is st kilda the outright least successful sporting club in australia's history?

Remove this Banner Ad

edar 07

Team Captain
May 4, 2007
Malvern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
well i'm just going to put it out there, not sure what we'll find but here goes.

i am going to ask this one question. is there a less successful sporting club (any sport) throughout australia than the dreadful st kilda saints? now, in the context of this debate i'm going to say the pool of clubs includes both professional and amateur, that should give those sainters a nice oppurtunity to discredit this thread. but i will put one limitation; the sporting club has to have existed for more than 25 years.

i think the above sets a clear and fair outline for the question being asked.

im going to answer your question with another question...

Has their ever been a bigger bandwagon than this years hawks team

Revenue for jumpers -> 700% up
memberships -> sky rocket
when team almost merged where were all there supporters??
has their ever been more number 23s on brand new jumpers ever???

That's generally a by product of success....so naturally I'd expect you saints fans to be skeptical of the "bandwagon" effect

at the camberwell civic centre stopping us from merging with pathetic melbourne you tool.

i'd also like to point out that the following year hawthorn became the first ever club to break the 30,000 members mark despite finishing last. quite an emphatic response to a club's adversity you banana.

so now that i've answered your "question" i.e deflection, why don't you answer mine.

i put it to you to find a more unsuccessful club than yours. c'mon, you've got a pretty good shot, it's not as though i'm asking for a narrow interpretation, i actually couldn't have been broader.

do you rate success as premierships alone

or does team of cetury players count?
brownlow medals?
club history?
a club that has lasted for over 100 years?

just a question edgar how long were u pulling your own chain whilst researching about the saints and exploding all over your keyboard whilst writting your question??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another team wearing the same colours, but in another code, the North Sydney Bears, would have to be close!

Their only premierships (even minor premierships!) were in 1921/22 (a longer drought than the Swans had...unbroken, since they no longer play in the NRL) and only GF appearance since was in 1943. 9 wooden spoons (I think the old Western Suburbs Magpies had more).

well i'm just going to put it out there, not sure what we'll find but here goes.

i am going to ask this one question. is there a less successful sporting club (any sport) throughout australia than the dreadful st kilda saints? now, in the context of this debate i'm going to say the pool of clubs includes both professional and amateur, that should give those sainters a nice oppurtunity to discredit this thread. but i will put one limitation; the sporting club has to have existed for more than 25 years.

World history. Over 110 years with only one successful championship. They are a blight on the game. It makes me really feel for those poor Fitzroy supporters.

Now your side has won a flag.
What are you doing on bigfooty baiting innocent St Kilda supporters?
Where are your mates?
Did they go to the pub and not invite you?

You're a sad, insignificant human being.

http://www.lifeline.org.au/

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?

at least the geelong supportes had a leg to stand on tho they have the players and backups.. few injuries will spell the end for the hawks team and a big injury to hodge, bateman, roughhead or franklin and they become nothing

Well one things for sure, this thread is yet more proof that Hawthorn is now the most successful club at breeding arrogant f***wit bandwagon supporters with no respect for other clubs.
Exactly, they have out ****witted the Geelong supporters already, and it hasnt even been a week!

Remove this Banner Ad

is st kilda the outright least successful sporting club in australia's history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back