Is Clarkson's time up?

Remove this Banner Ad

fully agree...and to be honest i think a lot of people here 'accept' that...1 flag is better than none? i dont...the list is way to good and to only deliver 1 flag with this herd of players would be the most disappointing period in hawthorn's rich history!

That's not an unreasonable proposition but we do understate the achievement of having one at all.

Roos has one, Worsfold, Williams too. The Geelong Scott may get another but he's on the clock. The repository of all knowledge, Mick Malthouse, had one at Collingwood in eleven seasons besides his Eagles success nearly twenty years ago. Sheedy hasn't won a thing in 12 years.

Media love Ross Lyon: zero
Robert Walls is all knowing: one

Couple of others out of the caper floating around with multiples (Matthews, Pagan, Blight).

We won't see many dynasties from here on in.

Fair assessment...not sure if anyone saw mclaures take on clarko and our gameplan whoch aired on 360...summed it up perfrectly. its just abit worrying that everyone else in the media can pin point our issues and how they need to be addressed but clarko cant.

Just wanted to get in before the game tonight. Go hawks.
NICE1, I missed the Mc Claure gameplay wrap up. I guess it was the same as all the other wrap ups, but could you please let me (and other) know the wrap up of the assessment. Cheers.

I'm with the majority, give him until the end of the year, but if mick malthouse wants it now, grab him. Same issue for me, players so stuffed in the last quarter that things start to fall apart against the good teams. Play to our strengths not our weaknesses.

Big game tonight. Must make a big statement!

We have a premiership calibre list. In 2009 he was slow to adapt his gameplan and we missed finals. In 2010 he was slow to adapt his gameplan and we started the season 1-6. In 2011, he devised a gameplan that couldn't beat the best sides. In 2012, we have a gameplan that doesn't stand up against good sides.

He is doing his best to stifle Lance Franklins influence on games as well. We are probably going to see a repeat of 2009 this year. Those are the facts. Three and a half years of excuses. Time to go Al.
I've got this theory that no-one on Bigfooty really has much of a clue. Sorry to expose you but please explain the differences between last years gameplan and this years? Clarko is playing Buddy up the feild to break the teams reliance, he's said this a million times in interviews, why is this such a mystery?I can"t wait to get Gilham and Bailey back from injury. Hawthorn haven't had decent back and ruck since 2008 and what happened that year? Shoenmakers is much better up forward than down back and other than injury I cant understand why Clarckson perseveres with him.

I thought Clarkson coached very very well. Tonight.

Generally Clarkson is a poor match day tactician because he looks at the overall picture i.e. finding a game plan to win the big one.

We have won a Premiership and a Preliminary final in the last 4 years. 2009 / 2010 we were smashed with injuries.

Having said all that we must at least make a grand final this year.

garygee;24104822 i've got this theory that [b said:
no-one on bigfooty really has much of a clue[/b].

Sorry to expose you but please explain the differences between last years gameplan and this years? Clarko is playing buddy up the feild to break the teams reliance, he's said this a million times in interviews, why is this such a mystery?i can"t wait to get gilham and bailey back from injury. Hawthorn haven't had decent back and ruck since 2008 and what happened that year? Shoenmakers is much better up forward than down back and other than injury i cant understand why clarckson perseveres with him.

qft !

:)

Haven't read previous 13 pages of this thread, but fwiw Clarko has a great plan A, however when plan A doesn't work there is no plan B, C or D. Til death do us part is his motto. The all-time great coaches are the ones who can adapt and change according to the situations they confront quarter to quarter. Clarko cannot. He may yet win us another GF because of the weight of talent we have. I'd expect no less with the class of cattle we have. However if the question is "are there better coaching options available to Hawthorn instead of Clarko" I'd have to say yes there is.

We played a forward line tonight with our forwards in it, even noted by the commentary team.
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

During large periods of the second and third quarter we set up with no forwards in the forward 50.

During the last quarter we started with forwards in the forward 50.

Its not a coincidence :cool:

I've said it before, its a 27 week season, not a 5 week one.
Clarkson and the lads with him know more about both Hawrhorn AND the opposition than most of us. Im happy to put my faith in them.

Let them be judged at years end, NOT after we've had a tough month and been unlucky not to get through it perfectly.

Well, what is new in that? I suspect that that is true of any club. What the poll shows is that about two thirds of Hawk supporters disagree with the author of this thread. And another 10-15% didn't want to see us continuously losing like we did against Sydney.
It's a dumb poll anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Clarkson's time up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back