Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Mexican kid.gif
Curtin plays wing/middle with stints forward and back for me.

It looks like we have struck out in search for a midfielder, and at least this way we get Lukosius in the meantime whilst we try again next year.
There really aren't that many list holes going forward.

Wing - Cumming
Pressure forward - ANB
Third tall forward to replace Tex - Lukosius
Midfielder - Lalor/Draper
Small defender - ??
Ruck - ??
Small forward - ??
A grade midfielder - ??

Time will tell if the last 4 spots stop us from getting to the top.
Ruck you would think would be easy enough to fix with Obriens contract coming up shortly.
Small defender unclear what direction we go there - Bond has shown promise there. Outside that not no obvious long term candidate. Ryan?
Small forward - possible this isn't a need if the likes of ANB, Rachele, Pedlar can do the job alongside the bigs.
A grade midfielder - obvious gap. Rankine, Dawson, Soligo, Pick 4, Curtin might be good in time but in the next 2-3 years looks not amazing.

Long story short - we can't fix it all this offseason.
Things can change but Isaac been earmarked for half back role eg Brodie smith role

Things can change but Isaac been earmarked for half back role eg Brodie smith role
I like the idea of having several players able to switch between defence & wing. We already have Hinge, Nankervis, Jones (yes he will come good after his foot injury) & Milera... but we need really need another experienced player which Cumming will provide.

Also, reckon we could look to use Worrell in other roles too if we also have Murray, Butts & Keane all available.

Also, need to bring Edwards & Ryan into the mix.

I like the idea of having several players able to switch between defence & wing. We already have Hinge, Nankervis, Jones (yes he will come good after his foot injury) & Milera... but we need really need another experienced player which Cumming will provide.

Also, reckon we could look to use Worrell in other roles too if we also have Murray, Butts & Keane all available.

Also, need to bring Edwards & Ryan into the mix.
I also see Curtin as a potential wing like a mason wood role that the saints use

I also see Curtin as a potential wing like a mason wood role that the saints use
Absolutely.

I see him more as wing half forward.

Bit of Tom Lynch role.

Milera and Laird need to be relegated to depth, or even better, traded out.

Agreed. It's not a question of whether we have players in a role already, it's about whether we can replace the weak links in our side.

I'd love Milera to come back and become the player he occasionally threatened to be, but it seems very unlikely. And Laird is on borrowed time. We should absolutely be looking to replace both of them with classy players.

Milera and Laird need to be relegated to depth, or even better, traded out.
I'm willing to give Milera a bit of a chance to start the season (maybe as sub), but it's hard to see him providing anything much now, at 28yo after a 3rd season-ending injury

If we get Cumming, you'd think that the door would be very much closing on Junior

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm willing to give Milera a bit of a chance to start the season (maybe as sub), but it's hard to see him providing anything much now, at 28yo after a 3rd season-ending injury

If we get Cumming, you'd think that the door would be very much closing on Junior
Hopefully Milera can become useful depth as opposed to being unavailable.

Jones is the one who can essentially kiss his career goodbye if we get Cumming.
I'm not writing him off.

Can't underrate the foot injury.

See what it did to Petty too.

Hopefully Milera can become useful depth as opposed to being unavailable.
If he's healthy next year but doesn't get many best 22 chances, I can absolutely see him moving clubs, if he's willing to move state

He probably gets a game at HBF at some team in the league - like surely he's better than Zac Fisher at North, for instance

Tom Morris saying Perryman wants more midfield time...and is likely to end up at port.
That sounds like Preuss leaving Kangaroos for more opportunity because he was behind Goldstein...and then choosing Melbourne of all places.

"More midfield time" must just be code for "more money".
Cant see how he gets that at Port, its $$$

Tom Morris saying Perryman wants more midfield time...and is likely to end up at port.
That sounds like Preuss leaving Kangaroos for more opportunity because he was behind Goldstein...and then choosing Melbourne of all places.

"More midfield time" must just be code for "more money".

Maybe Rozee might spend more time at HB …. I think his midfield quality has dropped in the last year or two

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back