Is Firrito really crap?

Remove this Banner Ad

No, he actually isn't. You're wrong. Firrito is a better footballer than Roughhead; has shown more, has done more for the team - even when he has been played out of position due to necessity. Roughhead can't give the Hawks value for money playing in the position he was meant for, let alone filling in somewhere else like Firrito did this year.

Kicking 40+ goals as a 20 y.o playing up forward.
But you're right, Firrito has shown more as a player; a backman conceding more goals than any other. :rolleyes:
We're pretty happy with him and his performance.
If you want you can start a poll on who has shown more, be my guest to do so.

I said I didn't mind Firrito; he may well develop into a very solid player. But why even compare him to Roughead? Useless exercise. Not only is Roughead better, but he plays a completely different role.

Keep plodding champ.

Then how come he is the one breaking lines through halfback/the guts away from opposition forwards and creating opportunities? 0 skill? Watch some football.

0 skill is being kind. Under pressure he kicks like a mule - could go anywhere. But think what you like - he is a gun and should have won the Brownlow:rolleyes:

Hopefully he doesn't spend his career playing out of position, similar to that of Leo Barry.

Not a key defender at all, conceded the most goals in the competition this year by a fair margin, and that's playing in the fourth best side in the league.

More a rebounding back pocket type, good third man up. Kangas will be looking for Hansen to develop into the role Firrito played in 2007.

0 skill is being kind. Under pressure he kicks like a mule - could go anywhere. But think what you like - he is a gun and should have won the Brownlow:rolleyes:

So when your best forward kicks 2 goals 11 his kicking is perfect.
Seriously some of you Hawthorn folk need to get a grip on reality.
Firrito is not crap and you know it, get over the fact that you overlooked him when he could have been playing in the piss and poo colors.
And we are not looking to trade him unlike your 20yr old forward who goes missing when the going gets tough or rough and I am not talking about Buddy!

He played a few games as a 2nd defender and dominated his area. I have a crap memory with stuff like this, but I don't remember Glass being much chop at 22/23. He is a tough ****, he kicks like a mule and he gives everything at each contest. And Roughead? That bloke has nightmares about Spud. Carved him in Tassie and embarrased him in the in the final. I felt sorry for him.

He's my favorite, so I can't be expected to be even handed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never be in the class of Goodwin and Mitchell as suggested. I thought he looked quite good running around in the backline, be a handy tagger to bring in to do a job on someone.

If you followed Whorethorn, you'd know what he's like as a tagger. Ask Mitchell. He struggled toi get a kick on him. Or ask Daniel Kerr. :thumbsu::)

where are these stats on most conceded goals that everyone has seen?

I read them on Fox Sports.com in an article about Ben Rutten. Scarlett was #1 with 28 from 21 games. Firrito if I can remember was close to or over 60.

Besides it was mentioned time and again throughout the year by commentators, in fact whenever Firrito's name was mentioned for AA (God forbid).

Kicking 40+ goals as a 20 y.o playing up forward.
But you're right, Firrito has shown more as a player; a backman conceding more goals than any other. :rolleyes:
We're pretty happy with him and his performance.
If you want you can start a poll on who has shown more, be my guest to do so.

I said I didn't mind Firrito; he may well develop into a very solid player. But why even compare him to Roughead? Useless exercise. Not only is Roughead better, but he plays a completely different role.

Keep plodding champ.

LOL @ roughead.. he sucks big donkey balls

The best thing about Michael Firrito is that he has one of the best names in the AFL. It reminds me of a New York City cop....Detective Mike Firrito...say it with an American accent!!

I got the opinion that he was a pretty decent defender, obviously not incredibly gifted but tried his hardest and did pretty well. Then I read that he had the most goals kicked on him of any defender this year. Am I just watching the wrong games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Firrito really crap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back