Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arseh*le on the preacher machine, who would spend 10 minutes between each set swiping right and left on tinder, and decided nobody else could use the spare ezy bar by having it next to him to alt rep set..

****** spent 45 min, I was really really tempted to grab his phone and throw it across the room.
Screw that.

I never take my phone to the gym during the week, and almost never on weekends. It's nice to have that enforced break of connection, gym time is me-time.

Screw that.

I never take my phone to the gym during the week, and almost never on weekends. It's nice to have that enforced break of connection, gym time is me-time.
But how will you post instas and update your socials with live im at the gym content?

But how will you post instas and update your socials with live im at the gym content?
I don't think I've ever seen anyone take a photo of themselves at my gym, thankfully.

Screw that.

I have my phone on me for music purposes only..

I find it astonishing that if I look around whilst people are exercising almost everybody is on their phone during sets breaks or taking a quick snap of themselves in the mirror. ****ing pathetic IMO

I have my phone on me for music purposes only..

I find it astonishing that if I look around whilst people are exercising almost everybody is on their phone during sets breaks or taking a quick snap of themselves in the mirror. ******* pathetic IMO
Im on my phone. changing songs or podcasts.

The only time I'll have my phone out (on the treadmill anyway) is if I'm expecting a text or something thats kinda urgent. And that's extremely rare. Otherwise its in my bag, on the floor where I cant reach it.

When I'm doing weights I may or may not check BF once or twice. But srsly its once or twice. :$:$

I'm there to exercise not be on my ****ing phone.

I use my phone to check BF to see if anyone is annoyed by my behaviour.

SRS though. Use it to keep my program.
I have my program on my mine, plus I use the timer for tracking breaks between sets / exercises. And the occasional selfie in the changeroom post workout, but only if no one is around. And the only person who gets to see those is my wife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i'm pretty bad and have 5 minute breaks between sets on squat, bench and deadlifts because i'm stuffed. Phone gets used in those 5 mins. After that though for accessory work it goes in my gym bag.
Nothing wrong with that. Let's face it,being at the gym is about the most boring thing a person can do. Sometimes there's good people to chat to between sets. If there's not, being in your phone to pass the time is a good idea.

some bloke had every clip for the cable station at his disposal and refused to let anyone use them. Wrapped them all up in his towel.
or when someone sits on the squat rack for 40 minutes on their phone and doesn't let you work in between

need a home gym :rolleyes:

So there is a person at the gym who is a long time patron. He suffers from a disability which profoundly affects his walking ability. He's also dumb as in cannot speak. He's also probably in his 60s. But credit due he still rocks up. History at the place shows that women are affected by his presence as he tends to ogle and try strike up a conversation with him. The other day a very athletic female wearing not much was performing hip thrusts. He wheeled over and stood within her personal space mumbling something. She promptly got up and left.

So there is a person at the gym who is a long time patron. He suffers from a disability which profoundly affects his walking ability. He's also dumb as in cannot speak. He's also probably in his 60s. But credit due he still rocks up. History at the place shows that women are affected by his presence as he tends to ogle and try strike up a conversation with him. The other day a very athletic female wearing not much was performing hip thrusts. He wheeled over and stood within her personal space mumbling something. She promptly got up and left.
Come say hi to me next time

Ridiculous smelling campaigner walking around with no shoes on, carrying a ****ing plastic bag

Broken nearly every rule

Oh man, where do it begin? This thread only popped up in recommended section, so only new to it

Blokes who go to the gym for no genuine reason but their egos "Oh yeah bro, I go to the gym, I'm jacked as, screw all you tiny blokes, I'm top s**t"

Chicks who go to the gym, do two sets of something, take a photo of themselves at the gym, then go home. Honey, gym is a health and well being center. Not a personal dating ground or modelling site.

Blokes that are absolutely jacked from the legs up, which huge arms, chest, yet a skinny stomach like they are wearing a corset and boney legs. Sorry guys, but you look freaking stupid not good. Either work it all, or don't bother. Legs are just as important

People who mention every single time they go to the gym, that they are at the gym. Sorry guys, no one cares.

People who hog multiple stations at once

People who don't put their weights away

People who destroy the gym bathrooms. If only you destroyed your bench presses just as much :sick:

Shady people who come at late hours when almost no one else is there to conduct "business"

People who laugh at you because you're lifting 1/4 of what they did. Didn't realize it was a competition

Those cheap gyms where every single person goes, and you cannot get around or take hours to do your program because the place is packed as. Especially between 5-7pm

Expensive gyms ripping you off, forcing poor people like myself to be stuck at those crowded and dirty gyms. I am not paying $1500 a year sorry

Large groups of "bros"

Walking by gym farts, that are almost the worst types. There is more to life than just chicken, rice and a ton of broccoli every single night you know? Can still have a mad figure eating other stuff too.

People who walk in and out or the gym like they are Connor McGregor. Why does it seem like every single bloke who trains for boxing or MMA walk and talk the same dopey way? It that something that gets boxed into them, copycat stereotype personalities? Be yourself, piss the act off.

Guys openly using the roids, particularly in the changerooms. Lets not kid yourself guys, you're the gym equivalent of a rich kid being handed down cash from daddy. You didn't work for it. Don't like people who take short cuts then brag about the hard work they did

Those who put other people down, particularly if they are overweight etc. Many people are going there to improve their physical and mental health, people who are trying to become more athletic so they can improve at sport. Or because they want to look good and have a nice figure. And then you have idiots who act like they own the joint or are better. No wonder many get put off coming back.

Given the above is like easily over 50% of the gym population, the rest of you, I love you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back