Investigation into Essendon Fitness Program

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Essendon are assuming that the rules that apply to other teams like the Chinese swimming team will not apply to them. I am sure WADA see's no difference. Chinese swimmers had no idea what they were taking and were all banned.

But Essendon will get a special expemption.
When the Chinese swimmers were caught they were banned, yes.

Still trying to figure out how Jobe can publicly admit to taking a banned substance and still play on the weekend.

Just another 'no comment' interview.

They comment after a tight win in Perth
They comment when McVeigh wants to have a shot at an ex team mate
They comment on the couch
They comment when they don't concede that they've taken banned substances

But they don't comment when the journalists ask questions on integrity, PR and media management or questions about why they've got players taking the field after being injected with a drug that WADA has banned.

It seems Essendon are assuming that the rules that apply to other teams like the Chinese swimming team will not apply to them. I am sure WADA see's no difference. Chinese swimmers had no idea what they were taking and were all banned.

But Essendon will get a special expemption.

Chinese swimmers probably were not told by governing body that they must consult their team doctor on all substances. Nor did they probabaly ask their doctors what they taking. Nor did they seek whether WADA compliant. Basically they did not act responsibly in regards to substances in their body.

furthermore they were caught with specifically banned substances i.e these were named on a WADA list unlike AOD.

so plenty plenty of differences ...but you know that.

I think it was the Hird and Bomber factor. This program was backed by HIRD and BOMBER, legends of the club. Nobody questioned, they would have if it had been any other bunch of coaches. In fact the Ziggy report hints at this.
Hird is all over this with texts, poolside meetings, taking injections himself, going to AOD promotional meetings with the company. Bomber so far has been invisible. The only connection being Dean Robinson, but he wasn't under Bomber in that time.

Wonder if things change this week.

What has happened to the documents that Essendon supposedly has granting them permission to use AOD9064?

I thought that the Herald Sun was going to be publishing them today.

Do they exist or is it just part of the lies, spin and fabrication coming out of Windy Hill?

Look, these do doucments do exist... Unfortunately, they were eaten by the Loch Ness monster.

Still trying to figure out how Jobe can publicly admit to taking a banned substance and still play on the weekend.

He did not admit to taking a banned substance. he admitted to taking a substance that WADA says is banned. Essendon says otherwise.

Even if he did, the process will still have to be followed. But normally any wins gained from the time of the doping are forfit.

I think the majority of the footy community has been pretty fair minded about this. I, for one, applauded the Bombers when they came to play the Swans, convinced the players should be respected as innocent until proven guilty.

I still respect the players and sympathise with the innocent fans caught up in this. But right now, I am really angry at the Essendon Football Club. By Watson's admission they have gained an unfair advantage. They should accept the consequences of their actions and quite frankly, I hope the consequences are severe.

It's a brave new frontier.

ASADA need to speed this up and conclude interviews next week.
Why has it taken them 4 months to interview a coach?

It's complicated apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did not admit to taking a banned substance. he admitted to taking a substance that WADA says is banned. Essendon says otherwise.

Even if he did, the process will still have to be followed. But normally any wins gained from the time of the doping are forfit.
The only disconnect I see here is that WADA told Dank to check with local authorities, maybe ASADA ****ed up and said its okay? WADA has since come out and declared it banned under S0 but the emails between Dank and WADA had the governing body sending dank to the locals.

Still seems far fetched but geez, it's stinky.

Since when is Essendon the ruling body on this?

I'm not talking about Jobe rocking up and wanting to play and the Essendon club wanting him to as well and just arguing a point. I'm talking about WADA tapping the AFL on the shoulder and saying: he can't play, he has admitted to using a prohibited substance.

If Jobe plays after admitting this publicly, it is a farce.

It's a brave new frontier.
It's complicated apparently.

Could you imagine a Royal Commission into bikie gang wars.

The finding should be handed down in 2 months. This morning 10 bikies and 7 innocent bystanders were shot in an incident. Police say they are powerless to act until the Commission hands down its finding some time in September.

Since when is Essendon the ruling body on this?

I'm not talking about Jobe rocking up and wanting to play and the Essendon club wanting him to as well and just arguing a point. I'm talking about WADA tapping the AFL on the shoulder and saying: he can't play, he has admitted to using a prohibited substance.

If Jobe plays after admitting this publicly, it is a farce.

I disagree, at the risk of sounding like the Carlton coach. The process must be followed.

Surely the best course of action, if the AFL wishes to maintain it's integrity (a big if, with their track record!), is to complete their findings ASAP, and ban the players involved this season - this of course is assuming they are found to have taken the substance that Jobe has admitted to taking (therefore I don't see it as an unreasonable assumption), and was named (I understand) on the consent forms signed by the players.

Again, assuming the minimum 6 month ban, and that it can be partly served out of the season proper, it means EFC could potentially start next season with a clean slate (other than the associated stigma), and the AFL don't run the risk of being seen to be allowing a tainted club carry on, business as usual, and contest finals - possibly deep into the finals series - while being under such a cloud. I understand innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe the AFL has a duty to protect the image of the game. Complete the investigation, sit them out for 6 months, clean slate for 2014.

I disagree, at the risk of sounding like the Carlton coach. The process must be followed.
So what is the process when a player publicly admits to taking a banned substance. Or isn't there one for that? I think it supercedes any investigation.

Say a person is investigated for murder. During that period a video surfaces clearly showing him shooting the victim 100%, and he admits to it. The investigation process has a month to run. What happens next?

So what is the process when a player publicly admits to taking a banned substance. Or isn't there one for that? I think it supercedes any investigation.

Say a person is investigated for murder. During that period a video surfaces clearly showing him shooting the victim 100%, and he admits to it. The investigation process has a month to run. What happens next?

And says it was self defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back