• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Is Eli worth more than Peyton????

Interesting poll Chism.

I reckon a more interesting poll would be: Do you actually like the Manning brothers?
I personally hate them, I don't even know why. Probs cause Peyton always goes on these long drives to win games and always succeeds. Oh, and I wish i had his money.

Out of the 2 bros, Peyton is def worth more cos he's a better QB. He's more polished. Eli still hs a long way to go and he seems to self-implode when the slightest bit of pressure comes his way. And the Giants have a running-based offense, unlke the Colts, who basically rely on Peyton to win them games. I'd be paying Peyton double what Eli gets.

is he worth more than brady, big ben, etc etc etc?

spose you cant do any more than lead your team to a sb win, but 'young' eli still has to improve a hell of a lot to be worth that much $$.

his inability to handle the conditions last sunday a glaring example of deficiencies that still exist in within his game

Peyton is definitely worth more.

Though Peyton signed his contract a long time ago.

Big Ben's is for even more than Peyton's. I don't think that is right.

If Flacco gets Baltimore up, no doubt he will get the same massive payday. It is just so important to have that franchise QB, all teams are keen to hang on to them when they get them.

What is the deal with making someone your franchise player? You have to pay them the average of the top 3 earners in that position? If so, the wages being paid to QB's everywhere has made it impossible to make an average QB a franchise player now. That is a lot of money! Some people were saying the Pats could do it with Cassel. They couldn't with that deal.

Didn't Peyton restructure and he's due somthing like $20M this year?

Anyhow, I never pay much attention to the headline figures. When it comes to contracts in the NFL it's hardly rare for a lesser player to get paid more than a more valuable player. This year's #1 pick will earn more than most next year without even playing a down. Timing is everything when comparing contracts.

Peyton is clearly worth more than his brother and if the two hit FA together I know which Manning teams would be ringing first.

Eli is a franchise QB but i don't think he is even that good and I don't think we're gonna see him get that much better than what he is. That being said, he is worth them breaking out a big contract to keep him and if that's what they thought they needed to spend then so be it. Stupid i think, but that's the Giants.

greennick....

if your franchise player happens to be the QB because they are so good, then all the money is worth it's weight in gold because finding franchise QBs is so hard and it's such an integral cornerstone of a team (qb).
Agreed. If he is that good! But with their being so many QB's getting paid so much, you are hardly going to franchise just a 'good' QB.

Was I right with how it works for a franchise player, you get paid the average of the top 3 in your position??

Didn't Peyton restructure and he's due somthing like $20M this year?

Anyhow, I never pay much attention to the headline figures. When it comes to contracts in the NFL it's hardly rare for a lesser player to get paid more than a more valuable player. This year's #1 pick will earn more than most next year without even playing a down. Timing is everything when comparing contracts.

Peyton is clearly worth more than his brother and if the two hit FA together I know which Manning teams would be ringing first.

Hit the nail right on the head there JD. :thumbsu:

I think we already know who is the next big QB in the NFL is.
Yep... FLACCO!!!

Worth? No... But in the end he will probably get more results for the Giants than Peyton did for the Colts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the deal with making someone your franchise player?

From Wiki

• An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. Exclusive franchise players cannot negotiate with other teams.
  • A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position in the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.
It is the team's choice whether it uses an exclusive or a non-exclusive franchise tag. While it may seem that a team would always choose the exclusive option, there are two reasons a team might prefer the non-exclusive option instead. The first is that the salary is based on the top 5 salaries of the previous year instead of the current year, which could be a significant difference. The second reason is that a team may want the opportunity for the two first-round draft picks they would receive if they lost their player.

Don't get all this Eli hate going around, he is still a good quarterback with at least ten years of football in him. He may not be up to his brother's standard, but he never really had the weapons his brother has (Specially weapons that don't shoot themselves). If the Giants happen to draft for a WR to help out Manning, you'll see a much more explosive offence that can win games and will help to win superbowls.

I don't think people hate him as such.

People probably enjoy seeing him fail because of the cirsumstances in which he was drafted and the perception he was very much trading on the 'Manning' name.

I know I do.

Peyton is better, but the NFL is about winning the superbowl. IMO Eli is a better clutch player and with the NFL being so close bar Detroit, Clutch QBs are the #1 thing in a team.

Edit: This is just making shit up after a sympathy vote

Don't get all this Eli hate going around, he is still a good quarterback with at least ten years of football in him. He may not be up to his brother's standard, but he never really had the weapons his brother has (Specially weapons that don't shoot themselves). If the Giants happen to draft for a WR to help out Manning, you'll see a much more explosive offence that can win games and will help to win superbowls.

I like E. Manning. I just don't think he deserves to be paid more than Tom Brady.

I like E. Manning. I just don't think he deserves to be paid more than Tom Brady.
Taking into account that both Peyton and Brady have taken relatively recent paycuts, which will reduce how much they are getting paid.

Taking another SB win for granted Zark?
Wait? When did I take a first SB for granted?

Eli has more time left and is in a better team. It is folly not to suggest that in all likelihood he will do more with the Giants than Peyton did for the Colts, even if it is 'just' to play in another SB, something Peyton has yet to do...

Wait? When did I take a first SB for granted?

Eli has more time left and is in a better team. It is folly not to suggest that in all likelihood he will do more with the Giants than Peyton did for the Colts, even if it is 'just' to play in another SB, something Peyton has yet to do...

If Eli leads the giants to 12+ wins for a NFL record amount of times, ill be very suprised.

Taking a whole lot for granted, given how vulnerable your team was without Plax. Im not sure you actually are that much of a better team.

If Eli leads the giants to 12+ wins for a NFL record amount of times, ill be very suprised.

Taking a whole lot for granted, given how vulnerable your team was without Plax. Im not sure you actually are that much of a better team.
Peyton has done SFA when it matters compared to Eli... ATM they both have 1 SB appearance and 1 SB win. I am not saying that Eli is better than Peyton, just that he will most likely (You do know what that means, as well as 'probably'?) experience more than Peyton.

Good for you... But that of course is just an opinion, just like mine. You DON'T think we are a better team overall than the Colts, despite having a consistently good running game and D? Peyton goes a far way with the passing game but it can only take you so far...

So basically, you ARE taking for granted another SB win then, because its really the only thing Eli could do to distinguish himself, because the Colts have had a sustained period of dominance in just about every way otherwise.

No, i dont think you're a better team. Didnt you finish with the same record this year, and both go one and out?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Is Eli Worth More Than Peyton?

Back