Investigation into Essendon Fitness Program

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite possible he did. There's always the chance of a voice of reason among madness such as this.

But the fact remains that because this doping programme took place, it is clear indication that the health of the players was of little concern to the instigators.

They were more than happy to use their playing group as guinea pigs using one or more questionable substances, the medium to long term health effects of which are unknown.

And Essendon supporters are defending these idiots. Amazing.

Let's just hope that for everyone's sake that we don't get the players down the track displaying health problems because of the shit their club injected them with.
If the program hadnt been endorsed by a respected doctor I'd agree. But it was so I don't, not yet anyway.

The club didn't care if it was safe or not. Nor do its supporters it seems.

I mean, who really cares about the health and welfare of the players in all of this?

I suspect that the Essendon strategy and that of those on here who defend the club has long since passed health and welfare and is now fairly much about survival from the harshest penalties.

Hopefully only the most one-eyed Essendon supporters would be arguing still that the club was actually doing good, honorable and moral things in this program. Most, it seems, are now contending that the club just didn't actually do anything to breach the anti-doping rules.

Hopefully, at some point we will begin to see genuine public anger expressed by these Essendon supporters at their club (not the players) for getting them into this dishonorable mess. And that is regardless of the outcome, because regardless of the outcome, it really is a god-awful mess that their club has, on its own, created.

You're assuming you know their priorities from the limited information weve been provided from news reports. Nice work

And you aren't? You assume because they are generally bloody good blokes they think logically? The lure of winning can often cloud judgement, and I believe it has in this case. Dank promising the world with his magic potions and them all believing it, so much so, that nobody bothered to double check the WADA code!

can you please address his posts and stop playing the man?
I only make the assessment of him because he refuses to address my posts.

Instead he replies using quotes direct from the spin manual. I presume the same publication you have been reading from since this mess began.

And who on earth are you to be lecturing others on playing the man?

And you aren't? You assume because they are generally bloody good blokes they think logically? The lure of winning can often cloud judgement, and I believe it has in this case. Dank promising the world with his magic potions and them all believing it, so much so, that nobody bothered to double check the WADA code!
I'm at least willing to reserve judgment on everyone except Reid who I and many others know wouldnt do that. Most here have made up their minds already despite the fact we know there's a lot more info coming

I only make the assessment of him because he refuses to address my posts.

Instead he replies using quotes direct from the spin manual. I presume the same publication you have been reading from since this mess began.

And who on earth are you to be lecturing others on playing the man?

It's a pointless exercise engaging with either person.

They have nothing of substance to state and have been regurgitating the same crap for the last 4 months.

And you accuse me of spin! Youre continually using a "think of the children" tact to troll your arse off. Then you have the gall to accuse people of spin when they disagree.

Respect :thumbsu:
The sad thing is that it takes a non-Essendon supporter to express concern about the welfare of your players in all of this.

incorrect. No matter how much you roll your eyes

No, not incorrect. Within FIVE minutes of me researching this in February, I had established that the drug was for research purposes only and fit under one or two categories of the WADA code S0 or S2. I'd never read the code before, I assume people in positions of power within sporting clubs would have.

No, not incorrect. Within FIVE minutes of me researching this in February, I had established that the drug was for research purposes only and fit under one or two categories of the WADA code S0 or S2. I'd never read the code before, I assume people in positions of power within sporting clubs would have.
how can you say with such certainty it fits under S0?

how can you say with such certainty it fits under S0?

Ok, one last one. I was actually convinced it fit more under S2 due to all the sites selling it claiming it mimicked HGH and increased IGF-1 levels. But as "for research purposes only" appeared on all the sites I went on at the time, I figured it was still in experimental stages which was S0. That wasn't "proof" per say, but certainly enough information to make me think this substance shouldn't be used by athletes. WADA later confirmed that it falls under S0.

If Hird or Reid had have done what I did, I suspect they would have said no to Dank.

Ok, one last one. I was actually convinced it fit more under S2 due to all the sites selling it claiming it mimicked HGH and increased IGF-1 levels. But as "for research purposes only" appeared on all the sites I went on at the time, I figured it was still in experimental stages which was S0. That wasn't "proof" per say, but certainly enough information to make me think this substance shouldn't be used by athletes. WADA later confirmed that it falls under S0.

If Hird or Reid had have done what I did, I suspect they would have said no to Dank.
cool, that's mostly fair enough; except that WADA "confirming" it falls under S0 is not a confirmation, it's an assertion.

You're assuming you know their priorities from the limited information weve been provided from news reports. Nice work
We know that a 'cutting edge' program designed to push boundaries of performance had your captain injected over 40 times with a substance he believes to be AOD. We know that players had to sign waivers to have the drug administered and the concerns already highlighted about the club's administration of this process speaks volumes to the regard the club had towards the players welfare.

Are you really trying to assert that the player's welfare was the foremost priority?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad thing is you expect us to believe your motivation for trolling is player welfare

How dare you accuse people who genuinely worry for your players welfare of trolling. The most sickening thing in all of this is the lack of concern of player welfare shown by you and your #inhirdwetrust cohorts. 'Hird would not do that to our players' well let me tell you sunshine, Hird DID that to your payers and we are dealing with the fallout. Whatever it takes indeed.

We know that a 'cutting edge' program designed to push boundaries of performance had your captain injected over 40 times with a substance he believes to be AOD. We know that players had to sign waivers to have the drug administered and the concerns already highlighted about the club's administration of this process speaks volumes to the regard the club had towards the players welfare.

Are you really trying to assert that the player's welfare was the foremost priority?
didn't he contest the number 40?

The sad thing is you expect us to believe your motivation for trolling is player welfare
To me, the principal concern here is the effect on the players of one or more drug of still unknown qualities and properties. Even above the legality or otherwise of the drugs (which is still important, of course).

I am not trolling. But even if I were - so what? I am not the Essendon supporter here.

You are the Bombers man, and you don't appear to care one iota about the potential health effects on your players. Not once have I seen you post any concerns regarding this. Not once.

In fact, you think it is of such little importance that you demean it by calling it a "think of the children" issue.

To me, the principal concern here is the effect on the players of one or more drug of still unknown qualities and properties. Even above the legality or otherwise of the drugs (which is still important, of course).

I am not trolling. But even if I were - so what? I am not the Essendon supporter here.

You are the Bombers man, and you don't appear to care one iota about the potential health effects on your players. Not once have I seen you post any concerns regarding this. Not once.

In fact, you think it is of such little importance that you demean it by calling it a "think of the children" issue.
And here it is for all to see

They weren't waivers. They were consent forms.

Bcause I'm responding to trolls doesn't mean I don't give a shit
You don't have to respond to anyone to express your concern for the health and welfare of your players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back