PLSC

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2005
LA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
been reported that we had our 8th pick ON THE TABLE for polak and pick 13 from freo

seriously what the hell is going on, i know wallace is in the US but this is a joke

im over this ****

PLSC said:
been reported that we had our 8th pick ON THE TABLE for polak and pick 13 from freo

seriously what the hell is going on, i know wallace is in the US but this is a joke

im over this ****

Dude I'm a Freo supporter and not even I believe that you would do this alone.

Its just a silly time of the year believe no one until Fri ;)

PLSC said:

im over this ****

Not had... HAVE...

I think the way l understand it is that Richmond also want Freo's 2nd round selection in exchange for our 3rd. That is the only way Freo will get our pick 8.

So it would look something like this:

Richmond: Polak, Pick 13 and Pick 31 (2 rd)

Fremantle: Pick 8, Pick 42 (3 rd)

I'd be happy with this. Richmond want an exchange of a later round draft selection.

We would then get Polak, and have selections 13, 26, 31, 58.

If Miller himself is still to be believed then the Tigers still need to offload a player to fit Polak into the Budget for next year. Therefore the speculation about swapping picks and such is so the HUN/AGE would not be short a few pages without their inside info about trade week.

According to this mornings paper freo want pick 8 (we get 13) and they insist on us throwing in our 2nd round pick as well!

That's it!!!!! I've had it. Call the club, e-mail Miller.
Do not deal with the Fremantle Jokers they have no idea.

Stuff Polak. Just let him go to the PSD and Freo get nothing, zero, zip.

I wouldn't be happy about going from 8 - 13 let alone our 2nd round pick also.

Greg.... take it off the table. Offer a 4th round pick or nothing.

Swapping 8 for 13 and getting Polak would have been a great deal. Have been saying all along that we should be looking to trade down. We will probably get the same player at 13 as 8.

The extra 2nd round pick is not on and that is why Miller put the phone down.

Probably by Friday it will be a

Out - 8 and 42
In - 13 and Polak

or

Out - 8 and 26
In - 13, 31 and Polak

Nice business either way.

Still leaves the question of how we make room in the budget for Polak. Could see that being a trade we have to do at the last minute (because we'll only do it once the Polak deal goes through) and our bargaining position will be weak.

All of you crazy ranters out there have to remember that the club may be looking to draft someone in the first around who they don't think we be selected until 13.

In this case why this trade would we get Polak and possibly another 2nd round pick virtually for free!

PLSC would you be happy with this ****ed club if that was the case or do you just want the 8th pick no matter what?

This senario may or may not be the case however really Miller isn't just trade our 8th pick unless it is all part of a master plan.

If you don't t think Miller is a good trade operator fair enough however I don't think he about to squander our picks for nothing.

PLSC said:

im over this ****

I much prefer this than releasing Tuck...We still get a first R pick out of it...sure we may miss our man but the depth of talent is such that we'll effectively pick up Polak plus a blue chip first R pick in excahnge for Pick 8...Good Deal:thumbsu:

jezza said:
Still leaves the question of how we make room in the budget for Polak. Could see that being a trade we have to do at the last minute (because we'll only do it once the Polak deal goes through) and our bargaining position will be weak.

Krak for a 3rd/4th rounder? Not sure where everyone else is in terms of contracts, but he seems to be the one being bandied around as a possible offload. We probably wouldn't get offered much more than this anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weaver said:
Swapping 8 for 13 and getting Polak would have been a great deal. Have been saying all along that we should be looking to trade down. We will probably get the same player at 13 as 8.
The extra 2nd round pick is not on and that is why Miller put the phone down.

Probably by Friday it will be a
Out - 8 and 42
In - 13 and Polak
or
Out - 8 and 26
In - 13, 31 and Polak
Nice business either way.

On the main board there's a quote from wiseby (is he the trade guru?) saying something like. Pick 8 is like pick 1 or 2 from last years draft. and the first round choices are great, along with half of the second round 1- 16 great.... 17 - 24 also.
So at pick 26 - there could possibly be a player left that we rate very highly.

I'm scared about downgrading one pick. Downgrading two picks would seem too risky.

Harvey Leadpipe said:
Krak for a 3rd/4th rounder? Not sure where everyone else is in terms of contracts, but he seems to be the one being bandied around as a possible offload. We probably wouldn't get offered much more than this anyway.

got a feeling that we'll almost have to give Krak away...R4 pick is pretty ordinary for a reg senior player with his ability, albeit erratic...we need the salary cap space though..so Krak will be friendly fire unfortunately

I prefer pick 8 and the powers that be keeping their word we wouldn't trade our early draft picks.

Bojangles17 said:
got a feeling that we'll almost have to give Krak away...R4 pick is pretty ordinary for a reg senior player with his ability, albeit erratic...we need the salary cap space though..so Krak will be friendly fire unfortunately

I agree, although as I said we're probably not going to be in much of a position to dictate terms, and we also have the issue of Krak's salary to deal with. But you would hope he would have reasonably more value than say Birss.

to everyone who is happy to give away pick 8 you have no ****ing idea how this draft is, dont beleive the hype that your gonna get a player at pick 110

top 10 are GUNS! no pendlebury, thomas or jon's just big ****ing blokes who can play footy

not to mention the fact that we will be giving it to SCUM, pick 8 for tarrant is a bloody joke he is out of contract next yr and another **** season from him they will be lucky to get a 2nd rounder next yr

YOUR AN IDIOT MILLER!

anyone can get a player through money, long contracts or giving gold draft picks do your ****ing job properly you desperate ****

this is also a good time to bag wallace who thought it was a good idea to pickup that washed up old **** mark graham for a servicable yr forgetting the fact we would be stuffed down the track

if browny isnt fit next yr forget it

Can someone explain the reasoning behind the title of this thread. How is moving down 5 spots and getting a 22yr pld KPP with 70 odd games experience a bad move. Years gone by the club would have parted with the First Round Pick and got the player. This time around we still keep the first round selection, albeit 5 spots later, and gain another player that may well solve our issue down back. If not what have we really lost.

I could understand the title is we were giving away Tuck and Pick 8 to get Pick 13 and Polak. Have a little faith that Miller knows what he is doing and we are not getting screwed. I had a scenario last yesterday that if it happened would have been great for the Tigers as we wouild have ended with 2 Top 10 picks:

Tigers got Polak and Pick 10
Pies got Tuck and Pick 13 and
Dockers get Tarrant,

that way everyone got what they wanted, but obviously Miller does not read Big Footy.

Realistic Tiger said:
Can someone explain the reasoning behind the title of this thread. How is moving down 5 spots and getting a 22yr pld KPP with 70 odd games experience a bad move. Years gone by the club would have parted with the First Round Pick and got the player. This time around we still keep the first round selection, albeit 5 spots later, and gain another player that may well solve our issue down back. If not what have we really lost.

I could understand the title is we were giving away Tuck and Pick 8 to get Pick 13 and Polak. Have a little faith that Miller knows what he is doing and we are not getting screwed. I had a scenario last yesterday that if it happened would have been great for the Tigers as we wouild have ended with 2 Top 10 picks:

Tigers got Polak and Pick 10
Pies got Tuck and Pick 13 and
Dockers get Tarrant,

that way everyone got what they wanted, but obviously Miller does not read Big Footy.

I agree and i like, but i don't like the TUCK idea!

The only thing that really would worry me about losing pick 8 would be if somebody like thorp slipped thur to that pick. But if the 7 teams ahead of us pick who they should (Gibbs, Gumbleton, Hansen, Thorp, Leunberger, Selwood and Sellar) then i get the feeling there is very little between the next lot. So droping to pick 13 and getting polak would not be too bad.

PLSC said:
to everyone who is happy to give away pick 8 you have no ****ing idea how this draft is, dont beleive the hype that your gonna get a player at pick 110

top 10 are GUNS! no pendlebury, thomas or jon's just big ****ing blokes who can play footy

not to mention the fact that we will be giving it to SCUM, pick 8 for tarrant is a bloody joke he is out of contract next yr and another **** season from him they will be lucky to get a 2nd rounder next yr

YOUR AN IDIOT MILLER!

anyone can get a player through money, long contracts or giving gold draft picks do your ****ing job properly you desperate ****

this is also a good time to bag wallace who thought it was a good idea to pickup that washed up old **** mark graham for a servicable yr forgetting the fact we would be stuffed down the track

if browny isnt fit next yr forget it

Mate I don't think anyone's listening but I agree with you.

We're also assuming that the picks before us will take what everyone expects. Sometimes there are a few choices that are unexpected. There's a good chance some real quality might drop down to pick 8.

so you blokes are forgetting what wallace said about not giving away 1st round picks and grooming our own players

its a load of bull**** all of it

i look at the dogs and even though i hate them i just love the way they go about it

PLSC said:
so you blokes are forgetting what wallace said about not giving away 1st round picks and grooming our own players

its a load of bull**** all of it

i look at the dogs and even though i hate them i just love the way they go about it

We are not actually giving away our first round pick, we are just dropping down the order. It's still a first rd draft pick.

You have to consider that maybe miller and wallace already know who they want draft and are fairly certain he will be their at 13. So we end up with the player we want as well as Polak.

Our pick is in a difficult position. The out and out top 7 players should be gone, then there is very little difference between the next few. If we wanted somebody like a Caleb Mourish or N. Brown the feeling might be that it is easier to justify using the no. 13 pick on them instead on no. 8. That being said i'd prefer we hold onto no. 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this club ****ed or what

Remove this Banner Ad

Back