Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the merit in that. Though leggings are tight yes? So "normal" leggings should not roll down?

Trust me they do, especially when working out as you are doing a lot of different movements. Maybe not so bad for girls who have a flat stomach? Not sure as that isn't me haha.

Trust me they do, especially when working out as you are doing a lot of different movements. Maybe not so bad for girls who have a flat stomach? Not sure as that isn't me haha.

hahaha lol. I couldnt be in any leggings, my gut would be hanging over big time

Probably depends how low you wear them (and maybe the size of your posterior).
The gym I used to train at has a lot of slim athletics/track and LFL girls who all wore their leggings pretty low and never ran into any issues (that I noticed anyway).
A few of the powerlifting girls with bigger bums switched to high waist as they’d get a bit of posterior slippage doing squats.

Probably depends how low you wear them (and maybe the size of your posterior).
The gym I used to train at has a lot of slim athletics/track and LFL girls who all wore their leggings pretty low and never ran into any issues (that I noticed anyway).
A few of the powerlifting girls with bigger bums switched to high waist as they’d get a bit of posterior slippage doing squats.

Maybe that is my problem, I have a bigger bum ... I just know a lot of females who do all sorts of different fitness activities and it is one of the most common complaints about active wear, hence why we love high waisted!

A good gym kit looks better on girls than a fancy dress.
A good gym kit highlights (though obviously not its main intent) the real form. Fancy dress is often made to hide flaws or give the illusion of a bust or slim waist. Reality of hotness > chance of hotness or god knows what.

A good gym kit highlights (though obviously not its main intent) the real form. Fancy dress is often made to hide flaws or give the illusion of a bust or slim waist. Reality of hotness > chance of hotness or god knows what.
At the end of the day, it's what inside that counts.

:D

H
I dunno, depends in the fancy dress.

Helloooo

halloween-fantasias-femininas-4a-600x450.png

This is a little long winded but stay with me here.

In the gym last week and I was doing some stupid shoulder/chest set with the pec fly cable machine and a loaded bar (flys and shrugs).

Its about 10.30 and the gym is literally empty.

Dude rolls in and goes straight over to the pec fly machine and starts doing a weird stretching routine, just using one of the uprights to support himself.

I wait a good 3-4 minutes and hes still going. I go over, take the headphones off and politely ask if I can just finish off my last set of flys when he has a minute. He doesn't really respond, just stares incredulously at me and takes a half step back, hes still in the way and say to me "theres two cables just use that one" I respond "oh im doing flys so I need both but ill be 20 seconds tops".

I go to put my headphones back on so I miss what he says but see his lips move so take them off and say "sorry mate?". He repeats himself...

"I was using this, so its pretty f**king rude. Ill let you get away with it this time, but there wont be a next time"... I don't think I even said anything back, just kind of looked at him and did my set. He followed me around the rest of that session, asking to use my bench (I went to the next one) and stuff like that. Now I think hes not all there, hes a bit older (maybe mid/late 40's) wears old bright polos, bike shorts and cons to the gym and ive never actually seen him do any exercise (I saw him hang from a chin up bar once) but hes a big dude (maybe 6'4" and 110kgs). Im not tiny myself so it wasn't really intimidating but what the actual f**k was that all about.

In the gym last week and I was doing some stupid shoulder/chest set with the pec fly cable machine and a loaded bar (flys and shrugs).

Dude rolls in and goes straight over to the pec fly machine and starts doing a weird stretching routine, just using one of the uprights to support himself.

I wait a good 3-4 minutes and hes still going. I go over, take the headphones off and politely ask if I can just finish off my last set of flys when he has a minute. He doesn't really respond, just stares incredulously at me and takes a half step back, hes still in the way and say to me "theres two cables just use that one" I respond "oh im doing flys so I need both but ill be 20 seconds tops".

I go to put my headphones back on so I miss what he says but see his lips move so take them off and say "sorry mate?". He repeats himself...

"I was using this, so its pretty f**king rude. Ill let you get away with it this time, but there wont be a next time"... I don't think I even said anything back, just kind of looked at him and did my set. He followed me around the rest of that session, asking to use my bench (I went to the next one) and stuff like that. Now I think hes not all there, hes a bit older (maybe mid/late 40's) wears old bright polos, bike shorts and cons to the gym and ive never actually seen him do any exercise (I saw him hang from a chin up bar once) but hes a big dude (maybe 6'4" and 110kgs). Im not tiny myself so it wasn't really intimidating but what the actual f**k was that all about.
I've seen similar things in the 5 months I've been back in the gym.

Just this tuesday the local pizza shop owner (early 50's) is training in a pair of jeans and starts ranting about the shitty music. A few weeks ago another dude in his 40's started throwing dumbbells and the ezy curl bar around because he couldn't get his pump on.

This was the fault of the shitty equipment according to him. Walked out huffing and puffing.

Drugs, alcohol, steroids, failed marriages etc.

The worst thing you can do is to try and calm these people down. They will unload all their toxic bullshit on you "Me missus left me took the kids, me mum/dog/boss died, drank a bottle of vodka last night, oh woe is me"

Give them a wide berth, or if that fails politely tell them to **** off.

I've seen similar things in the 5 months I've been back in the gym.

Just this tuesday the local pizza shop owner (early 50's) is training in a pair of jeans and starts ranting about the shitty music. A few weeks ago another dude in his 40's started throwing dumbbells and the ezy curl bar around because he couldn't get his pump on.

This was the fault of the shitty equipment according to him. Walked out huffing and puffing.

Drugs, alcohol, steroids, failed marriages etc.

The worst thing you can do is to try and calm these people down. They will unload all their toxic bullshit on you "Me missus left me took the kids, me mum/dog/boss died, drank a bottle of vodka last night, oh woe is me"

Give them a wide berth, or if that fails politely tell them to **** off.

Yeah, if you’re not willing to out psycho someone then you’re better off giving them a wide berth.

I told you I was using it, can't believe how rude you are still being, I have my stretching and preening routine that I've been doing for years don't need some young whipper snapper coming in and trying to big note themselves by actually using the equipment!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not in the gym or the first time I have posted this I know but I am still sick of "ladies" walking or jogging the wrong way on a path. Holy crap wtf and please please just stop it already!
Im running 50-60km at the moment and I am so sick of playing games of chicken with these idiots. Why is it almost always women? I have played over 100 games of running chicken over the years and recall maybe half a dozen or probably less blokes.

Road rules is the general norm most people follow, just stick to the left. Ive run in a few countries and it seems pretty universal.

Edit: just to add it becomes pretty obvious once you are out there as you pick up on the order pretty quickly. It is why it blows my mind that these people can be so ignorant or selfish.

Last edited:
Fair enough that's just common sense

You would think so but I had a run in with a lady who was on the phone walking towards me on a wide path of which I was hard on the left edge.
She was staring right at me and refused to move so I said "please move" as I approached and I could hear her say on her phone "did you just hear that, I cant believe what he said" so I stopped and looked back and she yelled at me "there is a whole path here dont you know!"
I wonder if she ever realised the irony of what she said?

You would think so but I had a run in with a lady who was on the phone walking towards me on a wide path of which I was hard on the left edge.
She was staring right at me and refused to move so I said "please move" as I approached and I could hear her say on her phone "did you just hear that, I cant believe what he said" so I stopped and looked back and she yelled at me "there is a whole path here dont you know!"
I wonder if she ever realised the irony of what she said?

Pedestrians can be shocking, I've been out for a run on a straight road so can see well into the distance and you can see this person walking in the middle of the footpath and as I get closer I will try to work out which way to go around them as they either take up the whole footpath or they drift from side to side, and has you say in many cases they have no idea why there was an issue. This is one reason why I don't get why cyclist would want to ride on footpaths.

There was a funny one, I was doing a lap of the Tan and a group got out of a car and started walking across the track towards the gardens, which is fine except this group saw me coming and for some dumb reason just stood there in the middle of the track.

Whilst I completely agree, this is no different to standard walking now, no one stays left.

I was in Japan recently and fell in love with their social order, waiting in line, an escalator, exiting a train or elevator? The Japanese have a system that makes it greater.
Sorry I felt had to make it rhyme for some weid reason.

Pedestrians can be shocking, I've been out for a run on a straight road so can see well into the distance and you can see this person walking in the middle of the footpath and as I get closer I will try to work out which way to go around them as they either take up the whole footpath or they drift from side to side, and has you say in many cases they have no idea why there was an issue. This is one reason why I don't get why cyclist would want to ride on footpaths.

There was a funny one, I was doing a lap of the Tan and a group got out of a car and started walking across the track towards the gardens, which is fine except this group saw me coming and for some dumb reason just stood there in the middle of the track.

How about those pedestrians that see you approaching in a car and run to get infront of you then walk the rest of the way? #$%# off and die I say, @#$@ off and die.

Whilst I completely agree, this is no different to standard walking now, no one stays left.
It's easy to stay left. I go passive aggressive when passing if they don't and will say 'under my breath' (but loud enough for them to hear), 'Stay left, I'm glad I'm not on the road with you' or similar.

How about those pedestrians that see you approaching in a car and run to get infront of you then walk the rest of the way? #$%# off and die I say, @#$@ off and die.

Are you one of those idiots who suddenly speeds up in their car when they see a pedestrian crossing the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back