Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undoubtedly covered elsewhere in the endless pages of this thread but:

1. People doing circuits at peak times. Towel on one bit of equipment, water bottle on another, 3 sets of dumbbells by their bench, couple of barbells on the ground...and don't you dare touch the cable attachment because they're coming back to that too.

2. The guys way too amped up on pre-workout, grunting and groaning on every rep, slamming the weights down, walking around the whole gym floor between sets stretching on other pieces of equipment and dancing to their music, before returning to their bench (after not so subtly checking themselves out in the mirror) and giving themselves a loud pep talk before the next set - "Phwoaaarr, yeah, come on come on, hhhnngghhh". We get it, you like attention and want to feel like you own the place.

Undoubtedly covered elsewhere in the endless pages of this thread but:

1. People doing circuits at peak times. Towel on one bit of equipment, water bottle on another, 3 sets of dumbbells by their bench, couple of barbells on the ground...and don't you dare touch the cable attachment because they're coming back to that too.

2. The guys way too amped up on pre-workout, grunting and groaning on every rep, slamming the weights down, walking around the whole gym floor between sets stretching on other pieces of equipment and dancing to their music, before returning to their bench (after not so subtly checking themselves out in the mirror) and giving themselves a loud pep talk before the next set - "Phwoaaarr, yeah, come on come on, hhhnngghhh". We get it, you like attention and want to feel like you own the place.
In our gym chest and back super sets are acceptable. The owner set up the incline chest behind the high row, and the decline chest behind the low row so you can rip between them.

Anything else is grounds for a carpark confrontation.

We have 2 leg presses, and I can't fit get my feet up on one of them. On leg day I have a brief chat with the other regulars doing legs, before I start, so I don't get in their way.

My advice would be to go the knuckle.

Cos you were creeping her maybe?

Recent annoying thing is people setting up too close to me on the mats when I'm doing ab exercises. Feeling all vulnerable on my back with my legs in the air and shit.
Only if you consider doing sidesteps, facing her on the treadmill next to her "creepy". 😂😂😂

Cos you were creeping her maybe?

Recent annoying thing is people setting up too close to me on the mats when I'm doing ab exercises. Feeling all vulnerable on my back with my legs in the air and shit.

I once had this dumb shit set up his mat right next to my treadmill (there is now quite a bit of a gap between treadmills, as one was removed)- instead of the regular stretching area. So his head was basically at my arse, it was very unnerving. ****ing tool.

Thankfully was only ever the one time.

What is that?
Just a week of less weight or less reps, give the body a chance to recover. I’m really burnt out and struggling now as I’ve done 14 weeks almost straight of back to back programs. Low calories isn’t helping that either I don’t think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if you consider doing sidesteps, facing her on the treadmill next to her "creepy". 😂😂😂

by sidesteps you mean

yex4be1.gif

Was just about to start a set of shoulder presses this morning when I smelt one of the worst smells I have ever smelt. Some arseh*le let a fart out.

Also, that arseh*le was mine so I pushed through the set but lucky no body was near me or it would have been awkward

Was just about to start a set of shoulder presses this morning when I smelt one of the worst smells I have ever smelt. Some arseh*le let a fart out.

Also, that arseh*le was mine so I pushed through the set but lucky no body was near me or it would have been awkward
There’s quite a few occasions training where you have to really make sure you don’t let go.

Can be disastrous.

I will look around to ensure no ladies are present, then let rip. Farts and weights go hand in hand. If I'm leg pressing then I just let it go, regardless of who's around.

I remember one particularly nasty day over the christmas holidays. I visited mum, and she had her famous beans and sausage stew on for lunch. Popped into the gym a few hours later, and my goodness I was farting like a whale. The stench was so bad I criss-crossed the gym diagonally, from one corner to the other, just to escape detection.

My workout looked like this.

Decline bench press.
2 X 8 reps
Fart

Leg raise.
1 x 3.5 reps
Fart

Squat rack
Just stood around
Fart

Rotator cuff movements on the functional trainer.
Fart

WORST CHEST WORKOUT EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back