Is Puopolo underrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

They hardly get a mention because there's nothing to say about them. Ordinary players, just like Poppy. Making up the numbers in a good team in an era of poor teams. GOAT...lol.

Shiels? Yeah very ordinary player that would be a walk up start top 5 player at the Saints. If we want to talk underrated Shiels is the most underrated player I can think of.

image.jpg

Overrated, underrated, couldn't give two fat hairy shits. Love the Pop, love what he brings to the table, and is now a triple Premiership player. That's all that matters.

are they same day? Would like to see production dates but reckon I could find a buyer if you're giving them away.

If he had've been drafted to a struggling club he wouldn't be on an AFL list right now. He's found a role at Hawthorn that is good for him and the club. Wouldn't make a lot of other teams best 22 and would be the perfect scapegoat at a lot of other clubs before eventually being delisted after playing an 'inconsistent' 50 games over 3/4 seasons.

If he had've been drafted to a struggling club he wouldn't be on an AFL list right now. He's found a role at Hawthorn that is good for him and the club. Wouldn't make a lot of other teams best 22 and would be the perfect scapegoat at a lot of other clubs before eventually being delisted after playing an 'inconsistent' 50 games over 3/4 seasons.

I think you've summed him up well. Hawks can carry him, most teams couldn't, or wouldn't.

I just have a small question for anyone that does not barrack for hawthorn. What is your opinion on paul puopolo?

Many people i have met say puopolo does no where near enough as he should do on the field. Much like rioli (apparently). Some have even said he isn't in the best 22 at hawthorn. The idea of this question came to me when i watched a highlights reel for his 2015 season and it was outstanding. So feel free to discuss

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2015-11-02/season-review-paul-puopolo
Not by me ... after watching him play for Norwood i was very much hoping the Crows would grab him for the pressure forward role but we missed out and the Hawks snaffled him up . He fits very well within their system . Ducks as good as anyone .

I think you've summed him up well. Hawks can carry him, most teams couldn't, or wouldn't.

Teams like yours????

Probably why your club has won one flag since 1897, the worst record in history.

It's exactly player like Puopolo that puts Hawks on track to go for 4 in a row.

Think about it like this sunshine. Saints had the greatest CHF of the modern era and the best midfield group of Hayes, Goddard, Montagna, etc. the list goes on. Yet when they rocked up on GF day they also had Eddy, Ray, Dawson....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks supporters seem to think he fills a hole in their side. Most others think he's pretty average. There are quite a few sides he couldn't get a game in.

Hawks supporters seem to think he fills a hole in their side. Most others think he's pretty average. There are quite a few sides he couldn't get a game in.
Out of interest which sides are they?

I guess we'll find out when Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne, Roughead, etc... retire.
As has been said, no one rates him as a "superstar" - just very good at his role, and as he'll be 28 in a months time it's quite possible his retirement or at least expiration date with Hawthorn is fairly imminent. Would not be surprised if he hangs up the boots or is moved on before those guys all retire. I'd certainly expect Roughead and Lewis to out last him. Even Mitchell seems likely to play on longer despite his age.

Jed Anderson asked for a trade for a reason. Puopolo.
He wouldn't get a game at the club's you speak of because those clubs currently value having a young list in the hope they build a team that contends in future.
Very deserving 3 x premiership player.

Disagree.
If drafted to a struggling club he would be flourishing even more than he has at Hawthorn.
Would be a walk up start in any teams best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Puopolo underrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back