Is the new AFL Legend Michael Tuck ?

Remove this Banner Ad

those who have read my posts since I have been here will not be suprised to know that I think that is great.

He was a bit before my time, but his record speaks for itself. I often ask people older than me what modern day player he was like and typically I get a "James Hird" answer. Not necessarily in terms of ability but being able to dominate a key position or run on the ball.

There is ongoing debate in SA about the merits of Robran v Ebert so maybe there is hope for our Russ yet.

I think it is very open minded of the AFL to have a legend of the game someone who never played in the VFL. Well done to them.

ptw

I reckon it'll be a South Aussie, coz that's where Wayne Jackson's from. Remember that Adelaide won 2 flags in Jackson's first 2 years. Those umpiring decisions were great in the finals weren't they.
I suggest a no good hack like Robran or Ebert. Gutless wimps who were too scared to play in the REAL league.

I'm sure the commitee is aware of all the issues and I think it's a bit hypocritical of the sun to highight the 'omission' of gary ablett and then say this is overshadowing the peple who have been included - no-one except the hun has said this.

Perhaps when Dunstall, Lockett are eligible it would be good to include all three at the same time - before making them all Legends of the game.

PS Johnny Platten, Chris Langford deserve to be in there too.

Well done to Barrie Robran. A true legend, who unfortunately was cut down in his prime.

The AFL hall of fame, should really be called the "Australian Football" hall of fame. By calling it the AFL ahll of fame, it implies that only players who played in the VFL-AFL are eligible, but obviously, anyone is eligible if they are good enough, so it should be termed the more generic "Australian Football" hall of fame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the new AFL Legend Michael Tuck ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back