Think Tank Is 2020 finally the end of the Hawthorn, Geelong & Sydney era?

Time to rebuild?

• Geelong is cooked

• Geelong is fine

• Hawthorn is cooked

• Hawthorn is fine

• Sydney is cooked

• Sydney is fine

• Jack Watts is swimming with ****

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

These three clubs won 7/10 Premierships last decade and every finals series included at least one of them, often all three.

Fast forward, they haven't won a preseason game between them. For years minnow club fans have predicted the end to their era of dominance.... is it?

Quick message to the OP, don't even think about lumping us in with your pathetic team and the Shitney Swines. Horrible attempt to ride the coattails of the Mighty Geelong Catters. :thumbsdown:
Believe me nobody wants to be associated with your miserable bunch of salary cap & peptide-abusing cheats, much less Geelong's mongrel dog supporters.

I am surprised you've ditched your AFL Swans love despite the time half you flogs adopted Swans avatars like the turncoat bitches you are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are Geelong in thread title?

90f266757812f50611a871070c0849d3

Last edited:
Results of these 3 teams since the start of 2015:

Hawthorn - 3 finals series in 5 years - 1 Grand Final appearance - 1 flag
Sydney - 4 finals series in 5 years - 1 Grand Final appearance - 0 flags
Geelong - 4 finals series in 5 years - 0 Grand Final appearances - 0 flags

Meanwhile...

Richmond - 4 finals series in 5 years - 2 Grand Final appearances - 2 flags
West Coast - 5 finals series in 5 years - 2 Grand Final appearances - 1 flag
Western Bulldogs - 3 finals series in 5 years - 1 Grand Final appearance - 1 flag

Coming into 2020, Richmond/West Coast/Western Bulldogs are all in better positions for a flag tilt than any of Hawthorn/Sydney/Geelong are.

Moral of the story... the old guard has been dying a slow, drawn out death since the end of the Hawks 3-peat! ;)

Believe me nobody wants to be associated with your miserable bunch of salary cap & peptide-abusing cheats, much less Geelong's mongrel dog supporters.

I am surprised you've ditched your AFL Swans love despite the time half you flogs adopted Swans avatars like the turncoat bitches you are.
Let it all out Bosk. 1583620703876.gif

This is rich coming from a Hawfmond flog.

Even when we're not winning flags we are kingmaker. Stephen Wells is why Richmond won the 2019 premiership

Even when we're not winning flags we are kingmaker. Stephen Wells is why Richmond won the 2019 premiership
And Steve Hocking, brushing salary cap breaches under the carpet, helps to maintain the blatant corruption of Vlads well established empire

Their era of dominance is over - I don't think any of them will win a flag for a while.

Better question is: is their era of relevance (on-field) over? I think a team has relevance if it wins a final, and gives itself a chance to play in a prelim. So basically top 6. I think Geelong are still relevant, but not Sydney and Hawthorn for the time being. The Kelly trade has actually finally given Geelong some draft picks, and they've done a pretty good job turning over their list while still playing finals for the last 10 years. Whether they remain relevant or cease being a finals side in the next 3 years will have a fair bit to do with whether Danger's body holds up or if he falls off a soft-tissue cliff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank Is 2020 finally the end of the Hawthorn, Geelong & Sydney era?

Back