Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

All these flankers and wingman, wouldn't it be nice to get a few midfielders.
Needs to be the priority with pick #4..you

Taylor should play more inside midfield next season.

Curtin will get time inside too, but mix up with other roles.

Time to delve into the Suns time trials since the summer of 18/19 to see where he's placed all these years, haha

tested pretty well for endurance (beep test) and speedcompared with the best that year

GWS individual testing.

Beep Test Results
Isaac Cumming – Level 14
Harry Perryman – Level 14
Sam Fisher- Level 13
Ryan Garthwaite – Level 13
Zach Sproule – Level 13
Max Lynch – Level 13

Best 20m Sprint results
Isaac Cumming – 2.96s
Ryan Garthwaite – 3.04s
Harry Perryman – 3.13s
Sam Fisher – 3.14s
Zach Sproule – 3.18
Kobe Mutch – 3.19
Max Lynch – 3.24

Combine top 10s
Jordan Gallucci and Jarrod Berry the standouts...Ugh Jordan Gallucci!!!!!

Beep test/shuttle run​

RankLevel. ShuttleName
115.01Jarrod Berry
15.01Oliver Florent
15.01Griffin Logue
414.12Harry Morrison
14.12Dylan Clarke
614.7Sam Powell-Pepper
714.5Liam Baker
14.5Tom Williamson
14.5Patrick Lipinski
14.5Jordan Gallucci

20 metre Sprint Result (seconds)​

RankResult (seconds)Name
12.87Jacob Allison
22.90Ben Ainsworth
32.92Josh Rotham
42.93Josh Williams
2.93Bailey Morrish
2.93Taylin Duman
2.93Esava Ratugolea
82.94Will Hayward
2.94Tony Olango
102.95Shai Bolton

tested pretty well for endurance (beep test) and speedcompared with the best that year

GWS individual testing.

Beep Test Results
Isaac Cumming – Level 14
Harry Perryman – Level 14
Sam Fisher- Level 13
Ryan Garthwaite – Level 13
Zach Sproule – Level 13
Max Lynch – Level 13

Best 20m Sprint results
Isaac Cumming – 2.96s
Ryan Garthwaite – 3.04s
Harry Perryman – 3.13s
Sam Fisher – 3.14s
Zach Sproule – 3.18
Kobe Mutch – 3.19
Max Lynch – 3.24

Combine top 10s
Jordan Gallucci and Jarrod Berry the standouts...Ugh Jordan Gallucci!!!!!

Beep test/shuttle run​

RankLevel. ShuttleName
115.01Jarrod Berry
15.01Oliver Florent
15.01Griffin Logue
414.12Harry Morrison
14.12Dylan Clarke
614.7Sam Powell-Pepper
714.5Liam Baker
14.5Tom Williamson
14.5Patrick Lipinski
14.5Jordan Gallucci

20 metre Sprint Result (seconds)​

RankResult (seconds)Name
12.87Jacob Allison
22.90Ben Ainsworth
32.92Josh Rotham
42.93Josh Williams
2.93Bailey Morrish
2.93Taylin Duman
2.93Esava Ratugolea
82.94Will Hayward
2.94Tony Olango
102.95Shai Bolton
Talking about Luko (yes I know we’re in the Cumming thread haha)

Tomorrow's Heroes: Lukosius​

After a stunning SANFL debut, Lukosius has been in the No.1 pick conversation for more than 12 months.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:45am
zRmWAMlL.jpg

It is a debut that has followed Jack Lukosius for 12 months.
Since the then 17-year-old played his first senior game for Woodville West Torrens in last year's SANFL preliminary final and booted four goals, he has been the buzz of South Australian football.
However, it's a pressure that hasn't troubled Lukosius. He spent all of this season in the Eagles' senior side and performed well without blitzing and then helped steer his state to the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships title.
Lukosius was named an All Australian forward after booting nine goals in four games and showing his class against players his own age.
WhyTheyShouldPickHim.jpg

Lukosius is an excellent athlete for a player his size (195cm, 83kg) and he showed that at the NAB AFL Draft Combine. He ran 2.98 seconds over the 20-metre sprint, and he also finished in the top 35 per cent for players who tested in the YoYo and 2km time trial.
But he's still more footballer than athlete. Lukosius is a natural player who reads the game well, and uses his burst of speed to get off the mark and away from opponents. He's one of the best kicks to come through the draft in recent years – in the field and with his goalkicking. He finished in the top-10 for the goalkicking and kicking tests at the Combine.
Some recruiters believe Lukosius could also start as a defender, where he played at times this year, because of his reading of the play and clean hands.
TheQuery.jpg

Lukosius will start his career as a half-forward rather than a key forward in the way that he plays, so if a club is looking for a strong marking, body-on-body tall forward then that's not the way Lukosius plays.
In 13 games he took five contested marks this year at senior level in the SANFL compared to 66 uncontested, so that highlights his preference to get away on the lead.
PlaysLike.jpg

The 18-year-old models his game on Hawthorn star Jack Gunston, and it's a good comparison. Both use their running capacity to work up the ground and convert their chances around goal.
DraftRange.jpg

Lukosius has been in the No.1 pick conversation for more than 12 months. If the Blues look elsewhere then the Suns could swoop. It's very hard to see him getting past the Power at No.5 if he got that far.
BottomLine.jpg

Lukosius is highly rated for a reason. He won't be a push-and-shove player but one who out-works opponents and then reaps the rewards of his effort in front of goal.
JackLukosiusGraphic.jpg

I think we'd settle for a Jack Gunston type as in the Tomorrow's Heroes article? ;)

Actually that is a pretty decent article, basically calling him a 3rd tall that far out from the finished product.

I think we'd settle for a Jack Gunston type as in the Tomorrow's Heroes article? ;)

Actually that is a pretty decent article, basically calling him a 3rd tall that far out from the finished product.
If we get both him and ANB, I’d suspect it’d end up being equivalent to F1 for both of them (with an F2 from GC coming in to replace the 2nd we’d be trading for ANB)

I’m still very unsure if that’s great asset management. Cumming coming in for free helps, though

Lines up with what I heard re: Perryman - Pies going very, very hard for him (assuming after they knew Keane was staying)
Why would Perryman, who sees himself as a midfielder, go to Port? It's one of maybe 3 clubs that he would have absolutely no chance of playing midfield. That's a Pruess level decision.

Why would Perryman, who sees himself as a midfielder, go to Port? It's one of maybe 3 clubs that he would have absolutely no chance of playing midfield. That's a Pruess level decision.
Money clouds judgement.

He's better off going to Collingwood for midfield time.

Yep, as long as they’re offering him close money (bigger than the GWS-offered contract) I see him going to the Lexus Centre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to be the priority with pick #4..you

Taylor should play more inside midfield next season.

Curtin will get time inside too, but mix up with other roles.
I would hope what Nicks has a rough idea of what he wants his 2026+ midfield to look like so he uses 2025 to get games into those he thinks will be part of our primary midfield rotations.

We should be developing/trading/drafting with a view to challenging in 2026/27/28 or we will face another decade of nothingness.

Fogarty/RT/Rankine/Rachele/Soligo/Dawson/Murray/Hinge/Michalanney/Worrell will all be in their prime. Add 2 A grade midfielders and that's a solid core to push for a premiership.

I would hope what Nicks has a rough idea of what he wants his 2026+ midfield to look like so he uses 2025 to get games into those he thinks will be part of our primary midfield rotations.

We should be developing/trading/drafting with a view to challenging in 2026/27/28 or we will face another decade of nothingness.

Nicks is certainly known for his forward thinking selection.

Nicks is certainly known for his forward thinking selection.
Thats what concerns me. He's slowly added names into the rotation during the year. Soligo, Rankine and Taylor with Dowling HB/Wing, Curtin making cameos.

Whether he sticks with that to start next year is anyones guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back