Analysis Is Rocky the Right Man for the Job?

Is Rocky the Right Man for the Job?

• Yes

Votes: 68 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowsers...... I think petroro talking in the media is setting up a Mexican standoff.

Not sure on that... very much in Rocky's favour..He's contracted till the end of next year, then becomes a FA.

it would certainly be a farcically ironic situation if a club that had a previous history of losing players it wanted to retain and now couldn't get rid of players it wanted to move on.

Or perhaps it will all just somehow work out for the best...for everyone. What do I know anyway? I just want a good, happy, united, positive, improving club. Whatever has to happen to bring that about.

it would certainly be a farcically ironic situation if a club that had a previous history of losing players it wanted to retain and now couldn't get rid of players it wanted to move on.

Or perhaps it will all just somehow work out for the best...for everyone. What do I know anyway? I just want a good, happy, united, positive, improving club. Whatever has to happen to bring that about.
agree, i am all for Rocky staying if-

1) the rumors flying around are false.
2) if the rumors are true the new senior coach has a very serious chat with Rocky re his role at the club going forward and Rocky buys into his plan wholeheartedly.

if the new coach can not be satisfied that the team can go into 2017 in a positive fashion with Rocky on board, move him on.

note- the same goes for Pearce Hanley or any other disruptive influences.

From that article: “Tommy and Leppa had a really good chat on Monday night (hours after he was sacked) ... they had a really good relationship,” he said.

Rockliff on radio Tuesday morning: "I tried to call him yesterday... his phone was off at the time, so I haven't spoken to him as yet."

Someone's not got their story straight, dang!

From that article: “Tommy and Leppa had a really good chat on Monday night (hours after he was sacked) ... they had a really good relationship,” he said.

Rockliff on radio Tuesday morning: "I tried to call him yesterday... his phone was off at the time, so I haven't spoken to him as yet."

Nice work!

Wowsers...... I think petroro talking in the media is setting up a Mexican standoff.

It's a win win for him

Option 1: rocky stays - next year free agency - he gets a big pay out

Option 2: club pushes for trade - message is out there saying "rocky wants to stay" but club is pushing him out now. On top of that - rocky handpicks a club to go to, Brisbane wants to trade for highest bid, again the club can be made to look like mistreating a captain who wanted to stay in first place.

Well played indeed by the player manager.

Not a huge factor though, Leppa confirmed that he and Rockliff had talked and also backed his captaincy on the footy show.

b6fb76442311453623e4353dd1a49573.jpg

It's a win win for him

Option 1: rocky stays - next year free agency - he gets a big pay out

Option 2: club pushes for trade - message is out there saying "rocky wants to stay" but club is pushing him out now. On top of that - rocky handpicks a club to go to, Brisbane wants to trade for highest bid, again the club can be made to look like mistreating a captain who wanted to stay in first place.

Well played indeed by the player manager.

Yep very much in Rocky's favour... Doesn't have to agree to a trade..

Not sure Rocky would have been in any fit state to talk to Leppa on Monday night:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man I'm getting sick of the constant speculation about key players staying or leaving every other day.
We had multiple years of it with Aish.
We had another year of it with Squizzy.

Looks like we're starting next year early for Rocky.

/vent

Could ..Still have to pay his contract out..Not sure the AFL would be too impressed...
If the club is adamant about moving him on, they will and without the prospect of paying him. I would think it would be put to him that if he insists on staying, he better get used to playing at Coorparoo. Players want to play, and if that means moving on, he will.

If the club is adamant about moving him on, they will and without the prospect of paying him. I would think it would be put to him that if he insists on staying, he better get used to playing at Coorparoo. Players want to play, and if that means moving on, he will.
Absolutely no chance he plays reserves and rightly so. He either goes or plays for the senior team I would have thought. No point making him hate the place.

Absolutely no chance he plays reserves and rightly so. He either goes or plays for the senior team I would have thought. No point making him hate the place.
If he stays, then the club wasn't adamant about it.
If the club is adamant about moving him on
If they are that serious that delisting comes into the equation, then the threat of not playing him would well and truly come into the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back