Is Ash Hansen The answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Given all the negative stuff on this thread about him, I would have thought 3rd round would be about right.
That is because he is a scapegoat this year. Like every team, we always have a few targets it seems. This year it is Fletcher and Hansen. If you read what people were saying about Hansen in 06 it was very different.

I would think we would need at a minimum an upgrade to your second for our third (as we would only use 4 picks if we traded him - 1, 18, 20 and your second round). Your third round would be of no use to us. Maybe the only use we would have with your third is to package it with all our other picks to Freo in exchange for their second.

That is because he is a scapegoat this year. Like every team, we always have a few targets it seems. This year it is Fletcher and Hansen. If you read what people were saying about Hansen in 06 it was very different.

I would think we would need at a minimum an upgrade to your second for our third (as we would only use 4 picks if we traded him - 1, 18, 20 and your second round). Your third round would be of no use to us. Maybe the only use we would have with your third is to package it with all our other picks to Freo in exchange for their second.

As a senior player he was expected to lead from the front, take the step up in the absense of the Cousins and Judd - he clearly hasn't!

You can't compare the 2006 Hansen with the 2008 version, Lynchy kicked 60 goals that year, although he played a very different role this year, he couldn't get near the big sticks. Obviously they knew he'd be no good down there without the great delivery. Hansen's in the same boat, the only difference is he was actually left in the same position - with the same results as Lynch.

Playing CHF you're expected to be able to take a strong contested mark on a regular basis and kick important goals for your team, Ash Hansen hasn't taken a contested mark in 5 years of football!

The reason he was used as a lead up player in 2006 was because the coaching staff knew he couldn't take the big grabs when we needed him to and now that the game plan has changed somewhat from 2006, he's been found wanting.

This isn't about bashing Ashley Hansen, this isn't an attack on Ashley Hansen the person, this is simply pointing out the reasons why Ashley Hansen is NOT the answer to WCE's troubles.

As for your little scapegoat comment, I've got an idea - Let's all walk around holding hands and skipping while we watch our footy team win 4 games for the year and finish second last while we sing and laugh about how well we're going! Nothing's wrong, all our players are the players we need and want, they're all doing a fantastic job and can do no wrong! They all have the skill and body for AFL footy, they're the best players we've ever seen! Please, give. me. a. break.

ash, if you're reading this, do the team thing and put yourself up for trade, if you love the eagles as much as you say, you'd help them by leaving.

cheers

ash, if you're reading this, do the team thing and put yourself up for trade, if you love the eagles as much as you say, you'd help them by leaving.

cheers

:thumbsu:

If anything, most people would be hapy earning around 400k for being a great clubman and contributing sweet f all.

The doggies are in need of a forward, everyone knows this. But if Hacksen was to go, he'd impede the development of Jarrod Grant surely. He'd challenge Skipper for the bulldogs' biggest hack:rolleyes:

:thumbsu:

If anything, most people would be hapy earning around 400k for being a great clubman and contributing sweet f all.

The doggies are in need of a forward, everyone knows this. But if Hacksen was to go, he'd impede the development of Jarrod Grant surely. He'd challenge Skipper for the bulldogs' biggest hack:rolleyes:

cheers

At least my posts had some sort of reasoning and substance behind them.

Low blows boys, IMO.

Would like to offer him up as a trade to upgrade one of our picks. Can't believe they resigned him. Hopefully we signed him up on sweatshop wages as a ploy to dress him up as a trade.

Say Bulldogs, how bout a punt on Ashley Hansen?
He's an injury concern and he's contracted, how much is he on?
Well that's the thing, you guys need a forward, Hansen is more than capable, and he'll cost 25c a day. He's cheaper than riding scooter.

Is there any better back up forward in the league. I mean a player who plays reserve as a KPP forward. Maybe Mitch Thorp and thatd be it I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be offering Hansen + 3rd Round for the Bulldogs First Round pck.

He will fill the hole as a key forward they require, has Premiership experience, is 25 and peaking as a KPP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Ash Hansen The answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back