Is Deledio a poor mans Hodge?

Remove this Banner Ad

waspy said:
After one season:
Deledio > Hodge
very, very stupid post.
deledio never lit the world on fire this year. how many times did deledio have possessions in the mid 20's to 30's as opposed to hodge?
don't get me wrong deledio is a gun. he will be a star, but to say that deledio is already a better player than hodge is quite stupid.

like someone already said comparison between these two is ridiculous.

Swifty_446 said:
No, Deledio actually wins his own ball, he's not just a reciever that gets 30 cheap kicks a game.

It's easy for Hodge to look like a gun in a team of hacks, I understand where the confusion comes from.

You still don't get it...

Swifty_446 said:
No, Deledio actually wins his own ball, he's not just a reciever that gets 30 cheap kicks a game.

It's easy for Hodge to look like a gun in a team of hacks, I understand where the confusion comes from.

That sounds alot like the reciever that is Cooney except Cooney gets less possies has poor skills and isn't very damaging when he gets the ball.

:)

:::buddy38::: said:
Has hodge played 4 season and deledio 1, yes
Is deledio 18 and hodge 21(roughly) yes
Is deledio a poor mans hodge, no. He can do everything hodge does and more
That's rubbish, i'm sure he will be able to in a couple of years and i think he will be a star but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Deledio - very Judd like IMO.

dipper86 said:
That sounds alot like the reciever that is Cooney except Cooney gets less possies has poor skills and isn't very damaging when he gets the ball.

:)

A reciever that was averaging 7-9 clearances a game in the last 8 games? Unlike Hodge, Cooney does not linger on HBF and recieve 90% of kick ins. If you bothered to watch you'd realise that. But you probably wouldn't.

Hodge is extremely overrated, I'd rather have Deledio.

It's so funny how if a player, like Hodge, gets a negative comment, the plebs start trolling your club. Try to stay on the topic at hand.

If anything: Hodge = very poor mans Buckley

cosby said:
very, very stupid post.
deledio never lit the world on fire this year. how many times did deledio have possessions in the mid 20's to 30's as opposed to hodge?
don't get me wrong deledio is a gun. he will be a star, but to say that deledio is already a better player than hodge is quite stupid.

like someone already said comparison between these two is ridiculous.

You seem to forget the Hodge averaged about 5-10 possessions a game in his first year. He only came of age after 3 seasons. So to say that about Deledio is just plain hipocracy.

Swifty_446 said:
A reciever that was averaging 7-9 clearances a game in the last 8 games? Unlike Hodge, Cooney does not linger on HBF and recieve 90% of kick ins. If you bothered to watch you'd realise that. But you probably wouldn't.

Hodge is extremely overrated, I'd rather have Deledio.

It's so funny how if a player, like Hodge, gets a negative comment, the plebs start trolling your club. Try to stay on the topic at hand.

If anything: Hodge = very poor mans Buckley

Nice logic there considering Hodge had the most centre bounce clearances in the league and the second most total clearances at the end of the home and away season, with your logic that would make Cooney more of a reciever.

Wrong again, hodge does most of the kick ins for Hawthorn.

Contested possies for 2005.
Cooney avg 1.5
Hodge avg 3.6

Its not trolling your club its just a player comparison. :)

Swifty_446 said:
You seem to forget the Hodge averaged about 5-10 possessions a game in his first year. He only came of age after 3 seasons. So to say that about Deledio is just plain hipocracy.

Once again your wrong!! Your on a roll at the moment, Hodge actually averaged 15.9 possies a game in his debut year of 2002, without doing a pre season and carrying OP through the year, in fact it wasn't untill 2005 that he had completed his first pre season.

Swifty_446 said:

Hypocrisy is the term...

Do you ever tire of embarrassing yourself with your ignorance?

Hodge averaged 15.5 possessions per game in 2002, compared with Deledio's 15.2 per game this year; and he did so despite missing the preseason and carrying an injury across the year.

As for contested possessions & clearances...

Hodge (2005) = 5.8 clearances & 3.6 contested possessions per game
Deledio (2005) = 1.3 clearances & 2.4 contested possessions per game
Cooney (2005) = 3.6 clearances & 1.5 contested possessions per game.

Hodge wins more hardball than your own Scott West...

Thankyou, come again.

As for the topic at hand...

Its clearly a "no".

That you guys all fell for such an obvious troll, is the real joke here. Oh, the irony of it all.

This thread represents everything that is BigFooty.

Signed.
The Thread Starter.

CyberKev said:
Hypocrisy is the term...

Do you ever tire of embarrassing yourself with your ignorance?

Hodge averaged 15.5 possessions per game in 2002, compared with Deledio's 15.2 per game this year; and he did so despite missing the preseason and carrying an injury across the year.

As for contested possessions & clearances...

Hodge (2005) = 5.8 clearances & 3.6 contested possessions per game
Deledio (2005) = 1.3 clearances & 2.4 contested possessions per game
Cooney (2005) = 3.6 clearances & 1.5 contested possessions per game.

Hodge wins more hardball than your own Scott West...

Thankyou, come again.

As for the topic at hand...

Its clearly a "no".
well looking at those stats i would say that when deledio is hodges age will have better then those stats, youve proved nothing other then hodge is not that far ahead of deledio and cooney considering he has been around twice as long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MadMaxx said:
That you guys all fell for such an obvious troll, is the real joke here. Oh, the irony of it all.

This thread represents everything that is BigFooty.

Signed.
The Thread Starter.

congratulations

you are a certified moron :thumbsu:

Deledio is not a poor mans hodge, he is just an outrageously overated player.. Of course he is going to be a good player but some of the ******** that comes out of peoples mouths about this boy is just utter crap..

He is not a poor mans Hodge cause they are nothing like eachother but honestly i would take Hodge over him any day, and that is on the basis of Hodges first season performances..

It should be is Deledio a poor mans Judd, my answer to that would be yes..

jackson_rules said:
well looking at those stats i would say that when deledio is hodges age will have better then those stats, youve proved nothing other then hodge is not that far ahead of deledio and cooney considering he has been around twice as long
Hodge was all australian this year, so I would say he is a fair way in front of Deledio this year. That is pretty obvious.

Hodge couldn't of had better stats this year, so I would say he is miles in front of Deledio at this stage. As he should be, because he was drafted three years earlier. I'm struggling to understand your comment 'he is not far in front at this stage'. He is.

Cyberkev was just highlighting that Hodge's first year stats were very good, averaging more possesions a game than Deledio. Showing that he didn't start slowly, but stuggled to get on the park for the next two seasons after that.

cschreuder61 said:
Hodge was all australian this year, so I would say he is a fair way in front of Deledio this year. That is pretty obvious.

Hodge couldn't of had better stats this year, so I would say he is miles in front of Deledio at this stage. As he should be, because he was drafted three years earlier. I'm struggling to understand your comment 'he is not far in front at this stage'. He is.

Cyberkev was just highlighting that Hodge's first year stats were very good, averaging more possesions a game than Deledio. Showing that he didn't start slowly, but stuggled to get on the park for the next two seasons after that.

Exactly, this Jackson rules bloke is an absolute nob, dont think one of his posts has ever had any merrit..

blaisee said:
pav for AA

You should go and see a doctor about your obsession :eek:
And he should also compare Lids to Mundy when they're atleast the same age. Despite the fact that it was their debut seasons, Mundy is still two years older than Lids.

Da Shag On Fire said:
This is possibly the ********test/no sense poll I have ever seen. Deledio was a gun last year in his first season and suddenly he's a poor mans hodge. What are you 5 years old!!!!!
Dont worry about Hawthorns BF supporters, all they have is their young players and get very upset if somebody has a better one then them, i mean after the first round they were all saying Franklin was better then Deledio by a lot and didnt that backfire on them big time.
There just dickhe@ds
Can Hodge do this?
0,1658,5025654,00.jpg

No

Brett_Dele_m1113810.jpg

Brett_Deledio.jpg

10.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Deledio a poor mans Hodge?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back