Is this the worst West Coast Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgiving injury to these players then most would be guns if they were running around at Geelong.

Point 1 is they are carrying a huge burden ATM while the young guns come of age.

point 2 is Gallileo9 said they were among the worst in the AFL, you are kidding yourself if you think these players would not look good when being spoon fed in a top side.

Butler, Waters and Lynch would not stay on the Geelong list. The Cats have better players of that ilk, and there's no point using those guys whilst youngsters could be getting valualbe experience. It does beg the question where Lynch and Waters would get a game - but I'd reckon that it wouldn't be at any team in contention for finals footy.

OK, tell me how you think these players would rate at these clubs

Cox at Hawthorn 10/10

Kerr at Sydney 9/10 The in and under star would get cover at Swans

A. Selwood at Collingwood 8/10 good negator and should remain so.

Bones at Geelong 7/10 would keep the window open when aging Milburn retires.

Embley at Brisbane 9/10 they play Staker, say no more.

Glass at Carlton 8/10 Would fit their window ahead of ours.

Butler at Hawthorn 8/10 Hawks backs are ordinary.

Waters at Hawthorn 9/10 as above

and Lynchy at Doggies instead of Hall. (6 years younger) 9/10

Cox at Hawthorn

Kerr at Sydney

A. Selwood at Collingwood

Bones at Geelong

Embley at Brisbane

Glass at Carlton

Butler at Hawthorn

Waters at Hawthorn

and Lynchy at Doggies instead of Hall. (6 years younger)

Well, Hawthorn's biggest problem seems to be that they now believe that the ruckman is irrelevant to modern football. Anyone over 6'5" would get a game there.

I'm unsure Embley would get a game at Brisbane (and which embley would turn up - the strong competitor or the disinterested bystander?). Waters at Hawthorn? Don't know why you'd think that'd be a good fit.

Glass would get a game at Carlton - exactly what they need. You suggesting a trade?

Kerr for Sydney? well... maybe, but it's not like their midfield has troubles right now.

And there's NO chance Lynch would get a game for the dogs. The man's got a turning circle of a tectonic plate.

Cox at Hawthorn 10/10

Kerr at Sydney 9/10 The in and under star would get cover at Swans

A. Selwood at Collingwood 8/10 good negator and should remain so.

Bones at Geelong 7/10 would keep the window open when aging Milburn retires.

Embley at Brisbane 9/10 they play Staker, say no more.

Glass at Carlton 8/10 Would fit their window ahead of ours.

Butler at Hawthorn 8/10 Hawks backs are ordinary.

Waters at Hawthorn 9/10 as above

and Lynchy at Doggies instead of Hall. (6 years younger) 9/10

Milburn has a painting in his attic. He's actually 102. Butler is ordinary. At best.

Point taken re: Staker. But when you get bad Embley, he's more or less exactly teh same as Staker. And it's only 1/3 of the time you get the good Embley.

Worst of all, I can't help but feel we've got crap Selwood's just because their brother is a not bad for a stager.

As for Beau Waters, what's the point in playing the poor man's Campbell Brown next to the actual Campbell Brown?

Well, Hawthorn's biggest problem seems to be that they now believe that the ruckman is irrelevant to modern football. Anyone over 6'5" would get a game there.
Hawks have been hit by injury to rucks so that's a tough call.

Don't tell me they wouldn't salivate with Coxy in the middle tapping the ball to Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell and Co.
I'm unsure Embley would get a game at Brisbane (and which embley would turn up - the strong competitor or the disinterested bystander?).
Sniff another medallion...............Embers is a norm smith winner and would/could be the difference for lions. How soon some forget. :(
Waters at Hawthorn? Don't know why you'd think that'd be a good fit.
Ladson or Waters..............hummmmmmmm, let you decide.
Glass would get a game at Carlton - exactly what they need. You suggesting a trade?
You agree then
Kerr for Sydney? well... maybe, but it's not like their midfield has troubles right now.
An extra dollar in the pocket is good and i'm sure Kerry would fill Roosy's pocket nicely.
And there's NO chance Lynch would get a game for the dogs. The man's got a turning circle of a tectonic plate.
Like your joke, but that aside Lynchy did help our star midfield to a premiership. He thrives on fast accurate delivery into the fifty. ;)

Hawks have been hit by injury to rucks so that's a tough call.

Don't tell me they wouldn't salivate with Coxy in the middle tapping the ball to Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell and Co.

Sniff another medallion...............Embers is a norm smith winner and would/could be the difference for lions. How soon some forget. :(

You agree then

An extra dollar in the pocket is good and i'm sure Kerry would fill Roosy's pocket nicely.

Like your joke, but that aside Lynchy did help our star midfield to a premiership. He thrives on fast accurate delivery into the fifty. ;)

Well, that, and the Hawks still haven't mentally come back from their premiership celebrations.

Embers did do great in the GF. But it's the week in week out that makes him so frustrating. He's not like some of the downhill skiers Freo have had. But he's good for the fun times, and less good for the tough ones...

As for Lynch, 1.4 in the WAFL. Not exactly premiership standard.

As for Lynch, 1.4 in the WAFL. Not exactly premiership standard.
I was/am a huge fan of Turls, underrated player indeed and I don't want an argument with his name sake. :cool:

Claremont are flying at the moment and Lynchy would be a little depressed by what has happened and might even be sulking because of all the support he has.

I think he is needed as a big body in the middle at times, until the young fellas improve.
Not as a ruck but purely to send the ball forward and provide protection for the nippy mids.
Would even entertain him taking Pridda's role for an experiment.

We need to settle on a forward line without him and I was impressed with Schofields effort when thrown in the deep end.

Just get Shuey, Swift, Stevens, Shepherd, Notte & Weedon in and get rid of the plodders (Priddis and the like).
Don't care how young / green / underweight they are. Need a different mix, some youth and some mojo.

Just get Shuey, Swift, Stevens, Shepherd, Notte & Weedon in and get rid of the plodders (Priddis and the like).
Don't care how young / green / underweight they are. Need a different mix, some youth and some mojo.
Thanks for the tip, but not all are ready.

It has reaped rewards for you guys this year (playing the kids last year) but our squad has much less experience and needs to inject them more slowly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are probably right but I reckon our year from hell last year has been the making of us. Hill, Suban, Mayne, DeBoer even Ruffles, Pearce changed the whole chemistry of the team.
It's a different game now too. Young players are more professional and seem to be able to make an impact a lot easier. Look at Melksham, Colyer, Bastinac etc all able to come straight in and get a kick.
I'm just another armchair expert but I feel you guys are playing it too safe.

Thanks for the tip, but not all are ready.

It's like digital TV man. We just gotta get ready.

Only way these young fellas are going to get to AFL level is by playing them at AFL level. Why hold them back?

They are obviously in a champion team. We could spend the rest of the year blooding the new players and be serious flag contenders by next year. Probably win one after that.

Yes we need a different mix, but thats too extreme.

Those players are still raw mate, throw them in replacing the existing experience and we'd be murdered by an even hefty margin.

What we need is a better development at the club so those players are ready to suceed at the highest level, and phase them in, not just throw them all in the deep end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the worst West Coast Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back