Is it just me or does Danger fwd remind you of Gaz Snr?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett Snr in his prime was lighting quick.
A mate of mine is from a Rugby background, but club doc for an interstate AFL team past 7 years, and I sent him a 90 mins GAS highlights reel. He could not believe what he saw, the speed, the power, the marking, the long goals off both feet. He particularly commented on the lightning speed and momentum.

I've mentioned on here before that I went to KP and watched Geelong play Sydney in a practice match, Ablett wasn't officially a Cat yet, he was still tied to Hawthorn. I was only able to watch the first half. He was on the wing and kicked something like 2.6 for the half. He was bombing them from everywhere on both feet. After I got home from work, I was talking with my mad Cats supporting mum and she asked me how the match had gone. I said to her that I hope Hawthorn lets us have Ablett.

As for Warnie, as a cricket tragic who played a lot in Geelong 1st grade and around the country once I joined the Navy, if Warnie was bowling, if I could, I'd drop everything and just sit there mesmerised watching him do his thing. I don't think I've sat down and watched more than 10 consecutive minutes of any form of cricket since he retired, it just doesn't hold my interest like footy still does. I don't think we'll ever see the likes of Warnie again bowling.

Hadn't heard that anecdote before; you're lucky to have got a glimpse of the great man before he was officially a Cat - I remember the first time I saw him play but I'd have to check the records to date it properly.
Glad my Warnie comparison wasn't entirely dismissed!
Cheers HHH; hope the big Hawaii 5-0 goes well for you :)

Hadn't heard that anecdote before; you're lucky to have got a glimpse of the great man before he was officially a Cat - I remember the first time I saw him play but I'd have to check the records to date it properly.
Glad my Warnie comparison wasn't entirely dismissed!
Cheers HHH; hope the big Hawaii 5-0 goes well for you :)

For my birthday? I'm actually away working a 2 / 1 roster in the WA mines, so I'll be at work ( I may actually take the day off and have a lie in.)

There is not one part of Dangers game that resembles anything like Gazza
What about the explosive acceleration and bursting through tackles? GAS did not evade, he burst through, sheer power, and Danger does that

What about the explosive acceleration and bursting through tackles? GAS did not evade, he burst through, sheer power, and Danger does that
Yeah I'd agree with that.
The only other area they are comparable is at contests.

So often we see players run to a contest and hang around it. Both danger and Snr are / were not satisfied with that. If they got to a contest they just had to find a way to make an impact.

Oh I don't disagree ..I saw enough of Sr to know that. ..just not on a different level to a guy like Danger who himself was lightning quick at his best and fittest. I don't think Sr ever did the GF sprint.. I wonder if he was ever measured over 50 or 100.
I would have thought danger is quicker.
On the GF sprint. Geoff did win a stack of them so there is a form line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be interesting to run the two of them against each other in the old coach's test "toss the ball out and see who brings it back".

The interesting part would be seeing whether Danger got any wins out of 10; I wouldn't bet on it.

Though, of course, Gazza is 56 years old now.

It would be interesting to run the two of them against each other in the old coach's test "toss the ball out and see who brings it back".

The interesting part would be seeing whether Danger got any wins out of 10; I wouldn't bet on it.

Though, of course, Gazza is 56 years old now.
Gazza would be out suspended after the first one though.

Both equally quick
Both very strong in a marking contest
Both put the fear of god if left one one one inside 50
Both competitive beasts
Ablett way more freakish ability
Danger bigger tank
Similar size.

No.. But that mustache he's sporting is a shocker!

Have a shave son!
1a1a52fc76fed01539f3c1d170a3b05c

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or does Danger fwd remind you of Gaz Snr?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back