Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool fc
How good was it to see the whole auditorium going off their nut for Richo to win Charlie?

I am quite sure that everyone at home (except for Doggie supporters) was also going for the great man?

I can't remember a more universally loved player ever.

The way he joked it off was typical Richo, hats off to you Richoman!

P.S - Congratulations to Cooney. Also should mention his great acceptence speach. Was the best I can remember.

Yep,

It's funny, go back a few years ago, he was an extremely popular target to bag but recently thats spun around and now everyone loves him!

Just a top bloke!

How good was it to see the whole auditorium going off their nut for Richo to win Charlie?

I am quite sure that everyone at home (except for Doggie supporters) was also going for the great man?

I can't remember a more universally loved player ever.

The way he joked it off was typical Richo, hats off to you Richoman!

P.S - Congratulations to Cooney. Also should mention his great acceptence speach. Was the best I can remember.

Definately.
Seems like a good bloke. Also helps that Tigers have never achieved anything over past few decades, so there is no jealousy like with a Hird. Also, everyone loves his kicking for goal and dummy spits. Legend!

To be honest ever since the famous hands in the back incident against Essendon last year, when he played with the broken cheekbone, everyone has loved him, think that was the turning point.

Dead set legend of the game. So humble every time he speaks and wears his heart on his sleeve.:thumbsu:

Would have been great for him to win but congrats to Cooney. He's friggin hilarious, top speech.

Yep,

It's funny, go back a few years ago, he was an extremely popular target to bag but recently thats spun around and now everyone loves him!

Just a top bloke!

He's still a popular person to bag
His kicking never changes lol

Heard people say he's a big head. I doubt they've ever met him
Never met anyone least like that.

He'll win it next year when he's 34 :thumbsu:

gotta love Richo's work, always entertaining.

congrats to Cooney, after listening to his speech, you just thank god he's a gun footballer. maybe had voss like media training.

I used to bag him but love him now. I think that hands in the back decision was a turning point for me. It was just heart breaking and he showed it. He also doesn't take himself too seriously which is good.

Well done to both of them. Amazing that Richo has had such a popularity swing in the latter years of his career, after being a bit of a maligned player for so long. I was disappointed he couldn't win, but it was great to see a young man like Cooney win the award.

He's still a popular person to bag
His kicking never changes lol

Heard people say he's a big head. I doubt they've ever met him
Never met anyone least like that.

He'll win it next year when he's 34 :thumbsu:

I met him at a Pro am golf day and also a few times when he has been out clubbing.

He is one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet and is very down to earth.

One of the times i watched a moronis drunk idiot continually egg him on to do something stupid but he just gave him the Richo grin and wouldn't have a bar of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gotta love Richo's work, always entertaining.

congrats to Cooney, after listening to his speech, you just thank god he's a gun footballer. maybe had voss like media training.

Are you kidding? Cooney is a natural, Voss can barely string two words together.

I love Richo 4 eva!!!

Seriously, nearly a fairytale ending to an awesome brownlow...

Still, very proud of the big man - good to see other teams supporters finally giving Richo the respect this CHAMPION has ALWAYS deserved!!!

should have given him the 3 votes anyway, would have been one of the best moments, love the way he just plays his footy, wearing his heart on his sleeve and puts in everything!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Richo the most popular player ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back