Is the Eagles list as bad as we thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

End of the day both teams were completely ravaged by injury and whatever else which explains the extremely poor performances those years, not sure what the point of having a pissing contest over who's year was worse is?

Of course we found it funny, just like you found our 2022 and 23 funny, and again why us belting you last week was even funnier, it's the nature of the rivalry you don't need to take it personally.

Who was saying it's unfair? The blame was always directed at the club and staff for mismanagement
yes both clubs were ravaged by injury.

But When you had certain posters like DanWA sinking the boots in, well.... You could say....

Well one of my Favourite Singers or artists of all time Is Gloria Estefan. one of my favourite songs from her is Cuts Both ways.

I mean you might find it funny about Freo losing to your mob considering where your team is at. But the roles have been reversed. There has been occasions where Freo has beaten the eagles in the derby when freo were struggling and eagles were good.

Sometimes you gotta take it personally. Because some of your eagles posters can sling abuse but cant take it.

And one of those mods fits the bill of Banning me and giving me infractions on the most poxy or most petty thing. lol

I wont name that mod though.

I rarely sink the boots in certain side. I just got sick and tired about hearing all this bulls**t about the eagles or crows are never down for long.

Hell I got banned on certain eagles threads on here for telling the truth. lol

I might mellow out if the dockers win a flag.... maybe.

Congrats for only being consistently not good not rarely really s**t?
Yeah.....

If you wanna tolerate what the swans went through in 1992-1994. then go right ahead. If you wanna know the swans win count in 1992-4......

1992: Swans got 3 wins

1993: Swans got 1 win

1994: swans got 4 wins.

I wouldn't celebrate to much
Eagles still have a very old list

To use North as comparison
Players over 30+

North - 2
Greenwood & Shiels

Eagles - 6
Darling, McGovern, Cripps, Yeo, Kelly, Gaff

Then breaking down the 25-29 year olds
the Eagles have heaps of players in that bracket.

So I think the rebuild hasn't even began properly they are like North in 2020.

Players over 30+

North - 2
Greenwood & Shiels

Eagles - 6

But Geelong

Players over 30+

North - 2
Greenwood & Shiels

Eagles - 6

You have somewhere to be halfway through that post? :drunk:
1714061784597.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um..... Freo beat the eagles in the early derby of 2015....

Both teams made top 4.

Try again my mate!
West Coast were shizenhousin all 2013 & 2014. Where as Freo had their best 2 years in a row then. Eagles were not considered a good team yet at round 3, especially after losing their best 2 defenders in Brown and McKenzie for the year. So I still says a good try there buddy.

Players over 30+

North - 2
Greenwood & Shiels

Eagles - 6

Eagles have heaps of players between 25 and 29?

Well Kelly is one who isnt over 30 sure.

Its a hole in the list ATM actually. 27 to 29.

The difference is we have a core premiership players who have been injured and to an extent shamed. They all look much fitter and swittched on this season. And now surounded by quality kids who all got development games much earlier than normal.

Eagles are nothing like North, no matter what era.

Players over 30+

North - 2
Greenwood & Shiels

Eagles - 6

Why would we want to use the worst team in AFL history as our comparison and desired state?

North having 2 30+ players is your core problem, not something to brag about. Norths next step is to get 3 or so 30+ players of their own in reality.

I think the rebuild is 2 drafts in and so far we have found I think about 7 of our bedt 22 already for next flag in Hough, Hewett, Reid, Brockman, Long, Maric and Ginbey and then we got I think 3 very likely candidates in Johnston, Burgiel and Bazzo injured/yet to debut. Hall/Barnett/J.Williams/Chesser still up in the air

2 more drafts of this nature + some free agents to rpeplace the Yeo, McGovern, Kellys of the world and we are on our way

20 minutes into the Richmond v West Coast game there were posts in that game thread that the Eagles were distorting the competition, they were desperate for priority picks, it skews the ladder, this is the worst side we've seen, etc.

About 6 quarters on and now people are high on the Eagles prospects.

It is ridiculous how reactionary Bigfooty is to short term changes in fortunes.

The Eagles still have a while to go but they are doing what they need to in acquiring the top end talent to compete. As long as they keep doing that, in 2-3 years they're probably filled with good young talent.

Yeo, Kelly, McGovern are probably in danger of missing/declining due to their age so they will need to be replaced.

20 minutes into the Richmond v West Coast game there were posts in that game thread that the Eagles were distorting the competition, they were desperate for priority picks, it skews the ladder, this is the worst side we've seen, etc.

The Eagles still have a while to go but they are doing what they need to in acquiring the top end talent to compete. As long as they keep doing that, in 2-3 years they're probably filled with good young talent.

Yeo, Kelly, McGovern are probably in danger of missing/declining due to their age so they will need to be replaced.
Its important we can find some free agents and young trade talents to top it off. This rebuild woill collapse without us finding those mature replacements for Yeo Kelly and McGovern. Im confident though that unlike others we can entice these type of players over.

We hadnt seen it work at the time, confidence and belief in a game plan is huge for such a young group, and now they have it

A few more decent performances will go a long way to enticing any players across, along with the salary cap space. We probably have at least 2 more solid years from Yeo and Gov, and 3-4 from Kelly, by that time im sure we will have at least a couple of older players added along with the kids starting to go into their 4/5th years so they wont be so reliant on the older players doing most of the heavy lifting

Players over 30+

North - 2
Greenwood & Shiels

Eagles - 6

So you count Tim Kelly (29y 8m old) as 30+ but not Aidan Corr (29y 11m old)?

That wasn't the case in 2023.

It sure as hell wasn't the case in 2022.

ghostbat12 will tell you otherwise
Harley Reid clearly by a country mile already worth it. Eagles were not going to win a premiership in those years and premierships are really all that matters in the history.

You need to tye a rubber band around your door knob until it goes purple like your Purple Footballer Eater team until it falls off so you can finally justify all that bish-ramblin you constantly dribble for the sake of attention.

The media, online social media, humans are reactionary by nature. It's recency bias. Few Eagles fans are as optimistic to expect finals this year, but to at least question the narrative we're stuck in a wilderness for many years is fair imo.

Btw the WA bants is a refreshing change from the Vic ones.

Our list was never as bad as the media made it out to be due to injuries/Covid but we were certainly trending in the wrong direction. This has been addressed and we've seen a bump in performance but the real test comes when the likes of McGovern / Yeo / Darling all retire. We're not ready for that yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the Eagles list as bad as we thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back