Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

100% agree.

Not really sure why this is a controversial take. Here are some possible prelim match up story lines we could have had when finals started:
  • Swans vs. Hawthorn (GF Rematch, Great Rivalry)
  • Sydney vs. Geelong (GF rematch)
  • Bulldogs vs. Sydney (GF rematch)
  • Bulldogs vs. GWS (Prelim Rematch, Great Rivalry)
  • Carlton vs. Anyone (2023 Prelim Loss)
  • GWS vs. Anyone (2023 Prelim Loss)
Not to mention, the results for this year for these teams:
  • Round 6 - Geelong vs. Brisbane: Brisbane kicked 37 points and lost by 5 goals. :sleepsymbol::sleepsymbol::sleepsymbol:
  • Round 21 - Sydney vs. Port: Sydney kicked 36 points and lost by 112. :sleepsymbol::sleepsymbol::sleepsymbol:
Very, very little going for these Prelim match ups.
Your post is entirely premised on unproven assumptions. Not sure why you think anyone would take it seriously.

If it's so bad why arè there 512 posts , many of them agreeing with the premise?
Well our frustration with your inability or unwillingness to actually state your case using logic and reality has clearly boiled over.

Most of those agreeing with your premise have signally failed to make their case.

Seriously mate, I know you from the politics threads, and you're well capable of making a reasoned argument there. Why press on with this groundless horseschitte?

We have seasons where one or two teams dominant the comp? Ala geelong 2007 or bombers 2000. Worst year ever. All games are pointless from june onwards as we wait for the obvious grand final to come.

We have a season where 8 teams at different points look like the best side, a number of thrillers and completely unexpected wins? Worst season ever. No team was clearly dominant.

Lol

If it's so bad why arè there 512 posts , many of them agreeing with the premise?
All it’s show is there are a large amount of sooky bitter morons out there, fancy your team not making it and having the attitude ‘it’s shit anyway, I don’t even want to win’- mentality of a 4 year old.

Because 500 of them are telling you you're a salty, biased moron.

The rest are plonkers like you whose teams are too shit to make finals in what is apparently an easy year to win a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We good for trophies. Our cabinets are more stacked than yours.

It does show though what an ordinary season and ordinary teams abound though.
Lol. Stacked with vfl trophies mostly from the rigged zone years. The only afl flag you have should be taken off you for salary cap cheating.

Are they really worth gloating about?

All it’s show is there are a large amount of sooky bitter morons out there, fancy your team not making it and having the attitude ‘it’s shit anyway, I don’t even want to win’- mentality of a 4 year old.
I made the thread a long time ago. The facts still are it has been a season of low standard without many great marks and without many superstar players.
GWS have choked twice to let inferior teams advance as well.

I made the thread a long time ago. The facts still are it has been a season of low standard without many great marks and without many superstar players.
So you watched those amazing finals gws played in and came away with: this is bad football?

Lol.

We good for trophies. Our cabinets are more stacked than yours.

It does show though what an ordinary season and ordinary teams abound though.
Yet one of them can be up 60-0 on your pathetic mob. Cabinet is full, when it was a bunch of plumbers having a kick on the weekend - not to mention the last time you were any good you were cheating.

Low standard- best players on the planet could be only be seen
as low standard. One of these dud teams beat yours by 119 points and you were the worst of these pathetic teams. ‘Let’ inferior teams advance, so they weren’t trying? You sound like a grotty little kid who’s mum didn’t get him an ice cream- grow up, you are pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back