Doesn't the fact they are taking a banned substance to seek an advantage not sit well with Essendon supporters? The argument that "someone else told me its ok so I'm innocent and they are to blame" is pretty average. Not to mention that someone else was an employee of the club at the time as well.

The fact that more and more evidence comes out over time suggesting Essendon have made a monumental ****up plays out into the notion that there is much more to uncover from this. The AFL's integrity will be in the full spotlight with all of this. The old 'inconclusive evidence' (that is never revealed) has reared its ugly head quite a few times, but I think 99% of the non Essendon supporters would agree this is absolute bullshit and nothing short of a complete overhaul of the entire board and footy department (plus any applicable player suspensions) would help restore some image and reaffirm the point that cheating under any circumstance won't be tolerated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back