Is anyone else bored?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys

Sitting here during Spring Carnival (gamblers' month of the year) and waiting for cricket season to fully kick in, is anyone as bored as I am? I can't wait for the footy season, especially given the way it ended. It really feels like unfinished business and I really wish I could fast forward to next year's finals and hopefully see an Eagles win.

Anyways, we need some more discussion on these boards. The whole commenting on delisted players is a bit dull.

Yeah agree, usually I'm pretty cool with the break, but this time round seems like we r going to be waiting forever for it to start again!!! Cancel the commonwealth games and bring it back earlier I say!!! :p

Maybe check out the sportal site - theres some general discussion happening on that as well as the occassional argument!! ha ha! also have a look on EFH website they have downloaded some clips to watch - like Judd goal of the year, chicks goal in the final against adelaide, and clips of 2005 - they r erally quite good, and can help give u a bit of a "fix" so to speak.

It's just so hard to wait so long especially considering our loss in the GF, all we want to do is get back and start kicking some butt again!! it's pure aggony...I feel ur pain, thank god for Fox footy replays!!! :p

jorel6669 said:
Hey guys

Sitting here during Spring Carnival (gamblers' month of the year) and waiting for cricket season to fully kick in, is anyone as bored as I am? I can't wait for the footy season, especially given the way it ended. It really feels like unfinished business and I really wish I could fast forward to next year's finals and hopefully see an Eagles win.

Anyways, we need some more discussion on these boards. The whole commenting on delisted players is a bit dull.

I reckon hey!

It is not that long to go when you break it down.

I want the NAB draw to come out so I can work out exactly how many days until the first Eagles game of 2006!!

I also agree with you with the fact it does feel like "UNFINISHED BUSINESS!"

Do u know when they r releasing the NAB draw? I know it starts mid feb...so I guess we have 3.5 months to wait...wow that doesn't seem 2 long I guess.

Fletchers Girl said:
Ohh I like that! I've been trying to hold back from adding up the days, but I've been dying to know!!!! Now I can start a count down!!! :)
Thanks Cuzz

Ha HA HA -No worries!!

I think I started when it was 145 days to go - so I've already got through nearly 40 days! (woo hoo!)

But yeah, Im hanging out for the footy to start again!!

Bring it on!!

Cuzz09 said:
Ha HA HA -No worries!!

I think I started when it was 145 days to go - so I've already got through nearly 40 days! (woo hoo!)

But yeah, Im hanging out for the footy to start again!!

Bring it on!!

Couldn't agree with u more there!!! R u in Melbourne or Perth?

bored through lack of footy?

suggestions.................

untangle that kite that is gathering cobwebs in your garden shed and go to the local park or beach and fly it.

join a birdwatching/bushwalking club

get into home brewery

grow a veggie patch

spend time with the ones you shut out during the footy season

forget about 2005

look forward to 2006

materamagic said:

untangle that kite that is gathering cobwebs in your garden shed and go to the local park or beach and fly it.

get into home brewery

grow a veggie patch

forget about 2005

look forward to 2006

Not bored in that sort of aspect. Just bored at work as I spend most of my day trolling the net (I actually do my work at the same time, media monitoring, but I've been there a few years and I can multitask).

Miss the big footy discussions. The off season ones are quite dull.

Fletchers Girl said:
Couldn't agree with u more there!!! R u in Melbourne or Perth?

Im in Adelaide (oh boy!)

If I was in Perth at least I could hear more Eagles news and if I was in Melbourne - well there always is something on there to do with sport.

Nothing against adelaide but its pretty dullsville.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

materamagic said:

get into home brewery

grow a veggie patch

forget about 2005

look forward to 2006

Ha Ha Ha - thats a good one!

The things that make the time go quick for me (apart from working Mon-Fri) is:

Cricket - there is like only 20 days until footy season on which cricket is not played!

Tennis: Australian Open in Jan!

Soccer: A-League has been great!

Basketball: NBL is not too bad!

But nothing compares to the EAGLES!!

Cuzz09 said:
The things that make the time go quick for me (apart from working Mon-Fri) is:

Cricket - there is like only 20 days until footy season on which cricket is not played!

Tennis: Australian Open in Jan!

Soccer: A-League has been great!

Basketball: NBL is not too bad!

But nothing compares to the EAGLES!!

Cricket: Mehhh..... those tests are sooo boring. One-dayers anytime

Tennis: Oh definately what keeps me going through summer. Makes me wanna pull out and dust the cobwebs off the racquet.

Soccer: Next...... :thumbsdown:

NBL: Hmmm... used to be great, but lets face it the Wildcats suck.

What i do to excerices my boredom ( in terms of sport)........ FOX FOOTY CHANNEL.

God bless the person who came up with that . They should be cannonised.

I find I'm spending a hell of a lot more money in the off season. With no footy on the TV to keep me home I'm at the shops on the weekend spending when I need to save :p

Juddyzthebest said:
What i do to excerices my boredom ( in terms of sport)........ FOX FOOTY CHANNEL.

God bless the person who came up with that . They should be cannonised.

How good is FOX FOOTY CHANNEL!!

This morning I got up and they were playing West Coast Vs Geelong from round 7 -2003.

Couldn't even remember that game but it was a beauty!!

Funny its only 2 years ago but Cuzz, Brauny, Judd and Fletch all look so much younger!

Also funny seeing guys like Trent Carroll and Kane Munro playing.

Nothing can beat old bowls in the offseasons :D or golf and cricket!
Oh please! these sports nearly drive me crazy watching them. Cricket on the very occasion (like VERY) can be alright, but bowls and golf-where do I start with them?!

Anyway, I usually kept busy riding horses in eventing, showjumping and dressage in the offseason so really, havent got much spare time!

By the way, is Adelaide really that boring? I was considering going to Adelaide Uni in the next couple of years.

crazzzy_grrl said:
I find I'm spending a hell of a lot more money in the off season. With no footy on the TV to keep me home I'm at the shops on the weekend spending when I need to save :p
Yeah i seem to be spending my money at a faster rate too.

Like it's a Saturday night and i have no $$$ to go out with. Even my b/f has none (coz i spent it!) :p

smeagol_17 said:
Oh please! these sports nearly drive me crazy watching them. Cricket on the very occasion (like VERY) can be alright, but bowls and golf-where do I start with them?!

Anyway, I usually kept busy riding horses in eventing, showjumping and dressage in the offseason so really, havent got much spare time!

By the way, is Adelaide really that boring? I was considering going to Adelaide Uni in the next couple of years.

Nah - Its OK I guess.

More of an old peoples place - I like to call it "Australia's retirement home"

But seriously, the night life is OK - some good pubs/clubs and good restaurants. Just be careful when they roll up the footpaths and turn off the streetlights at midnight though. ;)

smeagol_17 said:

You call a bunch of sports boring before going on to say you partake in dressage

Then you ask if Adelaide is boring, yet you live in Tassie

If thats not the pot calling the kettle black I dont know what is

Cuzz09 said:
How good is FOX FOOTY CHANNEL!!

This morning I got up and they were playing West Coast Vs Geelong from round 7 -2003.

Couldn't even remember that game but it was a beauty!!

Funny its only 2 years ago but Cuzz, Brauny, Judd and Fletch all look so much younger!

Also funny seeing guys like Trent Carroll and Kane Munro playing.

Fox Footy is fantastic. Your able to relive some fantastic moments, like Juddy's first game. Im looking forward to watching Cuzzy's 200th again. Heheh cant wait!!!!! I must admit though reliving the games from 2001 is a bit painful!!

It is funny watching games a couple of years back. I watch a Geelong game from 2001 I think and it was Kerry's first game, wearing those horrid ochre coloured guernsey's and the commentators were crapping on about how good this kids was going to be. Also watching guys like Roo and Mac and Collica and Merenda running around, its like a step back in time. It felt odd watching the boys play without Juddy or Stinger or Chicky.

Also makes me realise just how far we have come.

HAIL FOX FOOTY CHANNEL!@

Yeah - I dont watch the games I know we lost.

I cant be bothered really, sitting through it knowing we lose.

Maybe if I flick it over for a special moment eg. Sampi's mark V Melb, 2004.

But unless the boys won that game I doubt Id watch it!

I cant wait to watch our wins against Richmond, Melbourne and the Roos from 2005.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone else bored?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back