Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my partner wanted to train legs this morning. We only have 2 racks, one was being used by the PT. The other was being used by a ****ing moron who was bicep curling (with shit form) 45kg and supersetting with bench.

So obviously my zen other half doesn’t know and went to go set up for squats. Then the bloke from the bench was like nah I’m using that. So ok, my patient better half thought he was switching machines. But no, the ****ing moron continues supersetting. Then when my angelic other half realise he’s just doing curls, he brings over the 45kg barbell and asks to swap instead. Then the guy was kind of rudely like nah I have my routine mate, I won’t be long etc etc.

Meanwhile I’m here about to blow up at my UN level other half for copping this idiots shit. To make my point, I’m loudly and passive aggressively saying ‘curls aren’t done in a rack during peak hour gym’ (I’m the confrontational one). So my Nobel peace prize winner other half hits stands and waits for 15 mins, and we’re on a tight schedule with work.

I have no words. At both of them. I’m taking a moment to write this in between glaring at the a-hole.

So my partner wanted to train legs this morning. We only have 2 racks, one was being used by the PT. The other was being used by a ******* moron who was bicep curling (with shit form) 45kg and supersetting with bench.

So obviously my zen other half doesn’t know and went to go set up for squats. Then the bloke from the bench was like nah I’m using that. So ok, my patient better half thought he was switching machines. But no, the ******* moron continues supersetting. Then when my angelic other half realise he’s just doing curls, he brings over the 45kg barbell and asks to swap instead. Then the guy was kind of rudely like nah I have my routine mate, I won’t be long etc etc.

Meanwhile I’m here about to blow up at my UN level other half for copping this idiots shit. To make my point, I’m loudly and passive aggressively saying ‘curls aren’t done in a rack during peak hour gym’ (I’m the confrontational one). So my Nobel peace prize winner other half hits stands and waits for 15 mins, and we’re on a tight schedule with work.

I have no words. At both of them. I’m taking a moment to write this in between glaring at the a-hole.
Hit the leg curl machine if your gym has one.

I thing it was Aeglos who mentioned it helps warm up the knees for squatting (He's a wealth of information that bloke.)

That tip has held me in good stead. I now start leg day on hammies.

Don't let some nuff nuff ruin your work out mate. Take comfort in the fact rack bicep curlers have small penises, and statistics also show they are more likely to die horrible painful deaths.

Not going to name names but in the last 4 pages there has been some floggish stuff said. Sheeeeeeesh.

Things that annoy me was seeing the biggest bloke at my gym shoulder pressing the heaviest dumb bells for sets of 10 and not looking like it bothered him at all, I want that strength!

Not going to name names but in the last 4 pages there has been some floggish stuff said. Sheeeeeeesh.

Things that annoy me was seeing the biggest bloke at my gym shoulder pressing the heaviest dumb bells for sets of 10 and not looking like it bothered him at all, I want that strength!

ugh this is me having a conversation with my brother re. weights.

Me: "So how much do you lat pull down?"

Him -looks confused- "all of it"

:D:rolleyes:

ugh this is me having a conversation with my brother re. weights.

Me: "So how much do you lat pull down?"

Him -looks confused- "all of it"

:D:rolleyes:
I haven’t picked them up because I have no use for them... yet.

I think they are 60KG db’s. The campaigner just shoulder presses them like it’s air :(.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok what can you do shoulder press/ bicep curl? And lat pull down
Still in high reps range for a few more weeks for this blocks training plan but I’m sitting around 22.5KG-25KG shoulder press depending on the day, 15KG bicep curls and 64.5KG lat pulls.

Still in high reps range for a few more weeks for this blocks training plan but I’m sitting around 22.5KG-25KG shoulder press depending on the day, 15KG bicep curls and 64.5KG lat pulls.

Yeah thats way more than me :)

Shoulder press idk 10kg, Bicep 10kg and lat pull down 30kg

I curl in the squat rack/power cage :sick: But thats only because our free bars only go up to 20kgs..... And ill never do it in peak hour, and only for a quick 3 x 10
Edit: FWIW..... I dont have a tiny penis...
Dear oh dear.

Next time I'm in the gym, I'm going to park myself in front of the preacher curl bench and do rack pulls on it.

Dear oh dear.

Next time I'm in the gym, I'm going to park myself in front of the preacher curl bench and do rack pulls on it.
Because thats the same :think: An olympic bar is 20 kg's, so i can add weight plates to take it to 40kg's, our free standing bars only go up to 20 kg's. Not ideal, but i make sure its never peak time and if someone wants to jump in front and squat i let them go ahead.

Thoughts on doing deadlifts in the rack?
Depends on your gym and availability. Ours is set up as power station. Squat rack with deadlifting platform behind it. Most people just share so one can do deads, and one can do squats in front so its no issue. If its quiet, but you have no other room to deadlift, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back