bigburger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2008
Imagineland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton, WDCC, Force
Over the last week me and a few mates have convinced ourselves that Higgins is a keeper. At the start of the season I would have thought hes a Skipworth type who I'd probably give the flick soonish however so far he is having a very similar year to Porplyzia last season. Seeing as a shitload of people on Big Footy have him in their teams I thought I'd start a thread seeing peoples opinions of this. Is this unrealistic or is Higgins the geniune article?

To early to call. Wait till Bob Murphy comes back in, and he and Gia find some form - if he scores well then, he very well could be a keeper.

yeah too early to call. he is scoring well enough to be a keeper, but with a few other forwards out of not pulling their weight, lets see what happens. Either way he is gonna keep climbing that money ladder, so if he slows down in performance, it should be an easy trade to a premium.

If i was to guess i would say he will develop into a keeper.
- Huge preseason
- Midfield time
- Westys Number
- Showed huge talent before he got injured

If i was to guess i would say he will develop into a keeper.
- Huge preseason
- Midfield time
- Westys Number
- Showed huge talent before he got injured

Well Dangerfield must be a keeper too, since he got Rucciuto's number. If you have him as a forward then there is a good chance that if he can maintain his current output he is a keeper.

Well Dangerfield must be a keeper too, since he got Rucciuto's number. If you have him as a forward then there is a good chance that if he can maintain his current output he is a keeper.

lol. West was a club champion for west to give higgins his number he surely must see potential in the guy. Higgins will also want to perform since his wearing the 7. Higgins has also been in the system much longer than Dangerfield...

It'll probably come down to how many trades you have left at the end of the year. In my team, he will be a keeper, but that's only because I certainly have other playing rookies that will need to be upgraded first. I think the main thing with Higgins this year is that he is genuinely playing well. Not just scoring well for DT, but he's actually turning into a very good and important player for the Doggies. He doesn't look like he'll score much below 70, so I would think by the end of the year he'll have a 85-90 average. For me, that's worth keeping as a 7th forward, instead of using a trade.

lol. West was a club champion

And Roo wasn't? ;) Brownlow medalist even although Wanganeen was the best player in the AFL in 2003.

for west to give higgins his number he surely must see potential in the guy. Higgins will also want to perform since his wearing the 7.

That or the club wanted to validate their first round pick ;)

Higgins has also been in the system much longer than Dangerfield...

I was joking about dangerfield ;) he is 24 months away from being a DT player IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Maxwell has Nathan Buckley's number, big scoring potential.

No surprise he is your forward with the best average, this would be the same in most teams. Only like 3-4 forwards have better averages.
Cuts deep though when you made every effort to cut out extra cash so you could fit the likes of Pavlich, only to have him drop dramatically in price.

Higgins is a keeper in my opinion if you have him in the forward line - probably not if you have him in the midfield.

The beauty with him is that you can perhaps afford to make a few extra trades early on to fix your team up as he is one less upgrade that you have to worry about later on.

A keeper IMO is someone who is at the pointy end of averages in their position.

At the moment Higgins is doing that. So I see no reason to trade him out.

He is finding a lot of the ball and performed well even in a down game for his side - which speaks volumes.

I don't foresee trading him out

He's a midfielder for me, so almost certainly not at this stage. Even if he can average 95 for the next 10 rounds, by the time he peaks in price there is bound to be a better premium to upgrade to.

If he was a forward, then he may well be a keeper at 95ppg, but as mentioned it's far too early to call.

lol. West was a club champion for west to give higgins his number he surely must see potential in the guy. Higgins will also want to perform since his wearing the 7. Higgins has also been in the system much longer than Dangerfield...

Get on Xavier Clarke

My premiums are Buddy, Gia and Deledio and I am pretty hopeful that all 3 will come good. Buddy and Deledio in particular I think are only a game or 2 away from decent scores. Gia I am slightly more concerned with, but certainly wont be trading him out.

But yeah, Higgins wont be going anywhere.

May depend whether you have him in the mids or forwards. I picked him in the forwards and always hoped he would be a keeper there. Looking good so far! :thumbsu: If you have him in the mids, he's more likely gonna need to be upgraded, IMO.

No reason why he can't continue to play a similar role to the one Gia has played in previous years. It has obviously been a high scoring position within the Dogs system and one that solidified Gia as a keeper previous years. If he continues to play as he has and where he has then he most certainly can average 90 or a little more for the year. Which indeed makes him a keeper in the forwards IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Higgins a keeper?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back