Is the Eagles list as bad as we thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you watched them against Peel on the weekend, there’s not much underneath.

Depth is not there…need another couple of drafts and they desperately need to replace McFatty, Barrass, Cripps, Yeo etc…Reid is only one man.

Perhaps discounting the last draft with Williams and Hewett, their recruitment team could reach into a bag of vaginas and find a 3 inch length.

The one year there’s a Dusty/Judd clone they finish bottom…irritating

Good old Lach72, how is your sore butt from last weekend? Still cussing every time a fan with an Eagles shirt walks past this week?:joycat:

McFatty plays for your mob buddy. ;) :thumbsu:

And this old photo does him justice, last weekend you could see the rolls of stomach fat on Darcy.

Give him a couple of weeks and he will be out with a leg injury AGAIN carrying that extra 20 kgs of blubber.

1713825016687.png

Still have to find replacements for Kelly, Yeo, McGovern, Barrass, Darling, Cripps, Hunt and Sheed in the next 2-3 years which is the worry.
Reid is a superstar already which will ease the pain but I'm still not sold on the Eagles after 2 wins at home, one of those against a team widely considered bottom 4 material with a stack of injuries.
Surely as the viccos would have it, we automatically win all home games as our home game advantage is a plus ten goals - then we win half our away games because the away disadvantage is only minus one and go on to get top four and cruise into the gf because of unearned home advantage regardless of whether we finish 1,2,3 or 4.

Funked if I know how a wooden spoon figures into that or how freo have played finals what? 7 times or something. But they seem convinced of this miracle of trying to reverse engineer a justification for mcg clubs getting gf’s at their home ground that we hardly ever get to play on.

Good old Lach72, how is your sore butt from last weekend? Still cussing every time a fan with an Eagles shirt walks past this week?:joycat:

And this old photo does him justice, last weekend you could see the rolls of stomach fat on Darcy.

Give him a couple of weeks and he will be out with a leg injury AGAIN carrying that extra 20 kgs of blubber.

View attachment 1967868
e190c8c9-a84c-45f3-aaa9-1c6b80ea2b0f_text.gif

View attachment 1967868

Oh you snippy bitch

It's not a good list, what's happened is Harley Reid is so good he has brought out the very best of those around him. He is clearly their best player after just 6 games and has lifted the entire team. The difference with Judd's initial impact is there is no Cox, Kerr or Cousins equivalent alongside him...

It's not a good list, what's happened is Harley Reid is so good he has brought out the very best of those around him. He is clearly their best player after just 6 games and has lifted the entire team. The difference with Judd's initial impact is there is no Cox, Kerr or Cousins equivalent alongside him...
He is not our best player after six games, you saw who won the medal for best player on the day, yeah? Barrass was also immense, Waterman kicked five goals. Yes, he looks like he will be our best player, he certainly seems to lift a few players up around him, but let's not pretend we won those two games on his efforts alone. The team just isn't as bad as many thought.

At this point, you'd think we'd beat North and Hawks at home as well as at least one other home game against an Essendon or Adelaide. Maybe an away win against North or Hawks (can't recall the exact fixtures). So five or more wins could be on the cards.

Last edited:
Not ideal to be be fair, but I look for small moments…not a lot going on there, apart from Zane Trew.

I reckon that kid might be a bit unlucky when he gets delisted
It's just difficult to assess first and second year players, who are expected to carry the load, when they're playing against seasoned WAFL players. Most still have at least 2+ years in the gym before they put on the appropriate size.

Things would likely look a lot better if they were surrounded by senior WAFL bodies as opposed to a couple of state league players and a bunch of ammos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGuts, Kelly, Barrass, Yeo and Allen are all better than Reid. He's having a major influence though, very rare for a kid to have such a (physical) presence and aura

There list still needs a fair bit of attention.

However I really respect the way they are managing the rebuild/transition. Looks like all of the key pillars are on the same page, not jumping at shadows, and ready to cop a lot of heat for a couple of seasons. Our board and coach should take note.

* me. What a stupid thread.

We've had a couple of wins, 1 against a side without a forward line who thought they'd win by showing up and another against a half strength richmond.

If we can stay healthy, we'll win another couple of games, maybe even a handful but expect the performances to drop off in the 2nd half of the season.

Theres always someone from every club to post cringe s**t on the main board isnt there?
Couldn't agree more, 100% stupid cringeworthy thread.

Jake Waterman is fricken top 5 in the coleman.

Are people really just going to ignore him cos of his last name or something? He is a very good footballer in his own right
Jake Waterman has kicked like 11 goals in the last 2 games.

I actually tried to look him up on the UBET. I cant find his odds on the coleman medal.

Maric? Young but doesn't look so bad

Maric at CHF, Allen at FF, Waterman and Ryan in the pockets. Brockman at HFF. They have most of the pieces there already just need them all on the park

Will Dewar actually get a debut game?

Suprised he hasnt had one ewith Ryan out injured in the 1st 5 games.

* me. What a stupid thread.

We've had a couple of wins, 1 against a side without a forward line who thought they'd win by showing up and another against a half strength richmond.

If we can stay healthy, we'll win another couple of games, maybe even a handful but expect the performances to drop off in the 2nd half of the season.

Theres always someone from every club to post cringe s**t on the main board isnt there?
Is trying to be positive such a cardinal sin? Maybe some of us are sick of wallowing in misery, doom and gloom. Not getting ahead of myself, I'm not making any bold predictions, but it's a valid question.

If you watched them against Peel on the weekend, there’s not much underneath.

Depth is not there…need another couple of drafts and they desperately need to replace McFatty, Barrass, Cripps, Yeo etc…Reid is only one man.

Perhaps discounting the last draft with Williams and Hewett, their recruitment team could reach into a bag of vaginas and find a 3 inch length.

The one year there’s a Dusty/Judd clone they finish bottom…irritating
All part of Simmo's masterplan, my friend..

None of us are. He is learning to play a wing role which is like brand new to him. No idea what he is doing at present. Think he hangs around for versatility he has but I’m not expecting anything more then a role player from him. Was a bad pickup in a bad draft. Everyone said we should have picked up Matthew Johnson whose a similar average role player too

Nah nah. I have a lot of faith in Mathew Johnson being much better that an average role player. The problem is he can't quite push out Brayshaw, Serong, Young or Fyfe out of the middle yet, so he's having to play on a wing when it doesn't suit him at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the Eagles list as bad as we thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back