Is Higgins a keeper?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you've been affected by injuries thus far, then you'll probably be forced to keep him.

FWIW, considering he is currently one of the most popular players I think he will be in a lot of sides at the end of the season. That's not to say you should keep him, but it is something to keep in mind.

I'll keep him if he averages 85+ which looks likely at the moment. Upgrading to someone like Richo would only net you ~20ppg, so if you're considering upgrading him you'd want to do it in the next few weeks to maximise the value of the trade.

It depends on who you can get as your 7th forward.

If it's someone who is a supreme premium, then that's ok to get rid of him.

I have the niggling feeling that with injuries this year, everyone is going to have to make sacrifices in their final squad. Higgins seems to be a very easy accommodation in this regard.

I'll take you on. I don't think Higgins will reach 400k.

Aren't you the one who's always talking about trading early and trading hard? I'd like to see your team.

Higgins would have to average 106 from now on to break 400k. If he did this, he would break it in about rounds 10-12. Oh, and even if he was to do this, it would be fairly irrelevent IMO, since he would be a keeper.

I am going to recommend a FANTASTIC site to you that is tooserious.net

Go to this site, sign up, then click 'Main', then click 'Dreamteam', then 'Western Bulldogs' then scroll down to higgins and click the little calulator next to his name. Punch in some numbers and click 'recalculate salaries'. Have a play around with this and you will greatly increase your understanding of price fluctuations. Very good tool for managing your team and thinking about your upgrades.

Now walesy, surely i deserve a gold star for that plug????
Well on his way to averaging 106 :p

Hille going down this week has almost forced him to become a keeper. But i have confidence in him becoming a keeper. Hoping for 85+ average.

Completely team dependent on whether or not he is a keeper. If he continues this sort of form he is without a doubt a keeper. As has been stated the amount of injuries you've copped will play a large role. Personally i've already used three trades on injuries (Buckley, Anthony and Simmonds) with Hille and Skipworth going down I don't think I will have enough trades to upgrade him anyway. I'm perfectly happy for him to be my 7th forward if he averages ~85 from this point on.

Looking more and more like a keeper, but can he keep it up when Cooney is back? He's performed well above expectations thus far anyway. I was planning/hoping for an 80 average, then upgrade. So far he has been way above that, and I may not have to upgrade him depending on how the season pans out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely a keeper after the injury issues ive suffered. Houlihan is pretty much a keeper for me also unless i miraculously have a good run of avoiding injurys.

Looking more and more like a keeper, but can he keep it up when Cooney is back? He's performed well above expectations thus far anyway. I was planning/hoping for an 80 average, then upgrade. So far he has been way above that, and I may not have to upgrade him depending on how the season pans out.

Cooney coming back into the fold should have no effect on Higgins as they do not play the same role, Cooney is that bursting player that is used in spurts. For the last 5 games, hes been playing the Brad Johnson role from 2000-2004 where he would play midfield and push CHF. Question you got to ask is what happens when we get Welsh/Aker back, but yer, cooney should have no effect.

Well that's good to hear. I just figured they're both guys who rotate through midfield and forward, and as good as Higgins is, Cooney is absolute quality (reigning Brownlow medalist!) and that might have meant less TOG for Higgins? Even if it was only minor change. Doesnt matter anyway, as you would know your team alot better than I do, so I'll take your word for it :D

Higgins is looking like a keeper now after all these injuries hitting.

Most people have 5 or 6 LTI trades. Well i do and i think most others would aswell.

Theirs already been plenty of LTI's
D.Hille
Raines
Anthony
Dalziell (now)
Cooney
Boomer Harvey
Richo (unusre extent of injury)

and many others

Alot of the 5 or 6 LTI trades have already been used.

I think players such as Higgins, Adcock, Macintosh defiatnly become keepers. Whilst it has to be considered whether or not Krakouer, Houlihan types are also keepers.

While higgins avg's 90+ and keeps scoring 100's than their is no reason to upgrade him

I do reckon it will be difficult for him to get the 400k but he is one of the top forwards of the year so far regardless of price. Impossible to have picked anything better in his spot.

I'll keep him all year if he keeps knocking out the 100s.

Yeah I'm burning trades fast. Stupid Didak and I should not have sacked Bock for Lake. Silly trade. I think I'm learning heaps about DT and not doing to bad ranked around 14000.

Depends how he goes with both burgers back in action.

No, they haven't and for me will not effect Nathans score at all. Both play midfield, Krakouer plays across half back. The only issue with Krakouer is what he will be like under some attention. He is a very effective player across half back, breaks the lines, can do special things and his kicking skills and decision making is pretty good for the most part. Dangerous player and i think will get more and more attention if his form continues.

McQualter went to him in the first quarter on the weekend but i think due to the score line, Lyon may have just given everyone a free run. Time will tell but for me personally, i am planning on upgrading him at some stage though not in the anytime soon unless his form dips.

Higgins has more strings to his bow and definitely the better option at this stage. Both do have their injury issue in the past but hopefully that doesn't pop up this year for either.

Does anyone else get the feelinf Higgins has taken Gia's role and Eade prefers him?

I dont think Krak is a keeper, he and Houlihan will be straight swap/minor upgrades.

Looking at Krak to Didak in bout 4-5 weeks.

Does anyone else get the feelinf Higgins has taken Gia's role and Eade prefers him?

I dont think Krak is a keeper, he and Houlihan will be straight swap/minor upgrades.

Looking at Krak to Didak in bout 4-5 weeks.

Higgins is looking very good - and the best thing is he is doing it in both winning and losing sides. The fact he is getting midfield time and not relying on a good day out for the doggies is importnant.

I know cooney will come back in - but at present he'd be the doggies second most damaging midfielder (behind cooney)

Will also look at upgrading Krak - but tempted to go Richo should the old man plummet like i hope - he will be a risk of soft tissue injury - but the upside is huge. Not to mention his final game will be on the open expanses of subiaco oval - where he should take about 25 marks.

Higgins is looking very good - and the best thing is he is doing it in both winning and losing sides. The fact he is getting midfield time and not relying on a good day out for the doggies is importnant.

I know cooney will come back in - but at present he'd be the doggies second most damaging midfielder (behind cooney)

Will also look at upgrading Krak - but tempted to go Richo should the old man plummet like i hope - he will be a risk of soft tissue injury - but the upside is huge. Not to mention his final game will be on the open expanses of subiaco oval - where he should take about 25 marks.

will also be looking at this trade in around 2 weeks time. krak should get to 310-320k by then and hopefuly richo will come down to 360-380k. will be in the top 3 forwards by years end and should average 105+ so it looks like a nice trade.

people are saying krak may be a keeper. well he might for those with big injury lists but i think il trade him for richo in a couple of weeks. krak should average 85 and richo 105 so a 20 point difference. il get him in round 8. 14x20=280 points il make for the year with the trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Higgins a keeper?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back