Is anyone on this forum a serious contender to win DT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Please hang around for 2014 preseason! Some of us could do with advice or recommendations (especially myself)
Yogibear came 5th last year didnt he?

He's going okay this year but no where enar the top

It is 100% luck from within the top 1000

There was a thread soemwhere earlier in the season with what some posters history over the past few years had been and there was one guy who was in the top 1000 every year for the past 3 or 4, someone like that I would definitely be interested in talking too.
That being said, they like to play it pretty close to their chests usually. I mean 50k is on the line.

Yogibear came 5th last year didnt he?

He's going okay this year but no where enar the top

It is 100% luck from within the top 1000

There was a thread soemwhere earlier in the season with what some posters history over the past few years had been and there was one guy who was in the top 1000 every year for the past 3 or 4, someone like that I would definitely be interested in talking too.
That being said, they like to play it pretty close to their chests usually. I mean 50k is on the line.

interestingly yogi was the one asking the questions pre season. the guy who finished first last year released his starting team.

interestingly yogi was the one asking the questions pre season. the guy who finished first last year released his starting team.

I believe Yogi has a new job and works FIFO so didn't know the rookies as well as he usually would.

It's also completely different this year with the new trade system. So what worked with the winner last year might not work this year. A bit of trial and error. Although end of the day it all comes down to picking the right mid pricers and rookies and avoiding the few premiums each year that drop off.

Plenty of good advice going around early in the preseason on here. It's generally when everyone floods in just before the start of the season that a few of the regulars go a bit quieter. I find the biggest problem on here during the preseason is that people too often just ask who they should bring in rather than try to gather information and back their judgement.

It's actually a shame that KA is banned from this forum (I think). The arguments with Gingy were a bit tiresome but he knows his DT more than most on here. His DT betting thread shows that.

As for who is a contender this year, well the highest ranked team in the BF DT group is a team called Jimmy's Neutrons. Not sure what his BF name is but he is ranked 21st.

If you're not in the top 10 right now, no chance of winning. Would require incredible luck for someone lower to win with 2 trades each round.

Agree, was in the top 7 or 8 2 years ago with probably 5 rounds to go and came home strong and could only manage 4th. All those up the top will be coming home strong especially when it's irrelevant on the number of trades you have left.
Completely different game this year and must say i've got no idea on how to approach it!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, I'm happy with my first year's DT efforts. Current rank 12480, at start of MBRs I was around 29k. Aside from a shocking R13. Original goal of cracking Top 10%, but now hoping to finish Top 10k. :)

I realise this is the thread for people seriously going for the 50k, but I think coming 35th, top 100 etc is pretty damn good!

Just inside the top 10k at the moment. Few good weeks in a row but came from too far back, lost interest over the bye rounds.

Been hanging around the 3k mark all year. Highest was just inside 1k. Too many silly choices and going with heart over head. Undefeated in main league so looking at some $$$ come finals time to make up for it!

Pah, I'm making a late charge from 5000th-odd... Should be getting close around December 2023...

Ok. I may have to revise this. Up to just outside top 3K. If I continue this rate of progress (around 1200 - 1500 places per week), I should just get over the line on the last game of the year.... :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone on this forum a serious contender to win DT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back