Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's bog average because there's no stand out teams.

Fair dinkum don't people want it even and more unpredictable? Significant amount of sooking here at the mere prospect of another Swans and Cats GF (which won't be anything like two years ago if it happens anyway).

We've had a team unexpectedly go out in straight sets and 3 games decided by under a goal and a half. Been about as good as it can be.

Brisbane are average, should hsve got beat.
Geelong played one good final so far, Sydney were very lucky to win, Port were lucky.
Four average teams left and it will be the least anticipated GF in years but I hope Port make it and win it.
A Swans/Cats rematch would be the most anticipated granny since the Crows/Tigers droughtbowl.

A Swans/Cats rematch would be the most anticipated granny since the Crows/Tigers droughtbowl.
All the other options are uninteresting. 54-54 draw in the 2nd game and blowout in the GF rematch in 2023. Would all be about Sydney going for revenge and avenging their curse of losing grand finals and Geelong winning their 2nd in 3 years will be talked about.

Two epic semi finals, now four teams left and no one seriously could have a clue as to what will happen from here, stop whining, we're living the dream 😊

You mean the grand final that was obvious 4 months ago is an unbackable favourite to occur and you call that unpredictable?

You mean the grand final that was obvious 4 months ago is an unbackable favourite to occur and you call that unpredictable?

Far out. Love how selective you are there at 4 months ago. How obvious was it when Geelong were being smacked by Carlton a month later? Or surrendering on our home deck to the Dogs two months back? Or capitulating to St Kilda 3 games back? I don't think I need to go into the rut the Swans went through either. Have a think.

Far out. Love how selective you are there at 4 months ago. How obvious was it when Geelong were being smacked by Carlton a month later? Or surrendering on our home deck to the Dogs two months back? Or capitulating to St Kilda 3 games back? I don't think I need to go into the rut the Swans went through either. Have a think.

Top team who had top spot locked up went into a rut, wow, where have we seen that before…

But the fact you lost those games and still are favourites to win the flag show just how shit the competition is. There is no standout side.

Top team who had top spot locked up went into a rut, wow, where have we seen that before…

But the fact you lost those games and still are favourites to win the flag show just how shit the competition is. There is no standout side.

Therefore things aren't as 'obvious' are you're pretending they have been in your usual ignorant, stupid sort of way.

Just another clown Pies fans with a superiority complex or Tigs conspiracy believing muppet having a moan.

Last edited:
Spot on.

Brisbane, Hawthorn and Geelong naturally stopped scooping up flags in quick succession, but the AFL had to intervene to stop the most mighty and dangerous dynasty of all time: 2017-2020 Richmond.
Yeah it was the AFL that made Richmond a 9 win team in 2021

Therefore things aren't as 'obvious' are you're pretending they have been in your usual ignorant, stupid sort of way.

Just another clown Pies fans with a superiority complex or Tigs conspiracy believing muppet having a cry.

They are obvious, Port are shit and Sydney have the biggest home ground advantage in the AFL.

Brisbane are not a top 4 side this year and can’t win on the MCG.

Which leads to a rematch of the most boring grand final of all time.

Of course Geelong and Sydney fans will defend the season…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted elsewhere not just Vic teams, and also not just the big 4.

There are attractive matchups that don't include large clubs. Even from this finals crop of teams:
  • GWS vs. Bulldogs Prelim :fire:
  • GWS vs. Sydney GF :fire:
  • Geelong vs. Hawthorn GF :fire:
  • Hawthorn vs. Sydney Prelim :fire:
  • Carlton vs. Anyone in GF or Prelim :fire:

The upside of having the bigger clubs, E.g., West Coast, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond is they can play anyone and it feels pretty big.

Instead we get Wish.com finals. Geelong vs. Brisbane and Sydney vs. Port.. Awesome....
I really hope you don’t have 3 kids, I kinda hope you don’t have any.

They are obvious, Port are shit and Sydney have the biggest home ground advantage in the AFL.

And of course you will wet your pants over it

Fun fact Sydney haven't beaten Port since 2016. Whilst I am not confident of winning, Hinkley, for all his faults knows how to beat the Swans.

The irony of a Collingwood supporter talking about "biggest home ground advantage"

Fun fact Sydney haven't beaten Port since 2016. Whilst I am not confident of winning, Hinkley, for all his faults knows how to beat the Swans.

Seen that bandied around, an interesting stat without doubt.

Port are a strange one to me, just when you think you’ve got them picked they do the opposite. Looking good then lose to Adelaide, playing shit then beat Sydney by 100+.

Port winning would be the greatest outcome possible, but just can’t see it. Plus Sydney have 4 extra players on their miniature ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back