Is it worth picking up Jude Bolton for our Midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

jsg_magpies

Draftee
Oct 1, 2007
Lexus Centre
AFL Club
Collingwood
you cant deny it, jude Bolton is a class act. An in and under footballer who would slot nicely into Collingwood's midfield.

Since Scott burns has only 1 year left, Bolton would be a handy replacement but our pick in the PSD is at 14.

your thoughts?

Hmm, good player but no i wouldn't consider it because he is 27/28 and he would just be taking up a youngster's spot and would stall the development of Stanley- who i think will step up next season and begin to show signs of taking over from Burns.

Another reason would be that he would NOT get to us via the PSD and he will be at Sydney considering trade week is over.

Would take him in a second. No he wouldnt take a spot, or stop the development of a youngster such as Stanley. Thats how these guys develop, by competing for spots, with older better players. If youngsters just get to walk into the team the develop much slower.

Would take him in a second. No he wouldnt take a spot, or stop the development of a youngster such as Stanley. Thats how these guys develop, by competing for spots, with older better players. If youngsters just get to walk into the team the develop much slower.
Fair point, however, he is 28 next season, do we really need him? We have put our faith into the kids and have already prepared for the next generation- it would not seem logical to draft someone like Jude. We already have Burns and Wakelin playing on for one more season so by 2009 these youngsters will be ready to step up.

Like i said i would be against drafting Jude Bolton because he will just take up a spot on our list that could be used for developing a kid and because he would effectively have 3 good years at most in him. A kid could potentially have 10. He isn't what we need at the present time ( in terms of age).

you cant deny it, jude Bolton is a class act. An in and under footballer who would slot nicely into Collingwood's midfield.

Since Scott burns has only 1 year left, Bolton would be a handy replacement but our pick in the PSD is at 14.

your thoughts?
No, it would be like going backward.Today's footy is all about injecting speed and athletisism in your team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it worth picking up Jude Bolton for our Midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back