Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Newbie doing a bicep session - decides up stand between the benches, after I'd set up for incline dumbbell press and done a warm up set. Even after the first working set, he only moves over a few inches.

Newbie doing a bicep session - decides up stand between the benches, after I'd set up for incline dumbbell press and done a warm up set. Even after the first working set, he only moves over a few inches.
It's your magnetic personality

Not annoying yet.
But just did a thorough searching of all my gym options after I move, and the only gym within an hour‘s drive with a decent bench press is the CrossFit gym (they’ve got a Valhalla comp bench) that only has “open” time during working hours.

I swear there is an uptick of videos on social media of this and it’s usually the person standing trying to blame the person on the bench.

It happened.

I left.

Found a great deal at a new gym and kissed my old one goodbye.

The straw that broke the camel's back moment for me? Having to rush from doing OHP to cable flys before a PT was going to "claim" it and do an ab workout between the cables.

TBH I stayed longer than I should off only because I was in the groove with a 3month program and I wanted to finish it before leaving. Not to mention the anxiety and stress actually gave me an Adrenalin rush to get ready and hit the gym early before the PT rocking up, so it was stronger than my preworkout drinks. :$

I forget who posted or recommended me to leave as I couldnt find your post, but it lay a seed in my head that grew. :drunk:

New gym, doesnt mean irritating things didnt happen to me already, lol.:D

I punched myself really hard in the face, when a guy rocked, took off his suit jacket and started working out.

I couldnt for the life of me understand wtf was going on. He was in reasonable shape, not a brag, but Im clearly better lol, so he wasnt "flexing" to show off. I kinda felt he forgot his gym gear (well duh) and wanted to work out. What I dont get, is why work out in the first place? I wont go through all the stupid idiotic things wrong with working out in your work clothes (suit attire), but it just got me puzzled.

In fact I would have had respect for him, if he was out of shape and worked out, as I figured he was on some NY resolution kick.

Went to the toilet my first day at the gym, I had trouble washing my hands, as there were guys taking selfies. :drunk:

The funny thing, is that when you have been at a "bad" gym before, you let a lot of things slide.

Awkward The Challenge GIF by 1st Look

It happened.

I left.

Found a great deal at a new gym and kissed my old one goodbye.

The straw that broke the camel's back moment for me? Having to rush from doing OHP to cable flys before a PT was going to "claim" it and do an ab workout between the cables.

TBH I stayed longer than I should off only because I was in the groove with a 3month program and I wanted to finish it before leaving. Not to mention the anxiety and stress actually gave me an Adrenalin rush to get ready and hit the gym early before the PT rocking up, so it was stronger than my preworkout drinks. :$

I forget who posted or recommended me to leave as I couldnt find your post, but it lay a seed in my head that grew. :drunk:

Pretty drastic move to leave a gym because someone was using cable crossover to do abs. Let them know politely that you want to use the cables! But now you're at another gym with its own clown fuggery.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy was probably the best unit I've seen there tbh.

I'll give him a pass as he was alone previously but anyone shirtless when there's other people there is a tool no matter their shape.
This has been my position for years but I'm starting to soften, looking at what some women wear to workout in these days I'm starting to think for the sake of equality I'm gonna go easier on dudes.

Pretty drastic move to leave a gym because someone was using cable crossover to do abs. Let them know politely that you want to use the cables! But now you're at another gym with its own clown fuggery.
Not really not at all, so dont try and shame me.

I had been bitching about many things that has happened over the past few months. I only stayed at that gym for a few personal reasons, I left when I had the best chance to.

As I said if you read the post correctly it was the "straw that broke the camel's back", if you understand the phrase.

EDIT

I was curious as to why you tried to call me up on something that is rather fair and reasonable, then I checked the history of your posting on here, which explains it all. I guess still salty about the way I view PT. lol.:D

Last edited:
Not really not at all, so dont try and shame me.

I had been bitching about many things that has happened over the past few months. I only stayed at that gym for a few personal reasons, I left when I had the best chance to.

As I said if you read the post correctly it was the "straw that broke the camel's back", if you understand the phrase.

EDIT

I was curious as to why you tried to call me up on something that is rather fair and reasonable, then I checked the history of your posting on here, which explains it all. I guess still salty about the way I view PT. lol.:D
We view PTs*

Be hard pressed to find support for them in this thread. I’m with you.

This has been my position for years but I'm starting to soften, looking at what some women wear to workout in these days I'm starting to think for the sake of equality I'm gonna go easier on dudes.

At an old gym of mine, there was a mature lady, tiny petite about a size 4 and had a set of double D implants, who wore very little to the gym.

Naturally she was a source of complaints from a lot of the older ladies complaining about how skimpy her outfits were. The staff could hardly say anything, as Im pretty sure there wasnt a "clothing policy" in place and the younger girls where basically wearing the same. She basically wore "underwear" and bra top, that was probably a size too small.

Mind you, we had equality, there was a guy that would basically train in his "underwear".:$

The paper towel next to the cleaning stations thing has really slipped at my gym - the whole place had run out. It's not staffed on Sundays so I'll give them a bit of leeway at 6.45am on a Monday but they'd want to stock them for tomorrow.

The paper towel next to the cleaning stations thing has really slipped at my gym - the whole place had run out. It's not staffed on Sundays so I'll give them a bit of leeway at 6.45am on a Monday but they'd want to stock them for tomorrow.
A gym really should be cleaned Sunday evenings. Best time, lowest traffic to deal with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back