Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Had the place to myself yesterday arvo hopefully the same today.
Trained over the last few days, there was a few people but still peaceful, no one had "blocked" me from needing to change up the order of workout, which I liked.

Countdown is in 5 days when real fun begins, newbies have entered the chatroom on Jan 1.

Xmas eve there was a bloke with his shirt off lol, in fairness he was in there by himself before walked in.
I will raise you with that, the guy that video's his workouts, brings a tripod with him now.

I swear the guy spends more time actually trying to find the right angle and right position to place his tripod. One stage he was "following" me around the gym for a few exercises which is what f**ked me off the most. The irony being is that his execution of the exercise appears to have gotten worse.

I kept my inner "Karen rage" within the whole time. Mind you when I almost tripped over this tripod, I almost went back to do a round house kick and send it flying across the gym.

One of the reasons I dont say anything is that he is newbie. In fairness to him, he does try to respect other users with his tripod placement. God bless his soul.

I will raise you with that, the guy that video's his workouts, brings a tripod with him now.

I swear the guy spends more time actually trying to find the right angle and right position to place his tripod. One stage he was "following" me around the gym for a few exercises which is what f**ked me off the most. The irony being is that his execution of the exercise appears to have gotten worse.

I kept my inner "Karen rage" within the whole time. Mind you when I almost tripped over this tripod, I almost went back to do a round house kick and send it flying across the gym.

One of the reasons I dont say anything is that he is newbie. In fairness to him, he does try to respect other users with his tripod placement. God bless his soul.
You would have to be the most jacked bastard in the gym to be doing that imo

You would have to be the most jacked bastard in the gym to be doing that imo
Thats the irony, I would have said something maybe if it was gym bro, this guy is such a light weight newbie, saying something might actually make him cry.

Actually you know what, I might actually tell him I will record him when I am resting between my sets. In all seriousness, I know the guy is trying to improve and deserves credit rather than ridicule, which is why I havent booted that tripod and his camera or "accidentally kicked it, which to me is a weak coward move. That doesnt mean I havent been tempted. lol.

To be fair, Im sure I do many things every workout that have wanted gym users along with staff to boot me around the gym.

Ironically I got asked to put my "weight" away last week. Not what you would think. I use a small tiny 1.25kg weight to sit on top of the machine plates when I cant go all the way up to the next weight increment and the f**ked up machines go up in 5kg blocks.

It literally is the size of a biscuit, I thought the PT was being a dick, but didnt want to get into an argument. In fairness he was right.

This guy was probably the best unit I've seen there tbh.

I'll give him a pass as he was alone previously but anyone shirtless when there's other people there is a tool no matter their shape.

If your training shirtless as phantom13 mentioned for another situation, you would want to be one of the most jacked or in shape guys training.

Its not like a fat f**k can train shirtless. Though I would give him a 10/10 for having the confidence to do it.

was it
the_interloper ?

If your training shirtless as phantom13 mentioned for another situation, you would want to be one of the most jacked or in shape guys training.

Its not like a fat f**k can train shirtless. Though I would give him a 10/10 for having the confidence to do it.

its a vexed situation. Gym is about giving people confidence to attend and try to improve themselves physically or mentally. Maybe going shirtless was his way to telling himself yep ive done it (double thunbs up)

Back in the day doing circuit training, etiquette was that when finished you took the pin out of the machine weights and left it on top of the weights for the next person to use. The only exception was if you stacked the machine then you left it in the bottom hole so your prowess would be acknowledged.

Stacked the leg press machine in the gym at Newport and left the pin in. Some middle aged chick gave me some serious attitude about it. Told her politely to GAGF and she could do the same when SHE did 240kg sets.

Leaving a pin is fine imo. Takes the exact same amount of effort to remove and replace where you want it as it would to take it from the top and place it where you want.

It’s not the same as leaving a bar stacked or dumbbells all over the shop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a weird one, went down at 6pm after a 35 degree day. Not only was the air con off but there was a young woman in there wearing leggings and a light hoodie o_O

I'm such a nice bloke I waited until she left before firing up the A/C.
Normally the PT cranks out the AC the moment she arrives, however I beat her to it most days as I arrive earlier. I would rather have it on for the entire duration than half way through mine.

Today about 5mins into her 20min run, I could tell she could see and feel that the AC was off but didnt want to stop her run to switch it back on. It did get a bit hot this morning. AC timer is set for an hour, after which time it switches off.

I was toward the end of my workout and knowing how uncomfortable she was feeling, I kinda didnt care. :$

When she had finished her run, she stormed off the treadmill to turn the AC back on.

Just over 24 hours to go before Gym Newbies arrive..........................

Glory be.

giphy.gif

Not sure it's really anyone's fault individually so much maybe more a collective but recently all the weight plates on the machines seem to be stacked around the place sooo randomly. Ohh and stuff like a 2.5kg one underneath say a 20.
Thats just laziness.

Noobz are the ones that keep gym prices down.

They are the "perfect member".

Came in January and dont rock up for the rest of the year.
100%.

Used to say the same about when biggest loser would start. You could go out for a run 5 minutes after the ep aired and see a bunch of people out for a walk in brand new kicks and active wear. 3 months later back to empty streets.

100%.

Used to say the same about when biggest loser would start. You could go out for a run 5 minutes after the ep aired and see a bunch of people out for a walk in brand new kicks and active wear. 3 months later back to empty streets.
I roll differently, when it comes to NY resolutions I start formulating them in November and actually make a conscious effort to begin them in that month, so by the time the New Year comes in, Im already 6 weeks into them. I have found this is effective for me, everyone is different.

I think one of the reasons you do get the empty streets, is because that momentum and drive that they had on New Years Day dwindles by the time February rolls around, all the excitement of a New Year is well and truly gone . Which is only around 6 week mark. To make effective changes to ones life, they say it takes a solid 2-3 months. So when I begin my positive new habits in November, by the time February rolls past, Im around that 2-3 month mark.

I roll differently, when it comes to NY resolutions I start formulating them in November and actually make a conscious effort to begin them in that month, so by the time the New Year comes in, Im already 6 weeks into them. I have found this is effective for me, everyone is different.

I think one of the reasons you do get the empty streets, is because that momentum and drive that they had on New Years Day dwindles by the time February rolls around, all the excitement of a New Year is well and truly gone . Which is only around 6 week mark. To make effective changes to ones life, they say it takes a solid 2-3 months. So when I begin my positive new habits in November, by the time February rolls past, Im around that 2-3 month mark.
Another factor is that people typically have holidays around New Years (so more time and a forced break in routine), then when they go back to work they fall back into their previous routine (which doesn’t include whatever the resolution is).

Remove this Banner Ad

Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back