Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Grow up you fool.

So do you remember the delay and pressure that a Geelong player felt when Richmond used to man the mark?

What I find interesting is that we were making preliminary and even grand finals before the rule change, and after it.

This incredible Richmond team couldn’t find their way around listening to the umpire say ‘stand’

After 2020 we weren't incredible because we were emasculated.
Hrga and Unpredictable are two of your former BigFooty accounts.

Everybody is able to simply type "emasculated" into the search function to find the same rants such as this one:

"And then we couldn't buy in anymore, our pressure was not allowed to be constant because of the emasculation. This emasculation gave our opponents a breather in game, just look at the Geelong game in '22, we win that if not for the emasculation, and that's the game that gave Geelong all the confidence to win their special needs flag."

That's great, but Richmond was in your way 3 times because of our vigorous manning of the mark.

After 2020 we weren't incredible because we were emasculated.

No, you were in our way because you were simply a better football side.

You weren’t incredible after that because you were not incredible. Maybe the players and coaches are excuse makers like you and would have been better served doing what everyone else did, and just played.

we beat you by 11 goals in 2019. In fact, 7 teams beat you by 5 goals or more that year: you also lost a final in 2020.

It’s not like your pre-stand rule style was some sort of unconquerable approach and only the powers that be could possibly pick their way through it 😂

You won because you were the best team. Simple as that

No, you were in our way because you were simply a better football side.

You weren’t incredible after that because you were not incredible. Maybe the players and coaches are excuse makers like you and would have been better served doing what everyone else did, and just played.

we beat you by 11 goals in 2019. In fact, 7 teams beat you by 5 goals or more that year: you also lost a final in 2020.

It’s not like your pre-stand rule style was some sort of unconquerable approach and only the powers that be could possibly pick their way through it 😂

You won because you were the best team. Simple as that
The Intimidator was another of his accounts, look at this rant I found:

"Lol 58-57. I remember when 91-40 got the AFL to talk state of the game. These fans of the 17 other teams are are delusional, pretending they don't know why the AFL aren't talking about the state of the game now.

From '21 to 23 is so weak it's not funny.

Lucky there is less pressure in the game from 2021 to make 58-57 even possible, I wonder what the scores would've been without the rule changes that they say have made the game better than it's ever been.

This game has become so cringeworthy since they emasculated Richmond."

He's utterly obsessed with Richmond's emasculation. This is why they're the most hilarious supporters in the league.

The Intimidator was another of his accounts, look at this rant I found:

"Lol 58-57. I remember when 91-40 got the AFL to talk state of the game. These fans of the 17 other teams are are delusional, pretending they don't know why the AFL aren't talking about the state of the game now.

From '21 to 23 is so weak it's not funny.

Lucky there is less pressure in the game from 2021 to make 58-57 even possible, I wonder what the scores would've been without the rule changes that they say have made the game better than it's ever been.

This game has become so cringeworthy since they emasculated Richmond."

He's utterly obsessed with Richmond's emasculation. This is why they're the most hilarious supporters in the league.

Some of their intra-club supporter conversations are among the most fascinating online interactions I’ve ever seen. They’re like - and I’m not sure if you’re a Seinfeld fan - Kramer and Newman sitting in the park smoking cigars talking about the Bermuda Triangle, alien autopsies etc.

Some of their intra-club supporter conversations are among the most fascinating online interactions I’ve ever seen. They’re like - and I’m not sure if you’re a Seinfeld fan - Kramer and Newman sitting in the park smoking cigars talking about the Bermuda Triangle, alien autopsies etc.
I'm a big fan and you're right.

I get crazy Joe Davola, Lloyd Braun and the Bubble Boy vibes from a few of them.

I've had way more than that but I get banned a lot for no reason.

I remember that game well, the carry on from your players in that game was hilarious, it's like they believed we were at full strength 🤣🤣🤣

It was though, Chris Scott even admitted it when he said in 2021that he figured out how to beat Richmond, why say that if you beat us in 2019?

Because of our vigorous manning of the mark.
Jake98? SkyC? Carboot? We've missed you. Be careful this time.

Fair dinkum don't people want it even and more unpredictable? Significant amount of sooking here at the mere prospect of another Swans and Cats GF (which won't be anything like two years ago if it happens anyway).

We've had a team unexpectedly go out in straight sets and 3 games decided by under a goal and a half. Been about as good as it can be.

Except the team you might make it to the GF with this year isn't even remotely as talented as the ones you won previous flags with. A million miles off in talent.

Your midfield isn't one that is anything special, nor will it be held in any great esteem like your previous midfield still are.

This is a year with a bunch of average teams struggling to get to the line.

I've had way more than that but I get banned a lot for no reason.

I remember that game well, the carry on from your players in that game was hilarious, it's like they believed we were at full strength 🤣🤣🤣

It was though, Chris Scott even admitted it when he said in 2021that he figured out how to beat Richmond, why say that if you beat us in 2019?

Because of our vigorous manning of the mark.

Yeah. It was just that. That was all it was. Nothing else. And your players with their footy IQ couldn’t work out what to do in any other circumstances.

Clever chaps.

Grow up you fool.

So do you remember the delay and pressure that a Geelong player felt when Richmond used to man the mark?

Who are you calling the fool with the rubbish you're prattling on with (a rule change making a team not as good at winning football games) you ignorant trolling dip sh!t.

Except the team you might make it to the GF with this year isn't even remotely as talented as the ones you won previous flags with. A million miles off in talent.

Your midfield isn't one that is anything special, nor will it be held in any great esteem like your previous midfield still are.

This is a year with a bunch of average teams struggling to get to the line.

Do we get a smaller cup for that?

I’d argue that this is the most naturally talented side Sydney have fielded. Not their best, necessarily, or toughest, but their most talented.
If they win it it, I dare say the players within their side will be held in very high esteem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we get a smaller cup for that?

I’d argue that this is the most naturally talented side Sydney have fielded. Not their best, necessarily, or toughest, but their most talented.
If they win it it, I dare say the players within their side will be held in very high esteem

This years GF winning team will not be remembered in the all time great teams, because the league at present isn't much chop.

Going got get worse with a new entering the comp.

Top team who had top spot locked up went into a rut, wow, where have we seen that before…

But the fact you lost those games and still are favourites to win the flag show just how shit the competition is. There is no standout side.
You're not breaking any ground here, it's a reigning premier thing. Many Cats fans were the same last year.

Thought the competition was the weakest it had ever been and if we could just get our shit together for a few weeks we'd win it in a canter.

Just like they did, you'll realise pretty soon that it's the bias of supporting the premier, and all the ingrained confidence that comes with it.

The competition is pretty weak (or even, whatever you want to call it) but it has been for years. This year is nothing different.

This years GF winning team will not be remembered in the all time great teams, because the league at present isn't much chop.

Going got get worse with a new entering the comp.
So hypothetically if Brisbane were to win the GF from 5th this year, that wouldn't be looked back as anything special?

We'd be the only team other than the Bulldogs in 2016 to win the flag outside of the top 4 in the modern system.

I quoted Hocking you fool, he used the words "delay" and "pressure" when talking about the manning of the mark. The manning of the mark is why Richmond beat Geelong 3 times in finals, when it matters.

Hocking saw in the 2020 GF when Richmond were "shitting themselves" 🤣🤣🤣 and then after HT when we ramped up our pressure, or "raise the fight" as Hardwick would say, you shit yourselves.

Tell us you fool, why do you think Geelong sh*t themselves in 2020?

Remember our system was pressure based, and Hocking said a man on the mark causes "delay" and puts "pressure" on a sh*t player causing him to sh*t himself, like we all saw happen in 2020.

The AFL made one player a witches hat so sh*t players don't feel pressured by someone vigorously manning mark 🤣🤣🤣

No mate, you beat us because you were better than us.

The fact that you’re attributing your own club’s success to a rule is, realistically, pretty pathetic.

I quoted Hocking you fool, he used the words "delay" and "pressure" when talking about the manning of the mark. The manning of the mark is why Richmond beat Geelong 3 times in finals, when it matters.

Hocking saw in the 2020 GF when Richmond were "shitting themselves" 🤣🤣🤣 and then after HT when we ramped up our pressure, or "raise the fight" as Hardwick would say, you shit yourselves.

Remember our system was pressure based, and Hocking said a man on the mark causes "delay" and puts "pressure" on a sh*t player causing him to sh*t himself, like we all saw happen in 2020.

The AFL made one player a witches hat so sh*t players don't feel pressured by someone vigorously manning mark 🤣🤣🤣
Well said.

Has come back to bite the afl in one sense with so many boring games, or phases in games, when one club just chips around to exploit the stand rule and burn time going nowhere - 100 uncontested marks in a half of footy was witnessed this year! (By one team!)

In another way it helps the afl as the game is fairly bruise free now - even the finals, while they are faster, there are so few HTB as the in-close pressure is not there.

That should feed into Les concussions down the line you would think, which is where the afl has to go probably

I don't care who you quoted d###head. Richmond won because they were a better football team. I and other Cats supporters have less of an issue with that than deluded, ignorant muppets like yourself like to pretend. And are now winning spoons instead because they are a worse football team.

I know, but why were we better?

You know a system is only as strong as it's weakest link, while you may think the way we manned the mark was insignificant it really wasn't.

Now if your boy Hocking says a man on the mark can "delay" and put "pressure" on a sh*t Geelong player to stop him from getting his kick away under no pressure, what would you do?

‘A shit Geelong player.’

So you mean one member of the team who was the only other side that was top four each of the years you won the comp, and who were actually able to deal with umpires saying the word ‘stand’ as well as all other rules the afl have changed over the last decade

I know, but why were we better?

You know a system is only as strong as it's weakest link, while you may think the way we manned the mark was insignificant it really wasn't.

Now if your boy Hocking says a man on the mark can "delay" and put "pressure" on a sh*t Geelong player to stop him from getting his kick away under no pressure, what would you do?
Let me get this straight? You think a minor change to the manning the mark rule has somehow changed the fortunes of the competition?

this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while

So hypothetically if Brisbane were to win the GF from 5th this year, that wouldn't be looked back as anything special?

We'd be the only team other than the Bulldogs in 2016 to win the flag outside of the top 4 in the modern system.

No it wouldn't.

I never hear anyone talk about the 2016 Bulldogs team nowadays.

People still talk about your 3 peat team though with all the stars it had in it's line up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back