Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a guy yesterday walk over to a plaster wall, throw about 15 limp-wristed punches in to it, then pick up 2kg dumbells and do front raises with the worst form I've ever seen. afterwards he spent a good 20 minutes staring intensely at his phone, occasionally looking up to stare at people.

front raises (DB, bar, plate) seems to be one of the go-to exercises for many an average joe and jane. I don't get it. anterior delts get hit hard with chest presses and OH presses. unless you're a ****ing body builder, there's no ****ing need to waste your time on this shit. work the other heads more.

BTW guys - how long do you think is "too long" for someone to be hogging a squat rack?

I was in the gym last night (its a CBD gym full of posers unfortunately but you can't beat the location).

4 squat racks, were no shit used constantly for an hour by 4 people. Them doing a set of deadlifts - wait 5 minutes - another set- wait 10 minutes. It was a complete joke. At what point can you talk over and go "guys are you planning to life here or something?"

One mate will often hit the gym at 3am after a night out, he reckons spending half an hour on the treadmill eliminates hangovers.
I worked out hungover on Saturday, cured by the time I left, The litre of water helps too

BTW guys - how long do you think is "too long" for someone to be hogging a squat rack?

I was in the gym last night (its a CBD gym full of posers unfortunately but you can't beat the location).

4 squat racks, were no shit used constantly for an hour by 4 people. Them doing a set of deadlifts - wait 5 minutes - another set- wait 10 minutes. It was a complete joke. At what point can you talk over and go "guys are you planning to life here or something?"
if they were doing dead lifts and you wanted to squat I'd be asking them to move, what the **** are they doing deadlifts in the squat rack for, all you need is some floor space ffs

That sort of thing wouldn’t be uncommon amongst powerlifters.
Takes me 40-45 minutes (sometime longer depending on exactly what I’m doing) to get through my main movement for the day.
I trained at MelbUni once and the guys there took close to an hour to do 3 working sets of squats by the time they’d done their warm ups etc. 5-6 guys would share a single rack though

if they were doing dead lifts and you wanted to squat I'd be asking them to move, what the **** are they doing deadlifts in the squat rack for, all you need is some floor space ffs
This.

I have a similar problem at gym occasionally - people doing floor stretches in the rubberized floor weight area. have had to ask people to move a couple of times if they didn't want to run the risk of having dumbells dropped on them.

That sort of thing wouldn’t be uncommon amongst powerlifters.
Takes me 40-45 minutes (sometime longer depending on exactly what I’m doing) to get through my main movement for the day.
I trained at MelbUni once and the guys there took close to an hour to do 3 working sets of squats by the time they’d done their warm ups etc. 5-6 guys would share a single rack though

thats just insane. if you are going to spend that long get your own rack

i've never ever heard of a gym having a coffee machine. Seems totally bizzare to me. A good coffee machine costs a good couple of grand. Would prefer another squat rack.

You haven't lived man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really sure where to post this, because it's something you see online rather than in the gym - bodybuilders and fitness athletes posting "before" and "after" photos on social media and forums, with the "before" image being from when they were like 15, before they even began training, and the "after" being after like a decade of hard training, and probably some supplemental help too.

I'm not knocking people's hard work and dedication, but let's stop pretending you had some massive genetic disadvantage that you overcame. You were a normal teenager, who then went through your prime of testosterone production, and added regular training, diet and supplements during that period. Credit to people for their results, but it would be more remarkable and more of a genetic anomally if all that training and other stuff didn't have much effect.

If you're going to do "before" and "after", the "before" should be you as an out-of-shape adult (22+), for it to really be an amazing "transformation".

A very athletic, toned patron of the gym im at was using lat pulldown equipment to my left. Then she moved to another apparatus to my immediate right. I asked if she'd finished with the lat pulldown machine. She couldnt hear me due to her loud music in her headphones. I tapped her upper arm and she took off her headphones. I then repeated my question and she answered. We both smiled.

On a side note, have anyone noticed females donning these high pant type leggings these days?

A very athletic, toned patron of the gym im at was using lat pulldown equipment to my left. Then she moved to another apparatus to my immediate right. I asked if she'd finished with the lat pulldown machine. She couldnt hear me due to her loud music in her headphones. I tapped her upper arm and she took off her headphones. I then repeated my question and she answered. We both smiled.

On a side note, have anyone noticed females donning these high pant type leggings these days?

Did you at least offer to give her a spot?

Working the latissimus dorsi and the other muscles of the upper back region can be dangerous without the assistance of a qualified spotter.

Did you at least offer to give her a spot?

Working the latissimus dorsi and the other muscles of the upper back region can be dangerous without the assistance of a qualified spotter.

Thought that might be creepy!

And Im not qualified.

Damn it!

Keeps all the jiggly bits in

This is the response I’ve gotten (though not in those words) from the few girls I’ve asked about them.

Personally I think anything high waist looks ridiculous but it’s not me wearing them so I don’t give a rats.

This is the response I’ve gotten (though not in those words) from the few girls I’ve asked about them.

Personally I think anything high waist looks ridiculous but it’s not me wearing them so I don’t give a rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back