Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree.

You didn't see treadmills in Pumping Iron. Arnie seemed to do ok without them.

I know you aren’t saying cardio isn’t beneifical but a) 99% of bodybuilders do cardio and A fair percentage would use treadmills. Secondly pumping was fairly staged in terms of the personas and “characters” to promote their sport.

I will add I can’t stand treadmills, if you want to time travel get on a treadmill because the timers on those things ticks three times slower than normal. But they are purposeful and beneficial to many people. I prefer running outdoors

What if your only time available to go to the gym is between 1-5 and you love in Alice Springs
People have managed to walk and run outside in Alice Springs for over 40,000 years.

How about if running on bitumen is harmful to the knees or other joints
Go to a park. Run on grass.

If you're getting shin splints you may have under developed tibialis muscles. You can build up the tibialis and the other muscles of the calf in the weight room.

Loving the treadmill these days. I get it to alternate 2 minutes of 19km/hr then 12km/hr. Drives people crazy. It starts ramping up and my feet start bangin against the group making all sorts of noise. Sweat splashing left and right. Then when it goes back to 12km/h I breath real heavy a loud. WHOOOSH, WHEEEE, WHOOOOSH, WHEEEEEE.

For some reason though - people still pick the treadmill exactly next to me even when every other treadmill is free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

You didn't see treadmills in Pumping Iron. Arnie seemed to do ok without them.

If you are old campaigner that played footy too long and have bung knees and ankles - its the only way I can run! I feel like I'm going to die on an ergo

Loving the treadmill these days. I get it to alternate 2 minutes of 19km/hr then 12km/hr. Drives people crazy. It starts ramping up and my feet start bangin against the group making all sorts of noise. Sweat splashing left and right. Then when it goes back to 12km/h I breath real heavy a loud. WHOOOSH, WHEEEE, WHOOOOSH, WHEEEEEE.

For some reason though - people still pick the treadmill exactly next to me even when every other treadmill is free.

Peak irritation - ****ing hate it

If the patron is an attractive, smart, funny, outgoing member of the opposite sex it's ok

Putting two towels down - one over the rack and the other over leg press. We’ve only got 2 racks, and 1 leg press. You going to deadlift while leg press m8? **** off. Taking up other people’s time.

I don't understand the treadmill thing either, unless you have no space or are woman worried about being out alone after dark or something go outside, get some fresh air and run properly.

Or early morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back